Thanks

Where will you take your artistic talents?

Some of us will work in Movies, Some of us will work as Fine Artists, Some of us will work in Games and Some of us will work in Advertising.

I really want to work in games because I've loved games since i knew what they were and I want to make FPS games like Deus Ex or Doom or work for a company like Blizzard Drawing elves and orcs.

In a sentence or 2 what would be your ultimate project and why?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Where will we take it? Lol, lots of people here are already there. I'm happy where I'm at, making concept art for Netdevil and learning the ins and outs of this little niche of the industry. I'm slowly working on my own projects as well; it would be cool to see one of those other projects blossom into something that I feel I can let loose on the world, we'll see.

Thanks
    Once I get competent enough at art, I'll be working on my graphic novel project. About 60 chapters, 3 books and about 5 years to finish.

Should be fun.
    "Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DazDaryl View Post
    Some of us will work in Movies, Some of us will work as Fine Artists, Some of us will work in Games and Some of us will work in Advertising.

I really want to work in games because I've loved games since i knew what they were and I want to make FPS games like Deus Ex or Doom or work for a company like Blizzard Drawing elves and orcs.

In a sentence or 2 what would be your ultimate project and why?
    I think the better question is, where can your art take you?

No but seriously, I would love to do the same thing and create some amazing artwork for games, but I'm just not cut out for it. We've had several threads emphasizing how demanding that part of the industry is, about crunch times long hours etc. and i dont think I could hang with that. My parents have always wanted me to be an engineer and I was hoping on finding a good job that could involve both, but that doesn't really leave a wide selection. I may end up getting into architecture, but I'm pretty sure pay isn't too great for that unless i design something fricken amazing.

I'll have time to decide in college.

Thanks
    I really hope to be working on illustration & graphic novels.
    The work of Ana Miralles is enchanting...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuartyi View Post
    Once I get competent enough at art, I'll be working on my graphic novel project. About 60 chapters, 3 books and about 5 years to finish.

Should be fun.
    No reason not to start now. Graphic Novels take a lot of storywork before you even start making thumbnails. Thumbnails are not so much about being able to draw realistically, so as long as you have a decent handle on compositional placement you can do it. And luckilly, as long as you stay simple with the thumbs, you can swap them out for better ideas as your ability progresses. By the time you feel that you are artistically ready to go in and do the fun fancy looking stuff you'll have the meat of it already figured out, and the longer it takes you to get to that point, the more thought out the initial stages of the Graphic Novel will be.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    Where?

Out of my current job, and into a career where I can let loose the beast that is my creativity!

OH YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Kobrin View Post
    All the way to the bank... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    No reason not to start now. Graphic Novels take a lot of storywork before you even start making thumbnails. Thumbnails are not so much about being able to draw realistically, so as long as you have a decent handle on compositional placement you can do it. And luckilly, as long as you stay simple with the thumbs, you can swap them out for better ideas as your ability progresses. By the time you feel that you are artistically ready to go in and do the fun fancy looking stuff you'll have the meat of it already figured out, and the longer it takes you to get to that point, the more thought out the initial stages of the Graphic Novel will be.
    What I meant was start drawing and producing the comic. I'm already working on the plot and script, and I just finalized the last bit of my major plot points a few weeks ago. Once I can get people to look like people in my drawings I'm going to start working on thumbnails. So far it's been six years of story planning and major fixes to get to the point it's at now.

Didn't want to derail the thread, but I just wanted to make it a bit clearer. Thanks for the concern though. Was just about to work on more chapter fleshing out.
    "Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 747 Posts
    Any time I can sit at a desk and draw all day and make a living, I'm happy.

That is a considerably scaled-down version of the original ambition.
    I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh man, I have ideas! I am just very grateful for what I have done thus far and where I am now. I draw and paint stuff and wish to do more of it.
    Last edited by Mebiusu; June 23rd, 2009 at 12:01 AM.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I'm going to die working on some piece of art. Nothin' else matters...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I want to draw well enough to illustrate the arse-kicking wonderful stories I will write. I also want to write well enough to justify the arse-kicking wonderful pictures I will draw.

(If you want to know my ultimate dream job, it would be annoying the heck out of the animation team making the movie of one of the arse-kicking wonderful stories I wrote, based on the arse-kicking wonderful pictures I drew.)
    -----
    - Brightdreamer
    Go find something flat, and scribble on it. People have been doing that for tens of thousands of years, and it's mostly been ok.
    - from The Daily Humorscope
    Brightdreamer's Sketchbook - Brightdreamer's Book Reviews (blog)

Thanks
    Just wanna be a concept artist ! I hope that someday i'll be good enough to work for massive black ! Finger crossed !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    I think my next area of focus will be lighting and characters. i've been hammering on environments for awhile now, which i will continue with, but characters and lighting will be my focus on the sideline.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Once I can get people to look like people in my drawings I'm going to start working on thumbnails.
    I think its a bit easier to get your drawings to look like people, rather than getting people to look like your drawings... not everyone is that eager to jump for the plastic surgery

Thanks
    Thanked 5,794 Times in 1,166 Posts
    I would first like an art degree with my biology degree, and maybe then try and combine it and do things for biology books or similair.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Once I get competent enough at art, I'll be working on my graphic novel project.
    I want to finish my graphic novel too!

I also love games and animation so after my personal project is done I might consider concept art too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    I would eventually like to do some really awesome, highly artistic entertainment projects and employ and work with a bunch of people that I really respect and admire, and just make some really kick ass shit.

Thanks
    I'm taking my artistic talents with me out of my comfort zone, it seems. Lately I've been doing a lot more to actually get closer to the dreams I've had for so long. Even my moping about my age is getting a nice fat kick from my determination right now.

So! Off to art school to integrate two disciplines! Whoo hoo!

Thanks
    create my own graphic novel!

Thanks
    World class architect, of course!

Aside from buildings, it would be awesome to help in the design of film/game environments, as well as drink coffee and paint in my garden in the mornings.

Best of luck to us all! CA definitely has the most talent around... it's crazy to think where everyone will be in 10 or 15 years. Absurd.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    If I had choose something very specific then it would be environment concept artist. I try not to be closed to any other possibilities though. Besides... I get bored when I do one thing all the time. It would be perfect if I could free my experimental spirit .