The result of 3 days of antomy studies
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The result of 3 days of antomy studies

I don't get a lot of replies to post and I wonder if it's because pwople think I don't listen to there advice. I do it this is the result. I've been sketching the human figure a lot and I think it shows here.

I know it might not appear that I listen but I do.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm the guy that does his job! You must be the other guy!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...73#post2633373 <- longest link to a sketchbook ever.
    http://thesketchersden.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The anatomy is good. Perhaps the head is a tad too big though. One thing you might want to pay attention is the length of the limbs and how they work together with the rest of the body. In this image the left leg seems to be longer because it is in an angle whereas the right leg is in a vertical position. If the legs are at different angles but touch the ground on the same level, the hip should be rotated more to compensate that angle so that the legs are of equal length. The rotation of the pelvis also affects the vertebrae and overall posture.

Here's an image to show you what I mean:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah your right. I was trying to point her left hip away as she was putting her wait on it and didn't think about hoaw that would effect everythig below the hip.

I'm the guy that does his job! You must be the other guy!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...73#post2633373 <- longest link to a sketchbook ever.
    http://thesketchersden.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the right arm is shorter than the left arm. I also think that maybe with the length of her shirt that her belly button would have started to show a little bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I feel like you could benefit from gesture drawings from posemaniacs.com --your figure here is very very stiff. It's obvious you were trying hard to be accurate, which is great, but the figure lacks a feeling of movement because the pose is rock solid. When shifting weight onto a certain leg (also called contra pasto, might have spelled that wrong), the rest of the body begins to curve--mostly in the spine and the shoulder area. keep trying and good luck this is jsut something that takes practice

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its cool that you can take the pic the whole way, y'know, from sketch to full colors, but you should make more preliminarys, the arms dont look the same length, and the leg placement looks a little odd too, you should try to visualize not just the angle your drawing, but also how that particular pose would look from different angles, and try to put all that information to use, also, you shoud taper the knee area and ankles a little more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hala: Thanks for the tip. I`ve been thinking about starting a sketchbook for that. Ferretal: I have trouble seeing my drawing before I start. Any advice?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -I would lower her crotch
    -give her the same length arms.
    -round out the bottom of the boobs, or if you want to keep them heavy, lower it perhaps.
    -Position both knees higher up the leg.

I'm still getting used to colour, but I like these a lot.
    There's a classic feel to it. I can't tell what it is. It could just need a few highlighting pops with dodge and burn tool. (Experiment please)

[I'll add more, when I can remember them ...]

Keep working on this one blueknightfox, it's a nice, rebel piece.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like this a lot. Although, stylistically it seems halfway between an illustration/painting and a cartoon.

I think you can help it by really looking at a the folds on pair of jeans. Find some ref for that. Right now the jeans look mushy and fake.

kev

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kev ferrara: So sketch more lower bodies. I`m new to colors and havn`t got "it" yet. Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

contrapposto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrapposto

take a look it also helps give it that sexy/allure quality

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not too bad. Were you doing anatomy studies from photos or from life, or a bit of both?

The upper body doesn't look too bad, other than the aforementioned arm-length thing. The one thing that I would like to expand upon is the lower body, starting at the navel area.

If you look at your body, and draw an imaginary line from your belly button to your side, you'll notice that it roughly lines up with the top of your pelvis. On your art, that's not the case. Either it's below her belt or above her hips, but either way, it throws things off.

Also, the curve on the back of her leg doesn't look totally natural, as if her leg bulges out backwards. The proportions look alright for the most part.

I whipped up a quick sketch to show how the legs, in theory, should work (though it is a bit cluttered, sorry!) The "heads" are approximately how large those parts of the boday are in comparison to the figure's head (in case you were not privy to that info). it's 1.5 heads from the bottom of the groin to the knee, then roughly one head from the knee to the ankle area. The more you draw the human figure, the more you'll be able to pull off proper proportions without even thinking about it

"...let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin, (let him do) with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest."

My humble sketchbook (updates sometimes!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Williams73: Thanks for the link. That helps a lot. Frozenbean: I use photos. I printed the sketch and tacked to my wall by my desk. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.