ZBrush Help
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: ZBrush Help

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ZBrush Help

Hello my name is Patrick. Today I started messing around with ZBrush while watching the online video tutorials on how to use basic tools. I went to to download section on pixologics website to download the human head add on that video had.

there was a standard head that came with the program that was smooth and had the impression of hair that was sculped into it. The other human head I downloaded was a bald male head.

In the video the bald human head was very smooth just like the standard head that came with the program. When I uploaded the head it was not smooth at all, very blocky and kinda looked like pinhead from hellraiser.

This happens to the other standard model that came with the program called super average man. Is there an option I need to set to make mesh smooth?

I'm not good with computer specs but this is my system information.
    Dell, Intel(R), Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 2.99 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM, Microsoft windows XP professional, version 2002, service pack 3

ZBrush says I need this:

ZBRUSH 3.1 - WINDOWS
    Recommended:
    CPU: Fast P4 or newer (or equivalent such as AMD) with optional multithreading or hyperthreading capabilities
    RAM: 1024MB (2048MB for working with multi-million-poly meshes)
    Monitor: 1280x1024 monitor resolution or higher (32 bits)

Minimum System Requirements
    CPU: PIII
    RAM: 512MB (1024 MB recommended)
    Monitor: 1024x768 monitor resolution (32 bits)

Please help me if you can. I really want to understand this program better.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep.

Tool > Geometry > Divide.

You might want to read about this subject, since it´s essential to understand what you´re doing.

My website

Facebook Page

New CA Sketchbook

" The scientific and generally accepted-in-art term for this is "You're fuckin' screwed, dude..." " Ilaekae - May 16th, 2009

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carlosranna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually my girlfriend found it in geometry. Did devide a few times. By the way is there a better tool for carving inwards besides holding down alt? I tride slash but was no good. I am working on a standard male head, but wanna slit his mouth wider on the sides without getting funky geometry? Kinda like the new joker

I tried switching to the eraser tool but then I can't make it back to the mode I was in before lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm beating myself up trying to understand why it is that when I draw in a mask over a simple object like a square, and then extract it I get high poly's from a low poly primative. Trying to make armor and clothing from already existing geometry.

My second question would be how can I cut holes into the geometry. ZSub pushes the geometry further back and even pokes out the back of the model. When using the eraser tool I can cut holes but zbrush changes into 2D mode and I can't get back into 3D mode.

Thank you

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.