Newborn the Birth of...

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Newborn the Birth of...

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn the Birth of...

Dunno which to tackle first but definately liking all three a first for me.
    edit: added sketches.
    Just realised I didn't explain.

Okay genie's birth. The creation of a Genie has to do with ancient arabian magic dating back to Djinn and all that malarky. Anyway there are rituals and all that summoning, fire blood that sort of thing. So when you summon an entity in this case Genie girl you are creating a brand new genie. A special one all made for you in that instant and linked to you or in some cases your specific task.

Fairy: Well i like small things. But the idea of small flying things that I didn't swat away looked nice in my head. No one has ever told me how fairies come into being I was thinking maybe like thumbelina. There has to be a flower morning dew connection. So that's how I got this

Vampires are always cool. All that accumilated knowledge and the concept of a vampires birth. The last breath of humanity and te first breath of a vampire. Or lack there of depending on which mythology you choose. In her case she was a good catholic girl and then came lover boy. Yep it's always the handsome stranger. He made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by buffichar; June 24th, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: sketches added
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

colour one

This wasn't necessarily the first pass but if i didn't do this I would just trail off till I got to the end.

Vampire: I'm doing references of Gothic designs tombstones that sort of thing

Genie: I'm doing more research on scripts and Arabic mythology on magic

Fairy: Flowers flowers flowers. You have no Idea what I went through for that thing. A rose by any other name. Yada yada yada. But i do love it. The background was hard but I decided to do it. I like having my characters free standing.easier to cut and past later if I wanted to But she begged me to put her in the forest and I caved.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More more more

Genie: Took off the smoke to concentrate on her form. I liked the golden touch. She is elemental after all.

Fairy: Added wings. You can't quite be a fairy without them. Resourced my hand is cramped

Vampire: Found a a few images i liked and a lot i didn't. Anyway added gothic design elements to the building. I'm thinking inside church/ rectory/ crypt feel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Buffichar - thanks for your comment on my post on the CHOW thread!
    I think you have some really good ideas coming, my favourite is the vampire. I especially love the sinister red light and the interior I think you're going to put her in, it's really hard to do IMO but I guess once you tackled it, it'd look really stunning.
    looking forward to see your next posting

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kayness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,458 Times in 3,669 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the first two, both could be very decorative.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have not uploaded because I'm in-between posts. Reworking the wings on fairy and the smoke on genie and....the background of vampire. I don't want it cluttered and I think i'll be done soon. I'm loving it but there has to be a point where I let it breathe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Its finished

The Genie, The fairy and the vampire are done now. More gothic elements and changed the wings on the fairy. Also had a more subtle effect with the arabic incantation which is at the start of the smoke if you look closely. It's there trust me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.