Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts

Thumbs up The Sountrack of your life. (free music links)

want to add some new sound to your current reality.?

here are a few links to a some amazing music producer friends of mine that have generously and consensually offered their art to the masses .

please download these tracks completely guilt free and make sure to check them out in person when they come to a sound system near you!!

R/D a master of space/funk . he has been a secret weapon of mine for a while and one of the most talented and under rated producers around- check out his interview and new cricket mix.
    http://iamalaser.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/iamalaser/r-d-...et-ep-mini-mix

Bluetech, many of you may be familiar with Evan, we toured japan together a few years ago, his sound is designed to heal your soul.
    you can download this entire new album here http://www.bluetechonline.com/

Brion, Brion has contributed heavily to the soundtrack of my life. this is a awesome long dubby mix he created after i relentlessly pursued him to post more of his mixes.
    be sure to check out the file name
    http://soundcloud.com/iamalaser/android-dreams-of-jah

if your ready to get Whomped! then Lotus Drops is you medicine, Lotus is my official spiritual bodyguard , her music helps chase away the demons.
    http://soundcloud.com/iamalaser/lotu...mpo-crunk-womp

and if your in the for something with a bit more rock anthem flavor then check out Adam Freeland. donate your email address to his site and he will send you a link to his new single , his new album "cope" is a masterpiece.
    http://www.freeland.fm/

if anyone else has a artist you want to help promote that has given permission to download their music, post the links in this thread and spread the sound.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanks for the links Mr. Jones. Hope I can download them in 320kbps.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Download the album of the year (in my opinion) which was entirely fan funded and therefore entirely free. Written by the musical genius (and artist I should add) Toby Driver as well as well as the majority of the original line up [plus the magnificent Mia Matsumiya (Kayo Dot, Gregor Samsa, Tartar Lamb) on violin] , maudlin of the Well presents their first album in eight years, titled Part the Second. Following the masterpieces Bath and Leaving your Bodymap, Part the Second creates a much more subtle atmosphere that feels almost a transcendence between motW and it's post-incarnation Kayo Dot. What was formerly aggressive and melancholic was presented in a manner that is undoubtedly happy, but the music is so incredibly well played and the song writing so well established that there needn't be any remorse for what once was and is no more. This album has become the sound track of my life for the past few weeks and I'm glad that motW was generous enough to share it with the entire world!

The Sountrack of your life.  (free music links)

maudlin of the Well - Part the Second (2009)

Genre: Avant-Garde/Progressive/Experimental Rock
    Label: Self Released

Lineup:

- Toby Driver / guitar, baritone guitar, bass guitar, vocals, hand claps
    - Sam Gutterman / drums, bass guitar, other percussion, hand claps
    - Terran Olson / flute, alto and baritone saxophone, piano, organ, synths, hand claps
    - Greg Massi / guitar
    - Josh Seipp-Williams / guitar

Guest Musicians:
    - Mia Matsumiya / violin
    - David Bodie / orchestral percussion & hand claps
    - Madeleine Craw / cello
    - Jim Fogarty / hammond elbow

Tracklisting:

1. An Excerpt From 6,000,000,000,000 Miles Before the First, or, The Revisitation of the Blue Ghost (1999-2009) (10:55)
    2. Another Excerpt: Keep Light Near You, Even When Dying (1997-2009) (5:59)
    3. Rose Quartz Turning to Glass (1997-2009) (7:30)
    4. Clover Garland Island (2007-2009) (8:18 )
    5. Laboratories of the Invisible World (Rollerskating the Cosmic Palmistric Postborder) (2005-2009) (11:50)

Total Time 44:32
    Last edited by OldJake666; June 28th, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

chriskot is offline non-dishwasher safe, keep away from open flame
    Thanks
    Excellent idea for a thread. I very much like R/D and Adam Freeland. Thanks for the links Android.

