Sketchbook: My Quest for Improvement - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I cannot wait to see more from you. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you on dA (now that you mention having an account there...)

Your stuff is awesome. Your style is vivid, your gestures are fluid and great stuff. I notice that SOME of yer gesture stuff IS a bit stiff, but then it corrects itself in later stuff haha, so its probably corrected itself :3.

I LOVE how you paint though. I love that "build up on it" method... but I suck entirely at photoshop haha.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank god, finally page two. The length of the first page was getting pretty ridiculous.

AustenFM,
    Indeed, but more than anything I wish I would've realized that I can't improve by just "doing", but that I needed to analyze, interpret and actually "study" stuff in order to improve my own understanding. I suppose this applies to most anything, but I can only now in hindsight see it as nothing more than childish ignorance. Important thing is that I understand this now, I suppose.

And thank you, keep up the good work.

Dr.Blindsy,
    Correct, I do have a DA site for the times someone want to have a look at my work, it's a bit more accessible and user-friendly than these forums, of which I use for nothing else than hopefully getting some good feedback. I Also have a Daportfolio up, but mostly made it for fun.

Yes, I'm still at a stage where sometimes I can construct a good figure, and sometimes it doesn't work. My understanding isn't quite there yet, but soon enough.

That process is mostly inspired by some of the very abstract paintings methods applied with the Alchemy software, but a bit more controlled (it's all done in PS, starting the painting with with a no opacity brush and working out some of the base values and shapes). If nothing else it allows me to work with shapes I otherwise probably wouldn't have come up on my own, as well as learning through forming those new shapes. Good stuff.

Today marks the end of the introductory week of College, and my god did they pull one on us. We had a lecture on "The state of the Gaming Business", (all of the other programs had a similar lecture as well) and the lecturer started to talk about how the market is moving away from the classic genres like FPS, RPG, RTS and so forth, and increasingly wants games that have nature as a theme, as well as animals, fashion and FOREST MANAGEMENT. By recent statistics (pulling one of the many he presented to us) males interest in FASHION themed games has increased by a wooping 78%!

Of course, all of this was a bit hard to swallow, luckily some of the third years came in to interrupt our agony, and took us all for a walk around the city, we were about 700 so we made some very nice car piles along the way.

Proves that you can't trust teachers.

Last edited by Dhex; August 29th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey folks, been a while. These past few months has been a toll on me, but in a good way. The initial courses has finally ended, for which I am quite grateful since they pretty much ate all my free time for doing art-stuff, it made me a sad panda.

Well, the engines has started turning again, and Iím back to my 24/7 artiní. Iíll be posting some of the assignments for school, since thatís what mostly Iíve been doing art-wise, but thereís some studies in there as well (excluding the sketches from my real-life sessions, I canít be arsed to scan those )

If you got any CC, feel free to lay it on me.

My Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for ImprovementMy Quest for Improvement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lo, comin' here with some updates on the character assignment, the model sheets are done and I'm working on an illustration to get a better feel for the character, which I can note has now become the most complex painting I have ever done, mainly because I'm trying to use techniques that doesn't rely on any or very little lineart, something I myself are rather uncomfortable with, but I need to since this kind of approach is a real time saver. I will need that if I ever end up working as a concept artist.

Well, let me know what you think.

My Quest for Improvement
    My Quest for Improvement
    My Quest for Improvement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just...wow
    great sketchbook.
    And so many different style.
    keep doing more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hard working! Awesome grayscale work, muchos inspiring thank you!

We learn in life so we can live in dreams

My Sketchbook!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ousehold-pests

My blog:
    http://scouttsart.blogspot.com/

My illustrated story blog:
    http://thehowlertales.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.