Thanks

Exclamation Please help a fellow CA.org member

Hello everyone,
    I hope I haven't violated any rules or anything with this post, but I don't know what else to do. I am in urgent need of financial help, I lost my job at the end of march. I worked in a factory (tempur-pedic) for 5 years, which I really miss.

(DONATION REQUEST REMOVED. AGAINST FORUM POLICY TO ALLOW THIS. SORRY. There are local places to get assistance. Your church, the local food bank, and other services. CA cannot be liable for this. I wish it could but it just cant. - jason manley)
    Last edited by Jason Manley; July 4th, 2009 at 03:40 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    *gets popcorn ready*
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IanE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Do you have a spouse and any children? I know I do, and we're making it off the unemployment that took over a six weeks to start coming in after my contract ended.

I would suggest filing for unemployment. Likely, seeing as you stated you worked for five years at this factory; You should receive the max benefit amount, granted your income was sufficient. I bet it was with the time you say you worked there.

Also; you should apply for state medicaid, especially if you have a child. State's offer a plethora of programs for the needy, down-trodden or those who are simply lazy.

You can apply for food stamps as well. Beyond all this is well-fare if you
    truly need it. Everything is paid, and you don't have to do anything. You might wake up at night because your neighbors are fighting over a line of crack, but that comes with the territory.

I must say though; Why the hell would you ask people on a forum for money when you can get these programs? There happens to be a thing called job corps as well. They'll house you, train you, feed you, give you clothes, get you certified and find you job.

If you're having so much trouble with the bills(the necessary ones), why not cut the internet off? There was a time before this and cell phones. Downgrade if you need to.

I feel like this is a scam. Are you requesting moneygrams by any chance?
    Last edited by GhostValkyrie; July 4th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostValkyrie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I am recieving unemployment and I have 3 kids but they are my gf's who works but the income is insufficient. I'm just asking out to anyone that's willing to help. I will accept moneygrams if that's what your wanting to send. just any amount of money weather it be $5 or whatever

Thanks
    I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, I tried to send what ever little pittance i had left in my account but your account doesn't accept paypal users from outside America, try to stay postitive in the meantime, art has the ability to lift peoples spirits,

Thanks
    thanks for trying sarkey, I will try to keep my head up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    How about, wait for it..................................

getting another job?

Thanks
    I have been trying, no one is hiring. Virginia Unemployment requires anyone who is filing for payment to put in atleast 2 applications per week to recieve benefits each week. I put in atleast 5 a week. Look ppl I'm not looking for a free ride or to scam anyone I'm just in a position at the moment where I'm just reaching out for some help that's all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    Well you can't blame people for thinking this is dodgey, can ya?

now i don't know anything about jobs in the us or anything, if its like england at the moment then i feel for you, and if what your saying is true then i wish you all the best and sorry i can't help out at all, got more money going out than coming in myself

Thanks
    Thanked 11,434 Times in 2,935 Posts
    this is not acceptable on CA. Sorry.

The position you are in is unfortunate. I have been there myself. I had to bite down and take a job at subway, then climb my way to the mall, then telemarketing, then working the salmon docks of alaska and being thousands of miles away from home. Sacrefice. It is the only way. Move to another city if you have toi. I did. Moved all the way from minnesota to Arizona with a duffle bag, and enough money to rent an apt for a month while I found a job. Subway it was. I was fucking miserable. Within a year I was the happiest I had been in my life as I was making progress. The only thing I got for free was a bag of oranges. Times are tough on many. You want to make it? Make big changes. Sell your tv, your cd player, and anything else valuable. Rebuild later. You gotta focus wake to sleep on short term solutions. Chase your dreams. You will get there. Took me a few years but in time it was art that was supporting me.

As far as supporting anothers children...I understand that must be tough. Go after that father and make him pay child support if possible. Find a job online. There are tons of things you can do online to make money. Just gotta look and dig and dig and dig...whether it be researching or doing odd jobs. Put an ad in the paper for odd jobs and make flyers and go around and post them on peoples front gates or in grocery stores. youll find stuff. it is not others responsibility to pay you, though I do appreciate the sentiment. you are going to have to use your ingenuity instead of asking for help. Id bet if you put your mind to it that you could find work tomorrow or the next day if you really put your mind to it and looked at all solutions...there have to be places hiring...whether it be bussing dishes or shoveling shit at the chicken barns. There are jobs. Ive done both those btw....both. So dont be above the horrid jobs. go find some work. Is the only way. Independent.

Good luck

Jason
    Last edited by Jason Manley; July 4th, 2009 at 03:47 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    why does your IP address show as north carolina, your profile show as TN, and your post say virginia?

http://www.indeed.com/l-Iron-Station...8080-jobs.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=charl...ient=firefox-a

Your IP shows you are an hour outside Charlotte. Go get a job dood. There are jobs to be had. Go. You have had since march. Do not tell me you have looked every single day all day long all night long for jobs since march. Thats what you should be doing. When MB needs work, I do that. When I needed work in school...thats what I did. Persist. make yourself some friggen coffee or a glass of ice water and sit down and start searching. Look look look. Look everywhere. Temporary services, the internet, local job boards (try the colleges...there are always job boards), etc...the fact that you havent found anything for going on four months shows that you have not really looked all that hard. Seriously. Look. What have you been doing since march? Put your nose to the grindstone...id bet you will have something by Friday next week. Do whatever it fucking takes. twenty hours a day at the puter starting now if need be. google is your friend. those with a mindset ready and willing to solve a problem will do so.

Asking for help and others giving donations only makes the issue worse. The issue starts with you...it starts with the desire to have things handed to you. It wont be. You are going to have to do this yourself....I did it...and so can you. go to the church if you cant find money to feed the kids. but really man...time to bust ass and find a job.

Jason
    Last edited by Jason Manley; July 4th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    UPS, United Parcel Service in case it doesn't ring a bell, is a hell of a good place for work. It's part time, you get paid more than minimum wage starting off and receive full time benefits such as insurance. You don't need a college education, they don't even drug test. As long as you're desperate enough for some good ol' manual labor, and I think you are, track down the nearest hub and apply. In a little over a year you could be making nearly $11.50 an hour. Then you can work another, less physical job to supplement a full-time income.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Look look look. Look everywhere. Temporary services, the internet, local job boards (try the colleges...there are always job boards), etc...the fact that you havent found anything for going on four months shows that you have not really looked all that hard. Seriously. Look. What have you been doing since march? Put your nose to the grindstone...id bet you will have something by Friday next week.
    He should already have plenty of job searches done. I dunno 'bout Tennessee, but here in Texas we're required to make 5 job contacts a week.
    Ironically; I got a commission doing sea creature illustrations for a university here where I didn't even apply. It ain't monsters and heroes, but it puts food on the table and gas in the tank. Perhaps it can be a gateway.

Anyway; find a job, Anurizm. Let us know if tempur-pedic takes you back. I'm sure they'll realize they lost a first-class bed tester sooner or later.

EDIT: He said VA only requires two but he's putting in five.
    Right...

Thanks
    yeah five a week aint much....could probably do five an hour if the mind was seriously driven to do it. i dont see why not. linkedin...the godsend to job connections.

Thanks
    When I was that badly in need of money, I turned to all the jobs I loathed because I knew I needed to do what I had to in order to get by, even in my poor mental state. I worked at Staples for the love of god, I hated it there, I loathed every day of work but at least it paid my rent.
    "Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com