Thanks

I a big fan of the cartoon. One the best cartoons created in my opinion. I hope that M. Night does it justice. I have to say that the effects will at least be well done.
    Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Keep on hoping. The last half-decent thing Shyamalan made was Signs, that was 7 years ago. (Though I didn't mind The Village, it was naff but I enjoyed it)

Still who'd be incompetent enough to ruin Avatar, practically all the heavy lifting has been done for them?
    My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    I too, really liked the cartoon, it took me by surprise cause when I first saw it I thought it was gonna be another lame attempt at america ripping off anime. The preview looks promising imo, still there's many ways that it could go wrong
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Looks great, for the trailer. My one and only gripe, and it might be a silly one, is that there are NO asian actors for the main characters. Avatars whole world was built and based on asian culture, yet none of the main characters that I read about thus far - including the actor playing the Shaolin Monk'ish Ang character is asian. Other than that, I can only hope this movie rocks.

Thanks
    like all his other movies there will be a shocker, but unlike those movies the big shock will happen in the begining when you realize the asian characters are all WHITE!

Thanks
    Aang I think is definitely asian but I think the water tribe d00dz seem more inuit than anything. Regardless, if it's a good flick I don't think we'll notice

So long as Shymalan doesn't try to make the movie "better"

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Inuits are considered asiatic peoples.

This is going to suck probably. The effects are kind of not really great and the costumes look stupid from what I've seen so far. 90% chance of fail.

Thanks
    Awwww well, I'm excited to see it! I hope it won't be horrid, but since seeing that tease of a trailer, I'm feeling too crazy about it to be doubtful! ...How odd of me. o_O

Thanks
    Already love the cartoon, i hope tat it will be a great movie, the trailer looks realy good ( at least there are amazing cg ) but i hope that the story will be good too ! Anyway, i'm looking froward to watch it !

Thanks
    I was almost a little on the fence about a movie being made, but then I saw those Fire Nation ships. Damn.

Thanks
    I'm a huge fan of the original animation, so I'm hoping the movie does it justice. I could see it going very wrong, very fast but we'll see what happens. I think I'll be content if it's not another "Dragonball: Evolution".
    "Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Not sure what the story will be. Obviously you cant abridge the story into two hours. Trailer looks alright but I'm not taking a stand until I see how they handle Appa. As for Shamalan....What a twist!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookswords View Post
    Not sure what the story will be. Obviously you cant abridge the story into two hours. Trailer looks alright but I'm not taking a stand until I see how they handle Appa. As for Shamalan....What a twist!
    From what I hear, they're making it a trilogy, which will be good if it turns out that the first is good and/or the following sequels don't get progressively worse

It's good that they're spacing it out tho, when movie companies try to turn shows, games, comics, or book series into movies it seems like they often make the mistake of trying to fit a lot of key content into the movie at once. The benefit of working with series, comics, games, etc. is they can spend weeks, months, even years developing plot and characters, everything gets revealed at a much more steady pace and they can generally take as long as they need whereas most movies fit somewhere in around the hour and a half-2 hour mark maximum. They try to cram everything together, they get rid of some stuff for time and budget constraints, and they keep some more memorable things almost purely for fan appeal and in the end you're left with a shoddy muddled piece of work that everyone rolls their eyes at

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    here is my view. The original story for each series are set, the look and feel are already there. Even dialog and full scripts where there for the episodes. Kagemusha was right in saying all the "heavylifting" has been done for them. ILM is on the vfx so that has to be right surely. The points where things can go wrong are in what is going to be chosen to be in the movies and what will be left out. I just hope there are no shortcuts taken in the storyline where character development is involved. Asian actors i thought should have been a must. I was hoping for a heavily multi-cultural cast tbh so we can still remain hopeful. I'm going to be stoked to see it still and no matter what I'll still keep rewatching the series! Everything about it was right and M Knight is an ass if he messes around with something that has already worked!

Thanks
    I thought I was in the other more recent Avatar thread, but no matter...

I'm not seeing the movie. We were discussing it in a couple of other threads, one pre-release about the 'racebending' of the cast and the poor casting, and in another post-release thread where opinions were posted and seems like people were generally not happy with it. A few hilarious vids of fans reactions were posted too.

Anyway, whichever way you felt about it...I hear there be sequels. *sigh*

Thanks
    Is it me, or did this movie COMPLETELY RIP OFF Zack Snyder's camera style from 300 where the camera pans after the actor who is fighting, with frequent sudden close-ups during hits?
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepulverture View Post
    Is it me, or did this movie COMPLETELY RIP OFF Zack Snyder's camera style from 300 where the camera pans after the actor who is fighting, with frequent sudden close-ups during hits?
    There were fight scenes? Looked like Gay Haduoken to me.

http://www.moviefill.com/Preview-of-...-VIDEOS-21947/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    There were fight scenes? Looked like Gay Haduoken to me.

http://www.moviefill.com/Preview-of-...-VIDEOS-21947/
    Well I never actually said fight scene... They did fight, but that doesn't mean it was good!

It's kind of like that skinny sickly kid who is the new kid at school, and tries to fight the school yard bully but gets his ass kicked because his "fighting" is actually just awkward flopping movements.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"