I can only think of one contribution currently, and it's completely different from the music listed above. For those of you who don't know him, Jonathan Coulton is mostly more of a light-hearted folk rock artist with a bit of comedy and geek culture thrown into his music. He was a programmer until one day he quit his job to pursue his dream of being a musician, and now makes enough money from live shows that he can afford to make half of his songs free to download (while the others are still free to stream from his site). His most famous tune now is probably "Still Alive", which you would certainly know if you ever finished Portal. If you liked that, then you'll definitely enjoy at least some of his other songs too.
    Last edited by chriskot; June 26th, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chriskot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'd like to bring attention to this hugely talented individual, JT Bruce, his work has been the soundtrack of many hours I spend drawing. I don't know enough about music to label his style with some flashy sub-subculture term, I just really really like it. Also, his records are released under the CC-licence, I espescially like the last 2 albums of his, "dreamer's paradox" and "Universica"

If you want to check it out: http://www.subjectruin.net/MUSIC.htm

His art is really unique, too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Faust~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Link another torrent from a warez-torrent site and i will ban you

re edit - do your research - it was legally put on there by the artist, for those of you who want to find it just google for Soundtrack for a Vacant Life torrent)

please let me know the next time you edit one of my posts davi.
    Last edited by TZA; November 15th, 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: my post got edited by someone

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TZA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^
    Ummmmm, is that legitimate or are you just upping torrents? :/

Some free post-rock stuff, this band is excellent and they graciously supply free music to the world! Buy their split if you like this stuff.

sleepmakeswaves - demo (2007)

Genre: Instrumental Post-Rock
    Label: Self Released (and later by Lost Children UK)

Lineup:

- Kid / guitars
    - Tom / guitars
    - Alex / bass, programming
    - Will / drums

Tracklisting:

1. One Day You Will Teach Me to Let Go of My Fears (6:30)
    2. By Moving the Stars I Have Found Where You Are Hiding (5:17)

sleepmakeswaves - in today already walks tomorrow (2008 )

Label: Lost Children UK

Lineup:

- Kid / guitars
    - Tom / guitars
    - Alex / bass, programming
    - Will / drums

Tracklisting:

1. I Will Write Peace on Your Wings and You Will Fly Over the World (7:22)
    2. Exits to Nowhere (3:41)
    3. One Day You Will Teach Me to Let Go of My Fears (6:21)
    4. So That Children Will Always Shout Her Name (7:03)
    5. It's Dark, It's Cold, It's Winter (4:46)
    6. What We Cannot Speak of Must Be Passed Ever in Silence (8:03)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

chriskot is offline non-dishwasher safe, keep away from open flame
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Kobrin View Post
    Nope, that's legit. I forgot about that one. The Flashbulb writes good music.

Thanks
    http://www.denverclay.com/

Denver Clay is the leading authority on how the interactions of music, sound and patterns of vibration can be applied to deliver profound states of consciousness, Denver Clay has moved beyond just music that elicits an emotional response; he opens the doors within consciousness.

In the late 1980's Denver Clay teamed with Richard Bandler, founder of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), creating music that is used to facilitate installation of successful patterns of behavior and communication that distinguish individuals from their peers. Their inspired efforts led them to produce music and bend sounds that contribute to the ability to reach states of consciousness not normally accessible. Working with Richard Bandler helped focus his music career on projects that provide inspirational resources for hypnosis and growth potential.

A master composer and consummate keyboardist, Denver Clay proves daily that music is more then just sound. He allows his music to grow worlds beyond the known musical formats. His work cannot be labeled easily as New Age, Trace, or Electronica. He is breaking musical barriers with his skill and breadth of knowledge of both music and the mind. He has created his own genre.

Since 1997, Denver Clay has partnered with Hypnotica to produce pieces used specifically with hypnosis. They have spent over 10,000 hours working on the elements that are part of their CD. The duo has produced a CD that provides the graduated moments to reach higher states to allow for change within the mind. This is a grand idea that has taken shape in a valuable form of a hypnosis tool and multi-level CD. The music is filled with layers of music and sound surrounded by low level commands spinning stories for the listener to get lost and found within. [the author refers to "The Sphinx Of Imagination" here]

The Duo continues to produce work that benefits the mind and expands the horizons of the listeners through the ever-changing landscape of sound and hypnosis.

that stuff will blow your mind. and i'm not talkin in that marketing jargon fluff way... it really will. especially you as artists will appreciate what your hear and what it does to your mind. check the samples at the audio section to get a taste.

headphones, comfortable position, and a couple minutes of silence are absolutely required!!!.

Thanks
    Great idea!

