Project : NEWBORN FINAL
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project : NEWBORN FINAL

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still. Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Project : NEWBORN FINAL

Okay, here is my final entry, and big thanks to you guys for ya comments you helped alot

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AhChu; July 30th, 2009 at 06:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still. Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty then, gotta get into the mix...So one of the first ideas that came to mind after stumbling through ideas about nano technology I came up with a freaky image in my mind of a large particle accelerator being tested and the birth of a blackhole inside the lab in its early stages of tearing the place apart. phew...trying to thumb my mental image has been harder than I first though....but making some progress slowly..but progress is still progress...and being my first proper environment painting things are going to get interesting let the chaos unfold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First lot of thumbs, trying to feel things out...there will more props in the pics, just trying to get a decent angle....will hopefully a widescreen image..gotta double check entry specs in case

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice idea with a lot of potential.

For the science: A black hole cant be seen, it sucks everything in, even the light. But it also affect the light that comes from behin it. So the direct are around the black "corona" is kind of deformed, like a twist filter.

Just wanted to say that ^^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vaejoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers Vaejoun for the info, yea I got some studying up to do, plus working out how I'm going to show the black hole visually, so far thinking along the line of like tornado...you can only see them by the debris they pick up.

Just re-watched Whits environment download, where he does a interior based on a sketchup model, so im going to have a go at that and here is a little quickly just playing around with the programme...looks promising. gotta go tutorial hunt and research some more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting concept waiting for more though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a speed paint of just working out some design elements, perspective is of skew, but will be changing the angle for my final, going to start roughing up my final for my next piece now that ive decided on the shot angle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    effects test

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just having another play with differ containment devices

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your concept, that's what people thought it was going to happen with the Large Hadron collider.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thats a very good idea!

But i must tell you, there is nothing less exciting looking at some empty laboratory with a black hole in the middle.
    try to add some story, drama or action here. Maybe some accident, some dead scientist or the black hole is eating up the whole universe. Try to find something interesting.

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looks complicated, but I'm sure you know what you're doing and it's not boring.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Leonor Thanks, maybe it was lucky it broke down when they fired the thing up for their proper test :p

Randis Cheers for the crit, the biggest issue i'm finding is the right amount of props, but don't worry there will be scientists being pulled apart and the lab being torn apart
    the plan is for the moment when stuff has just turned to poos on them.

Black Spot Yea it is going to be complicated, but I was after a good test Im breaking it down into stages to help sort out some issues. The main thing is to make it as visually interesting as possible and to get the story told. stay tuned for more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last week was a bit hectic work wise, so back on the band wagon again, here is what I have been playing around with at mo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa! That's beginning to look awesome.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the level of destruction you show in your last post where even the machine that created the hole is being eaten along with everyting else. more lightning would be great, and some people getting sucked in but holding on for their lives.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BlackSpot Thanks so much, cant tell you how many times now i've thought...hmmm purhaps i've bitten off more than I can chew hope you like the new update

Miycko cheers for the crit, major lighting still to be worked out, but ive started adding people with this new update..more props will be thrown in..like chairs...paper..etc.

Here is the update, Ive got to relay the floor with correct perspective, just been playing around trying to find something that is interesting and fits in..i know its messy I will be fixing...got some more people to add. Ives also smoked out the background, I tried different images of things behind it but I don't wont it to pull away from the main attraction. anyways Ill stop blubbering and get on with it :0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh and her is the colour palette i'm thinking of working with, got to check it at work tomorrow, im sure my monitor displays way to bright.....anyways on with the show

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you think about the perspective, the black hole will already be distorting it. The texture is coming on well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    long time no post, well hopfully the crazy late nights are over at work for abit now, so here is my progress so far, starting to tidy up some of the textures and refining, still got extra debri to add in, but since it is in the foreground shall leave it til I finish cleaning the main stuff up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I think my arm is about to fall off, but everything seems to be going on track, and just having fun playing and trying some new ideas.....like smoke not 100% sold on the idea, but it does help add some extra movement to the image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    might have to play with the guys expression abit more, the more I look at it, it seems this is almost an everyday occurrence to him..time to go pull some silly faces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pose of the workers could be better. They are standing as if noting were. But there should be a lot of pressure sucking them to the hole.

Try leaning them over, holding the cap (or loosing it) or let people fly through the room. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually think your foreground guy is distracting from the image. Before you got a really nice sense of scale, and the effect of the black hole was overwhelming. But having a guy, who is looking right at the camera seems to have taken away from that. I also agree about the pose- the guy getting sucked in looks cool, but the guy on the left isn't all that far away from him and yet doesn't seem affected. I really love your lightning and the purple blackness of the hole and the swirling effects. I think you could put more detail around the empty spaces on top, like wires being pulled in and stuff. Great work though, can't wait to see the final!

Dorkthrone is offline The skyline was beautiful on fire. Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the black hole, but I would make the poses of the figures look more dynamic as if this weren't an everyday occurence.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i would spend some more time on the people, work out some better poses.
    The guy in the front does not make too much sense to me. Pointing at the black hole with a finger as if the viewer would not see it, thats a bit too much IMO.
    I would rather expect him to run or look really shocked. Right now the guy is wining, the expression would rather fit a young child, mama look, he stole my toy.
    The other thing is that i can not make out the room, all i see is the floor, but no walls. Also i see no equipment, computers, desks or chairs...
    The floor tiles have a wrong scaling, the pattern is very common but it is never that large.
    Hope it helps, good luck with the progress!
    cheers

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome, cheers for the crits, keep em rolling, anything to pimp my image out

Vaejoun yea, I can't believe I really noticed it that before, thanks man

Thinmint Cheers man, yea I think having a main weakness so big was a big mistake, still learning characters, think I will follow your advice and wipe him out and replace him with other guys being thrown about thanks heaps

Ninjacat11 thanks for stopping on by, will start reworking it tomorrow so stay tuned for the new update

Randis Hey man, cheers for the return visit, yup I see what ya mean, Im going to remake the floor tile brush I really rushed it for this so I could work on other parts of the image. cheers for the tips and it helps heaps

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely work! I agree with previous comments, particularly the people. What would you do if you see a black hole sucking up your world? I'd probably be rooted at the spot not knowing what exactly happened for a bit, then if I have the time to overcome the shock, I'd probably be scrambling to get away even though I logically know I'd be getting nowhere. The people in the image are behaving a bit weirdly because they seem to know what's happening, yet it's more of a face palm reaction rather than "OMFG we are all dead!"

It'd be pretty cool/funny if the guy in the foreground is elongated and about to be sucked in or something - he can point to the black hole in a whole different way. That or just get rid of the guy - I love your cool machinery and would rather see it than some dude.

If you are playing around with bending stuff, try liquify and a high strength smudge tool Can't wait to see how this piece evolve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, this is how things have come along so far...man still got refining to do, but looking good. been a hard slog though. At least I know to plan better for my next piece that I ever do. Nearly there and just tidying and refining now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanna say a big thanks for everyone's input, was a great step for my first intro into environments, been a great time and looking forward to the next one :0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.