Results 1 to 6 of 6
June 21st, 2009 #1
Newborn - Trolls have stolen my inspiration, here to take it back.
I'm currently in Norway hunting trolls.. rumor has it their king lives somewhere in Oslos artmuseums.. So far I found one, he didn't have the key to my inspiration, though I managed to get fragments and a hint of where it's hidden.
Fragments will be up later.. as I have more museums to hunt down.
"let's go hunt some orch"
(Metaphoric, really.. I like to give problems an identity. It's more fun.. on a sidenote, Started sketching today and will try to post them up soon. cheers! -
Yes, I really am in Oslo stalking the museums.. havn't felt this much inspired and alive since I got my first boner)
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJune 21st, 2009 #2
Sounds appropriate. I actually got my first boner IN a museum...
No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary
Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:
June 21st, 2009 #3
June 22nd, 2009 #4
June 22nd, 2009 #5
Ilaekae - Oh man.. you have no idea..
Black Spot - Neither do I actually, haha mummies! good one. Eww..
Sinnerman - I was refering to an erection, but hahaha, damn the connection with bones.. didn't get it until now museum = bones.. boner.. lol
Thanks for a nice discussion in here allready Keeps me motivated. Instead of showing some sketches.. I'll lay down my ideas instead. The problem with having an imagination is that it sounds good in your own mind untill you actually start drawing it. Then it's living hell. Anyway.. Have 6 visions so far.
I'll save the ingoing description of each idea until I have some material to present.
1. The first idea I want to present is based on symbols spirituality. How we are being deceived and manipulated into not thinking for our selves, just check all the propaganda in media, and all the bullshit that's out there. WE are like a blind flock of sheep, foolishly following the herd.
At the same time our inner deeper self, our soul, our greater identity, the source of our intuition etc. is constantly trying to teach our ego to see clearly.
With this piece I am trying to capture the moment where a person reaches a higher level of awareness by listening to his deeper self. Thus "into life", this higher awareness can be compared to as breathing, or being able to see for the first time.
2. My second idea is loosely the same thing, but executed in a different way. I have a very symmetric piece in mind, weighing heavy on numerical symbolism and spirituality. In contrast to the abstract and asymmetrical nature of the first piece.
3. Less spirituality, yet more symbolism. Here I want to embrace dreams as a source of all creation. The human mind is immense and, to me, so complex and fascinating no matter how much I try to understand it I can't grasp it. The sole fact that we can create stunning works of art from within says it all. And that is what we do when we dream, we bring something into the world.
I want to illustrate the joy of reading a book as a child, being the hero and living the entire story. Something that's growing increasingly rare these days with all the TV exposure today's kids have.
4. In contrast to the 'good' dream we all have experienced Nightmares I presume. Again a contrast.. from order - chaos. Asymmetry - symmetry. etc. I've always been fascinated by dreams and their symbolism from a young age.. here I want to illustrate that our mind is not only capable of giving life to greatest pleasure imaginable, but also has the key to our deepest fears. And that these visions can be just as real as the world as we see it, and have just as great impact upon us.
5. I love dragons, and I just had a basic idea in mind, no heavy symbolism or deeper complex structures. Just a great dragon giving life to something.. maybe my take on one of the myths explaining how the world came to be. Ooh.. dragons
6. A very personal piece, the first idea that came into mind. I met a person not so long ago who really "gave" me life. My world has changed completely since I met her, and with this piece I want to illustrate the impact a loved one can have on our lives, how love has the power to change everything. A piece embracing love.
right.. ideas ideas.. less talk, more work eh? I don't have access to my tablet so I'll be sketching a lot instead. Hopefully I'll be able to finish more than one of these ideas, but I have very little time, and even though deadlines is set at july 31, it leaves me 4 days of rendering only. So wiie.. I love challenges
good luck to all, do what you love and love what you do!
July 2nd, 2009 #6
Here's some crappy sketches of my newborn nightmare. In-detail explanation coming tommorow, gotta get up in 2 hours and get to work.. fuck.
Mobilephone pictures.. this is the best I could do with editing. Hopefully you can see which concept im bringin further and the details i've rendered out.