Thread: Photoshop only?

Thanks

Photoshop only?

I am brand new to this site. I was wondering if this is a PS site only or if painted artwork is allowed? (sp sorry)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    any medium is allowed. hello and welcome to CA.
    i am removed

Thanks
    Thank you.. did you check out my pic??
    I need opinons.. (sp) lol!!http://cryter.250free.com/PA280017.JPG

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 254 Posts
    This is based at people in, or interseted in the game/movie industry, aswell as fantasy illustrators and what not.

The piece you just showed me makes me believe you are at the wrong fprum.

Has nothing to do with the medium you used, but the subject and style of the piece is something that most of the users here aren't interested in and can crit honestly.

Thanks
    As much as I love this forum, I tend to feel out of place posting my art as well. Any sugestions for another art forum less focused on the game/movie industry? :confused:
    I'll be whatever I wanna do!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey Cryter and Girafe, you guys might be interested in somewhere like http://christo.wwar.com/cgi-bin/artsforum/discus.cgi . It is a fine art forum that posts abstract or "expression art" or just old fine art. Like Davi said, here there is more emphasis and interest on making a clear connection between the artist and the audience. This is a sci-fi, fantasy haven with pieces focused on trying to display skill and a great creative concept.

Thanks
    This forum seems a lot more friendly and open than that one, rockhead.... Any other sugestions?

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Well, hmmm....

I have an art forum that few visit. Actually, people do visit it, but for the hosted forums related to Nuon Technology. Oh well..

A little about me (since I seem to be the only artist to post on my forums).

I've recieved training as a graphic designer (not web designer). However, the school I attended also required a foundation year of fine arts. I was one of only two people in my school year to earn an A+ for a Modern Art History term paper, and I have gained a good amount of experience through critiques of my own art by my Instructors. Basically, I'm an A+ conceptual artist with B+ technical skills, heh.

Google lists my site first if people search for fine art forums, and yet there appear to be few Fine Artists with the ability to post their work. Scale is probably an issue. I know it is for me.

Regards,
    Chile
    P.S.
    Ironically, given this topic, I have an interview next monday morning with an award winning Game Development company. However, I have wanted, for the last two years, to work in the games industry and then paint and draw on the weekends. Maybe I will get what I want, maybe not.

Thanks
    Chile, I'm not trying to be offensive or anything but what does your reply have to do with anything? In response to your response, every art school that I have heard of also requires at least a year in "fine arts" (referring to basics) and a year and a half in art history, mine did at least. I don't understand how that makes you an A+ conceptual designer? Maybe I am just misunderstanding your post. And I don't think that your lack of posts is due to fine artists having large format pieces. I know many fine artists who have no trouble at all posting their work on the web. Most use cameras to take digital pictures of larger pieces. A perfect example of a large body of these artists is at www.artrenewal.com . You might want to check your google search too, I couldn't find your site using it.

Thanks
    No offense taken, and none intended with what I write below:

The ARC is intentionally anti-Modern Art. That's the whole point of the ARC- to revert everyone back to little academic artist drones.

So, while the ARC serves a community of artists with great technical skill and knowledge, everything written by them refutes the purpose of Modern Art.

I often peruse through their articles. I've had a link to them from my site for over two years. I respect their opinions to an extent. But, to send a Modern Artist to them is akin to sending a lamb to the wolves.

Thanks
    No offence, but I think you're giving yourself too much credit, Chile. (And I couldn't find your site, either.)

I'm still looking for more forums if anyone has any sugestions.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Just follow the www underneath my posts.

Another place you could try is

http://dart.fine-art.com/community.asp

Thanks
    I agree with GirafeenFeu, I think you are giving yourself way too much credit. And what is that comment about the traditionalists being "little academic artist drones" Are you kidding? I find a lot more expression, concept, and individuality in their work than any of your so called "Modern Artists." The term modern art itself is now archaic because modern art is no longer "modern art." This site is proof alone of that. I also think you are using the terms modern art and fine art synonymously which is incorrect.

Thanks
    I don't entirely disagree with the values that organizations such as the ARC uphold. But, I do disagree with their bias against everything post 18th century. And, in the context of what was originally asked in this topic, with the sample artwork evaluated, I thought it would make more sense to point the inquirer to places where his/her work would be welcomed, and given a fair critique.

Thanks
    I beg your pardon, but how would someone crit a painting like yours? I mean, its an abstact thing. Its not like we can say you need to work on proportion or color theroy, etc.. Its just.... there.
    Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Well, I think that a lot of us really don't understand abstract art. I know I don't. I don't know the first thing about it. But, others that know how to make it and what is good could crit it. Or maybe you can't, and we just don't appreciate it as much. And thats why another forum would be more suitable for him/her.