Sketchbook: missingno's sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

missingno's sketchbook

Um. Hello!
    I have been drawing for a long long time, but it doesn't really show. So in other words, I need to improve. Drastically. And this looks to be a pretty good (if intimidating) place for honest feedback. I'll try to update daily, but only if I have something worth updating with.

Anyways, drawings ahoy.

Name:  alligar.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  52.3 KB
    This was supposed to be an alligator gar, but I'm not sure what it is anymore. It probably turned out weird because the show I was watching was called Monster Quest. Actually it's probably because I don't know how to draw fish.

Name:  amelia.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  117.1 KB
    Recent thing, after discovering Posemaniacs. The clothes killed everything. Or maybe the face. I like drawing cutesy anime faces, even though it is probably a bad thing to do. :/

Name:  standingaround.jpg
Views: 2742
Size:  239.5 KB
    Oldish thing. It's pretty bad in a lot of ways, but I like it. It's a pretty good example of typical stuff I draw, though: messy, anime style, female, giant head, weird shoulders and arms, inexplicably skin-tight clothing, blank expression, other drawings visible through paper... Eheheh.

Uh, thanks for reading?

Last edited by missingno.; November 27th, 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: because "junkbox" sounded a little too self-deprecating
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  crankyface.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  98.5 KB
    I couldn't think of a reason to be standing like that other than being very disgruntled and in high heels.
    Must work on hands and feet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe I will try this again when I am less tired and I can put up with my face for longer amounts of time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Missed a bus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI and Welcome to CA

good start, the fish has nice lines.me too, i always wanted to draw something then it trun anything else, so i continue in that direction

This is surely a great place to improve. Here is only one thing to know : DRAW DRAW DRAW

even is it looks weird, post it. this will show your errors to others.
    some crits about your drawing:
    -you need to pay attention to proportions, measure and re-measure and always verify.
    (grab andrew loomis's books , they are free on internet and begin reading and copying them)
    -you figure is quite good, it needs some tweaking. make sure to begin with construction. (look in loomis books)
    -avoid furry lines, practice drawing straight lines (do one thousand of them) curved lines, circle (do one thousand) try longer and longer lines in one stoke.

and post more drawing

cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would suggest for you to do some anatomical studies. Like zou said, the proportions need work and the areas in which joints connect need to be worked on a bit too. I like the fact that you are trying action poses and your sketches are looks and not rigid or stuff. I like the alligator fish thing in the first post.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks!
    I promise that I am listening. Was kind of sick the last few days, so I was having trouble concentrating on drawing. :/

Name:  fredhead.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  34.2 KB
    Freddie the kitten's head. Only his head because he moves around a TON and his fur is all black, making it a little hard for me to concentrate on the rest of his body. Also he likes to attack me while I'm drawing.

The next thing... Eh. I was getting burnt out on practicing, so I decided to mess around a little. I wanted her anatomy to be kind of exaggerated and stylized, but it's mostly just bad, haha.
    Name:  chirichan.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  65.3 KB

And then, I sort of drew my hand. But only sort of. Blurgh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start. Everybody here is learning too.

Even if you intent to have a more stylized drawing, you need to have a good knowledge of structure and anatomy.

I agree with zou. Loomis books are a good place to study.

"The way that your heart beats makes all the difference in learning to live"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY!!! MY ENGLISH ISN´T THAT GOOD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to R-Russo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I definitely need to figure out how to use these loomis books.

I wanted to practice at least the idea of arms, shoulders, torsos and such yesterday, but I was out most of the day, so I had to use my own arms. Maybe I am just shy, but it doesn't seem right to start doing all these ridiculous poses while at a friend of a friend's house, so a lot of guessing was involved.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of these arms are too long. I was more trying to figure out how the joints work than anything else, but, eh, yeah.
    Name:  armsntorsos.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  134.8 KB
    Arrgh, and the lines, the lines, the lines, the lines! Need to work on that.

Again, thanks for the advice and encouragement, I really really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another self portrait, except in this case I think I stopped paying attention about a third of the way through. Or something. Ugh. Very discouraged lately.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not entirely sure what happened but I stopped posting here for over a year, but I'm not sure I have improved at all. I was going to say that I thought I had gotten worse but wow the stuff in this thread is pretty awful.

Name:  connect_smllr.png
Views: 592
Size:  1.05 MB
    This is a few months old, but probably the best thing I have done in a while which is why I say I might have gotten worse. I always seem to chicken out on coloring. This is actually half an image but the whole one is huge and the lines are mirrored anyway which I think is the main thing I need help with (for now).

I know I need to work on anatomy a hell of a lot, and lines. How do I get nice lines? Suck it up and go with pens? Draw bigger? Both?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, today I drew a lot of hands and things similar to hands and some noses. Then I drew a pokemon and felt ashamed

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.