Newborn: The born of a tyrant or a vigilante

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn: The born of a tyrant or a vigilante

Hi guys

I am new to the forum and these are my ideas for the newborn contest. I am not a pro , just a beginner, entering a contest with the professional is mad but it will be fun. i am entering the contest with 2 drawings or more if i can.

The first one will be the born of a tyrant or a vigilante, this is my favourite idea, it just came out from nowhere. The idea is that an innocent person witness a brutal massacre and she is helpless to help them. She saw the UN(the scapegoat) turning a deaf ear on the incident and she felt neglected, reborn as a tyrant or a vigilante and taking her revenge or self justice.

I will post the final drawing asap because drawing on bamboo A6 is HARD.

excuse my bad english

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a nice idea, but make more sketches and think if you find a better way to visualize it. And how to make clear what you want to say in the picture.

If you want to stay in the Manga stile, why not use comic-elements, like panels, or more than one picture in the whole. For example a picture with her in what ever kind of pose, and the rest of the picture divided into some kind of panels to tell the story or maybe to show the possible results ? There are a lot of different ways.

Oh and dont stop yourself because you (maybe) dont win. Just working a picture out through the end makes you better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I somehow know how to express the idea, the glasses near the girl show whats happening, one of the lenses reflecting scene of the massacre and the other one show the UN soldiers stand down. But it will be to small to draw on , i was thinking of putting a broken mirror next to her to reflect what is going on. Maybe i should focus it more of her faces and put the glass infront of her bigger.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like this, i can focus more on her head ,which i am quite good at drawing it ,also how do u know i am more into manga ? And thanks for the advice,i will keep drawing.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No madness in entering with the pros Pepero. They don't bite, and are more likely to give you good advice. It should be a win-win situation. OK, you may not win the over all competition - only a couple of lucky (and probably rather over-talented - I know who I have in mind for the top honours so far) folk can do that, but you wil gain in so many other ways.
    You should learn tons as you go, especially with the great feedback you're likely to get - WIN.
    You should end up with an image better than if you'd been working in isolation - WIN.
    You should be encouraged to interact more in the forums in future and get more of the same for new projects you do - WIN.

Just join in and enjoy. It's a no brainer - really.
    The only thing that might trip you up temporarily is if you make the mistake of getting too precious about your work and taking affront at criticsm genuinely meant to help you. We all suffer the 'ego dent' from time to time. Just understand that most comments are trying to help not hurt. I'm a old pro supposedly, yet I still get it from time to time. You have to dust yourself down, take a deep breath and use it to spur you on to become better. It's for your own good.

Go for it, I say and more power to you.
    More sketching please. Churn those ideas out at us.

Last edited by Nickillus; June 29th, 2009 at 11:11 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Nick Harris illustration http://nickillus.com/ SKETCHBOOK GALLERY
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doing a comic style is a great idea,divide the idea into panels but it need to fit onto one page, it can show the transformation of an innocent person transform into a tyrant.An art that explain itself!,back to sketching

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.