Beginning Entry: 2.64 MB of imagery

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Beginning Entry: 2.64 MB of imagery

Okay.
    fistly i would like to say hello to all the artists who have decided to take a gander at my Newborn WIP, and to say a preemptive thanks to those willing to give any Critiques to help me improve the Piece.

So this is my Entry i have been working pretty solid on for a while now.
    But things keep bugging me about it, there seems to be very little or no depth, and there seems to be problems with focal points and areas in which to interest the viewer's eye.

i have an irking problem with the central figure, the anatomy of the shoulders and chest area seems slightly off, and the mass of the figure does not seem to "move in a way that seems "right".

i may have re-shuffle the composition in order to get something better but i wanted to get the opinion of you fine folks at CA first just to see what others think what could be done.

But enough of my Rambling, please----what do YOU think?

From Start 'til Now:
    Name:  N1.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  N2.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  161.5 KB

Name:  N3.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  204.7 KB

Name:  N4.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  188.3 KB

Name:  N5.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  190.5 KB

Name:  N6.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  186.7 KB

Name:  N7.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  N8.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  N9.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  160.2 KB

Name:  N10.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  N11.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  N12.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  N13.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  157.6 KB

Name:  N14.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  159.9 KB

Name:  N15.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  158.8 KB

Name:  N16.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  233.7 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The figure looks too bright, so much so the details are becoming lost. The figure does need to be the focus but that doesn't mean it all needs to be so overpowering. I like the values of the head and "hair" in #8, although you still need to tone down the body and TV. Maybe make the screen bigger, having it stretch as he pushes through it. Make him transparent but clearly defined, like a ghost.

Some of his glow could reflect - subtly! - on the ground and little people, and the TV frame, and the rest of the scene would fade off into darkness. The people could have shadows indicating he is the light source. ATM the shadows in the background don't really match anything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Baron, your figure is losing a lot of detail, and the colors that end up in his shadowed areas look like they've gone negative. You had some nice detail in the muscles but that is all gone now. Also I'd think more about your composition. Its very flat and straight on right now, and when theres no perspective in a picture it can get boring. I like your first thumbnail, it looks like you were going for that when you first started. You also have way too much negative space everywhere. You might be planning on using it, but if not, you should think about changing it up. Also, be careful that you dont start just slapping color everywhere. Think about what you want the piece to say, the mood you want to convey. Is this a happy inspirational piece? Or is this thing emerging and taking over? Are you bleeding color into the world? On the surface its easy to see what your idea is, but you should go deeper. Keep going! Its a great start!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And I concur with the others. The colors are way too distracting because they are so saturated. I almost like the black and white version better - it almost gives a sense of something more mechanical - at least to me. But also lessening the saturation and making the figure more transparent may also help for him to not overpower the composition. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So it's a guy coming out of a TV? I'm not getting much of a maternal connection between the guy and the TV in your composition. I would thumbnail out some other ideas before putting in as much time as you have with the rendering and the color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ummm......very andrew jones-y...................the colors are very saturated n dont look cohesive... great idea tho.... keep going... its a great start!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.