Diego Bernal instrumental hiphop album, in the lines of J-Dilla's Donuts.
    Download: http://www.antipop.net/forcorners.zip
    Listen: http://www.antipop.net/releases/exp15.php (warning, auto play when the page it's opened)
    Sorry for my bad english.
    My Webpage | My SB | My DA | My Blog

Thanks
    Another post-rock one. This is nothing special really. Actually it's so painfully generic that it's almost bad. There is NOTHING creative about this album... but hey the musicianship is pretty good so I enjoyed it. And it's FREE!

Beware of Safety - dogs (2008)

Label: The Mylene Sheath

Lineup:

- Adam Kay/Guitar
    - Jeff Zemina/Guitar
    - Morgan Hendry/Drums & Keyboards
    - Steve Molter/Guitar
    - Tad Piecka/Bass

Tracklisting:

1. Nu Metal (10:43)
    2. The Supposed Common (8:02)
    3. Step Or Stone (5:29)
    4. Hexa (7:34)
    5. Circa (2:24)
    6. Dogs (2:46)
    7. Yards And Yards (9:13)
    8. Light Of Day (3:29)
    9. The Laughter Died (10:16)
    10. Raingarden (7:39)

Total Time 67:58

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome stuff android, awesome stuff everyone else, definitely checking out all these guys. My contribution:

About two months ago Del The Funky Homosapien (Founder of such groups as hieroglyphics, deltron3030 and gorillaz) released his seventh studio album (as well as two leak packs) for free on his site: http://delthefunkyhomosapien.bandcamp.com/

This is definitely a must get for all alternative/underground hip hop fans.

Franc~

Sketchbook

Blog

Fingerless Gloves

Proxzee: I'm gonna prime your canvas with my man gesso.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FranciscoShreds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Adding another one to the list.

Follow The White Rabbit is a great tech metal/mathcore band from russia. Been listening to them ever since chris arp (guitarist for PsyOpus, also an AMAZING, AMAZING!!! band) recommended them.

Here's their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ftwrband

And here's a link to their EP: http://www.sendspace.com/file/06xq9k

you can pull it directly from their myspace using the link, (that says 'download ep 2008') or through their blog entry, but you have to sign up to a russian facebook type thing for that. >.>

CD cover:

Franc~

Sketchbook

Blog

Fingerless Gloves

Proxzee: I'm gonna prime your canvas with my man gesso.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FranciscoShreds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've seen PsyOpus, good band...

zomg lets thank andrew a million times but not give any thanks to anyone else who's uploading just as much if not more music than him...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've seen PsyOpus, good band...

zomg lets thank andrew a million times but not give any thanks to anyone else who's uploading just as much if not more music than him...
    Jake! It's Android! Do you expect them not to bow?!

For the record, I thanked you for that maudlin of the Well album because it is absolutely amazing.

Now it's my turn.

ZXYZXY-Hansuru

Electronic/Downtempo

Tracklist:

01: Sullen
    02: Kmode
    03: Zhu Di
    04: morgonpromenad
    05: Taisaku
    06: Sullen (Northen Implosion Mix)
    07: Kyomu
    08: SXY
    09: morgonpromenad (Yibbon Remix)
    10: Old and Alone
    11: The World Doesn’t End

Bitrate: 320kbps Mp3
    Total run time: 01:02:15

Download

Ghost Pony/Yakuzai-Split EP

Electronic/Downtempo

Tracklist:

01 Noir
    02 To The Wind
    03 Real
    04 Angry Tales of the Sea
    05 Descending Steam

Bitrate: 192kbps MP3
    Total run time: 23:20

Download

http://www.myspace.com/zxy2

http://pinktofupony.com/

Awesome downtempo musician. Incorporates a lot of acoustic guitar work with his beats. He has released all of his music for free. You can also find some podcasts on his blog.
    Last edited by FourTonMantis; June 27th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FourTonMantis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^
    It's legit, the artist put it up there after itunes fucked him over - it's a shame since its really a great album too. Give it a DL'ed

Thanks
    The movement seems slow...I mean the effects seem slower on the movie than the show. :/ And some of the cast they picked...They better be good.
    You can visit me at my new blog Musings & Quips of an Artist

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a
    Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanakris View Post
    The movement seems slow...I mean the effects seem slower on the movie than the show. :/ And some of the cast they picked...They better be good.
    ...?

