Character Demo Reel

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character Demo Reel

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a character demo reel, and just wanted to get some feedback from the community. It is far from done, but any comments would be appreciated.

You can view my demo reel at my website:

http://singerko.com/gallery_page/cha..._demo_reel.htm

Below are just some sample pics of my characters.

Thanks

Character Demo Reel

Character Demo Reel

Character Demo Reel

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sko25; June 30th, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, there's one thing I know about animation studios/game studios is that you either need to be an excellent animator, modeler, or TD-riger. So that means if you want to be an animator FOCUS on animation-telling a story, giving a charactor emotion, weight, etc. The charactor could literally be a stick figure as long as your animatin is top notch. If you want to be a modeler, then your don't do any animation, show amazing models. Your models need to be top notch, and you needn't worry about animating them. If you want to build/model charctors make sure they rock. Models must be awesome-there are plenty of gmae concept charactor designs on this board in the "It's finally finished" forum, find some and model them. load the charctor images in the back ground of your modeling program and build the charactor as closely to the design as possalbe. I admit I didn't look at your link so I don't know if you want to be a modeler or animator, but I can tell you by looking at the models you posted here, they are a good start BUT you have a way to go before getting hired by a studio. Also-build what you like- If you love charactors build charactors, or if you like machines/guns build those-chances are your passion will come through in your work. I hope this helps some. Also net work, and if you're in school, go for internships with game companies. I was formerly the director of animation at a studio in Nor Cal-I hope this info helps. --Ironically I am now getting away from 3d and trying to hone my illustration skills. Good luck to you, and never give up!
    Best

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The stills you posted look good, although the only one where the gesture feels convincing is the bald guy with the two guns. That one's great! The others all feel like the gesture needs to be more obvious and a bit more exaggerated--what are they supposed to be doing exactly?

FYI: I can't get your reel to load because I'm on a Mac. If you could post a more universally accessible version--either on YouTube or in QuickTime format--I'd be able to watch it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks steven, and giacomo, I went back and reposed them for my reel. My website is back up with more gallery pics, and the video is now hosted by youtube, so anyone should be able to view it.

http://singerko.com/

thanks guys, anymore suggestions would be great

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.