Brit student needs guidance- please help
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Brit student needs guidance- please help

Argh

Well, its been quite a wild ride recently. Well, a kind of stationary but wild nontheless kind of... nevermind. Basically, im 17, British, and dying to be a concept artist. My 'thing' is figurative work, always has been, ive been drawing naked people from my head since i was 12 I rarely draw from life by choice, and ive never drawn from a live model. This is sh*t, and surprising as im doing a diploma in fine art- but hey this college sucks so what can i say. What ive decided recently is that, if i realistically want to make a living in life from drawing (i want to draw to eat, god knows, but i dont want to draw to live, if you get my meaning ) its gonna have to be in America. Britain just aint a big enough pool. Some Britans may scoff at this but im being taught by a guy who went to cambridge and got a first in illustration- all he got was drawing crap in indie mags and drawing clown dogs for birthday cards. haha, yes, also haha, no- thats not the life i want. ive been reading on this board today and palpitating (yes- palpitating) and panicking and what-iffing so much my heart is beating. more than usual. overly dramatic maybe- but HELP MEEE!! Where should i go?! watts attelier sounds good, and so does gnomon (someone PLEASE tell me more about gnomon, its sounds awesome but could it possibly be as good as it sounds?!) i dont want to go over to the US and join a AI school only to discover it really IS as bad as some people say- sorry all those who are trying to blow their trumpet, but i aint taking that risk). The thing is, i really want STRUCTURE i.e. school kind of structure, and for a decent length of time as well e.g. 1-3 years- but i want the kind of class structure and good reputation (and low cost!) that gnomon/watts provide- sounds weird i know, maybe someone will be able to make sense of it. Like i said, i draw lots of figurative stuff, so my main interest is character/creature design, even though i can draw landscapes, scenarios etc... i also enjoy storyboarding...?! Help, please, advice, someone anyone, im in the UK so i cant visit these places which also sucks so please describe advise arrrrGGH!!

cheers

?!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ditto to toby!!!! have you checked our gnomons website? it's quite informative. i'm in exactly the same dilemma except i'm 15 so have yet to go to college. anyway, art is my thing and some guidence of some description would be good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry toby im in the same boat ( 18, brit, art student on fine art diploma) I'm not sure where to go next I've applied for my route A unis but most are combined arts fineart/illustration courses. But I gotta choose my route B courses now

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.