I think you were aiming at the wrong thread...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    thanks android, all the music you linked is stuff i love.

www.di.fm
    www.sky.fm
    i use these sites. mainly for my music fix.

also i've been getting into Venetian Snares and The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation recently. ;]

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattGamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not a fan of opera type music, but Elin Carlson is a god, and obey her I must. Here's a list of downloadable music pieces from her webpage: http://www.elincarlson.com/sounds.html The song titled Blood+ is about as epic as music gets. It is used also in this fanmade video of the sci-fi short anime "Magnetic Rose": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdugXnAffU

Juno Reactor is another god. The man in charge, Ben Watkins, mixes electronic, orchestral and global music and the results are often very inspirational. The fan remixes in Juno Reactor's website http://www.reactorleak.com/ are downloadable without charge.

Thanks
    Jupiter Sunrise

http://www.purevolume.com/jupitersunrise

Don't know if anyone knows about these guys. But I am proud of them as two of them are from upstate NY and I used to train with them in kung fu ;P My fav among the tracks is Steal Me. Right now they are pretty popular in the indie scene in cali but i doubt most main streamers have heard of them.

-TeT-
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tetsuo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My favorite crust band Skitsystem offer all of their material for free at http://www.skitsystem.net/ It's an absolute must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQZVQGtbo0

My sketchbook is bigger than yours.
    (not really)

Cool people you might want to check out:

Dy.laneA

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Crass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    Thanks for the links everyone.

When it comes to free music I listen to a lot of demoscene soundtracks.
    Here's a website where they created albums with compilation of the best ones from different demos. It's all electronic music free for download.

http://www.demovibes.org/dv_info.htm

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think someone else posted the original link but if anyone likes to hear some remixed ol' school game music...

Overclocked Remix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    lotus drops is pretty great, thanks for the suggestion.
    I'll be playing this at work tomorrow, been looking for nice music for the morning before i start blaring butt-rock from the 80's.

Thanks
    I feel the urge to tell about an swedish artist that is named Ulf Söderberg, I'am afraid he's music is not free so I can not give any links for download but I know that there are "sound-previews" of some of his work on YouTube so it is possible to get a feel on what he makes. It is in my opinion very inspirational tunes.

I'am posting here an YouTube link to one of he's Tunes and it's not belived to be illegal, if so please remove it or notify me.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8J2e...layer_embedded

Thanks
    Okay, if you feel like putting a bullet through your head, then don't pull the trigger. Instead download every single track SKITSYSTEM ever made. It's waay better.

SKITSYSTEM were there when Grindcore began and they still hold up. Good stuff if you like this kind of music. An excellent Soundtrack when you want to paint war sceneries and so on.

http://www.skitsystem.net/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    here's a couple more i am in love with and am enjoying atm. :]

Free SOMAFM internet radio pulls through again:
    http://somafm.com/
    the yummy DroneZone and Secret Agent stations are my fav. ;]

Flying Lotus i just adore for his sample beat mastery and simple
    yet innovative tunes. like cheese melted on a baked potato. mhmm
    www.myspace.com/flyinglotus
    http://www.flying-lotus.com/destroy/ - "Los Angeles" sample the album.

and of coarse THE GLITCH MOB:
    www.myspace.com/theglitchmob
    been non-stop listening to their tunes for a week now. ;] yummy!

Thanks
    Gotta post a link to "Dungen" a swedish band that i understand is big in the US? psychadelic 70's rock with folkmusic influences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IloFm...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4d8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtIYhSmxyqk

Thought I'd post some Captain Beefheart links, but then I did'nt know what to post.. I dunno if everyone knows about the man, but if not he has been a big influence to modern music, I heard that Tom Waits has said that he opened up somewhat of a new world for him as he heard his music.. He whent from blues rock to the deepest exploration of beats, harmonies and poetry in the late 60's and well into the 80's. Many people would regard his stuff as weird crap, but you really do need to listen to it for a little while to get it. I started listening to him because I thaught he's a great man, he knows what its about, so I descided to take the time to get into it and now I really am! so yeah if that somehow makes you interested, check him out... oh what the hell heres a few links, (far-outdness increasing vertically)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSPf...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7wC...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17cr_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6iTrXRDTU

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...isc=1&track=27

closing with desert sessions, a bunch of musicians from different bands creating an album together over a few days in a house in the desert. 10 10-inch vinyls so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nygayt14inM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttm8V...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913ua...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9uMv...eature=related

46. The Following User Says Thank You to gunnarsson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    just had to post this, some childhood nostagia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkmuyGSQU4

48. The Following User Says Thank You to gunnarsson For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast