Sketchbook: Keep-Going SKETCHBOOK - Updated on 3rd March - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nisshoku - YESS~ definitely; and i love cA too!!

GweNdZ - got it man! thanks!! i did make the waist a bit more full this time;

Pixie Trick - Thanks man!! We redid the hairstyle a bit, but we want to make it a bee-home of some sort, so it'll still be big ^^"
    It still has a loooong way to go till it's good to go though! And we have some ideas, we just gotta apply them

About the studies, they are both from life, and photos. The later one are from life, the traditional ones. I just LOVE looking at glass, holding it in my had and poking it haha.

Icecold - Waaah man!!! Thank you very much!! The anatomy paint over really helped me sort out some stuff! And i hope it looks more feminine-like this time.
    A self portrait?! I might just start a wip on that!!!
    And thank you very much for the imput on the apple and cherry!!
    You made my day~

elddonnemar - Thank you SOO much for showing me this!! I was a bit sad, not being able to see my hairstyle somehow good proportioned and all on her. You just made me smile!

And i applied what i learned from your paint job to my recent wip. Though i screwed up the left arm angle, thinking about your angle ^^"
    And thank you for considering that the face and the expression is to personal to touch~

whisperss - FINALLY! I still can't believe it that i made you do it! And that you're keeping up with it, WOO HOO
    I can't wait to see where this will go further either!
    Especially seeing all the little details, the brilliant ideas you have come up with in your latest wip (the one from your sb)

Keeviin - You are welcomed!~ And i find it interesting...why did you choose a butterfly? It is quite hard to draw those wings after all
    Thanks for dropping by too!

NoodleDoodle - Well we haven't went to the value part of this yet..still trying to define the overall idea, and to come to a mutual ground haha; thanks for reminding me though! i won't forget!!

theories - thank you very much! they're one of my favourite subjects~ those fruits, and they always make me try out new colour schemes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think i have the speed of a snail when it comes to updating T.T
    I shall try even harder to do this!

Though i am not sure what to do about the images...how can i upload decent-sized images here without having to resize a 4000x3000 canvas in a new folder, witch multiplied by x uses up a bit of space on my pc?

That aside, i was a bit sick lately, doing to much sports and staying to much in the sun made me through up a lot, thus no eat, thus a lot of sleep, thus no desire to live actually;
    Now, i am back to my usual energetic self, and i did a little bit from each to make myself feel good.

I also started on a personal digital wip, witch i think will be part of a bigger thing~ a project~ a 4 seasons project, where my goal will be to get better with my digital kills, while i practice human figures, perspective, details, background, and so on
    The wip i'm talking aobut will be posted last.

Did a deviantART fella speedpainting of about 1h, and a foot bone study. After that, i worked a bit more on the collab with whisperss, and i do realise that the pose of the left arm isn't good for the hand, but i realised this only recently so i didn't change it yet. why? i'm not sure how to draw the back there...

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that looks much better ^^

wow! Your personal WIP looks ! Keep on going, it looks really good ^^

"Artists who seek perfection in everything
    are those who don't achieve it in anything"
    ~Eugene De La Croix

Deviantart~♥~ twitter~♥~ Blog ~♥~ IFX ~♥~ Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^___^ thank you again dear !!
    you didn't modife your personal wip after I sent you my opinion by msn isn't it ? ^^'
    I'm going to work on our collab just after I finish my holiday (big) bag ^^'
    see you !!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm bad in critics !!! (and english :o !) XD

My Sketchbook
    My DeviantArt Page

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whisperss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Cristy! Nyerk. nyerk ^.^

Good to see you posting everey here and a while, i don't know if you've already recieved this kind of tip but try to avoid starting out your painting on eh white canvas, it makes things difficult to pop out. God choice is to lay in some base colours and start working wit the stains, or do the lineart on the neutral 50% grey background and then lay in the basic colours on an overlay, soft or hard light layer. I know that this is completely different from your style, aas you seem to not be the Zombie, baddas bulk orcs and killer dwarves fan ;P

Altho i've learned alot from this video and i bet so will you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8tn6oMcr3Q

(Make sure to watch all the parts and check HQ whenever possible)

I'm still waiting for that selfportrait girl! ^.^'

P.S About resizing Images, i use IrfanView use the image resize/resample tool, and then upload to photobucket or Imageshack.

Last edited by Icecold; August 11th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Icecold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GweNdZ - Thank you dear! Will do

whisperss - I haven't worked on it since then ^^" I'll be sure to change that!! So i take it i can work some more on it?

Icecold - Well i hope i wasn't giving the impression that i start that way, cuzz i always make it a conceptArt-like-colour, or a pale brown, or a desaturated dark green, and so on and so forth
    And about blocking in, that's what i begun doing recently, like in the last wip. Did only a few guide lines for the dress thingy. I found it much faster that way, plus i see things in the scribbly lines, heh

About the vid, you got that right!! :p I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning.
    If you think it'll help, then i'll watch.

And aah ^^" self portrait..right...after i do some more bones hehe.

About the photbucket and resizing thing, i meant...can you not resize them or can you delete them after and still see them on cA or something?

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff Cristina!

Great bone studies, and the bee-girl turned out good!
    The speed paint looks awesome as well, being able to get that sort of information down quickly is a great skill to have! So do more of those!

But at the same time don't be afraid to spend a bit more time on a piece... you want quality and quantity!

Looking good in here Cristina!

Take care,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ( just sent you the collab ^___^ )
    can't wait to see how will be your personal work in 2 weeks (when i will be baaack ) XD !! go to work on it it's an order !!!!
    (I joke .... of course XD )

Sorry, I'm bad in critics !!! (and english :o !) XD

My Sketchbook
    My DeviantArt Page

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whisperss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JailHouseRock2 - Good to hear from you again Matt! How's it bin? And thank you! I'm starting to get the hang of these bones! Shading is coming alone much easier too And i try to not use the eraser at all.

You bet i will!!
    It's starting to get addictive! These speedies.

whisperss - *salute* Ay! Ay mam!! And you bet i'll do a bit on it If i don't leave myself ^^" Have a lovely trip!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did some more bone studies today!
    And they are starting to comme along really fast~ only 10min on each or so. I look at a lot of punctures as i do them, to really understand how they tick. I'm not doing all these angles for nothing, right!!

Also i got a mail from whisperss today with what SHE worked on in the meantime since yesterday.
    So all credits on the bee lady since yesterday go on her!!

I would like to hear what you guys have to say of the angle of that right shoulder -especially the shoulder- and that right arm and hand There seems to be something bugging me, and i am not sure what...it just doesn't seem right!! It's not smooth enough yet!! >_<

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ello'
    Colab's going strong!

Just a quick suggestion: If you can, try and get some reff of bones interacting and working together. This may just help make each bone relevant to each over.

And if you ever need some inspiration or reference, don't forget about all of these!! - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=131117

Bbye for now
    matt

yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JailHouseRock2 - Hey Matt! I am so glad you're visiting more often!! And i do intend to do some lower body-upper body quick, non textured sketches now that i started having drawn a few of these. But i didn't draw them so far blindly! I looked at x-rays, whole human skeleton and different angles while i drew etch and every one of them. Even asked my mom to show me on my own body a few stuff when i wasn't sure~

And thanks for the reminder! Yes, i know that collection, and yet i tend to forget about it ^^".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i worked a bit more on my personal WIP. And HELP!! i changed the idea a lot, that i have no idea what i should do about the background now. Thus, i'm starting to have difficulties with the focal point. ^^'
    And it's right about time to really start working on that skin, the values, the highlight and everything so i'll leave this one be for a couple of days cuzz my eyes got way to used to the mistakes. I can't see them not even when i flip anymore!

So i'd REALLY like to hear what idea you guys have for the background, and what do you think of the proportions of her face and everything.

She should be some sort of a peacock-lady, and like my usual style, i try to make it somehow magical and shiny.

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, i turn my back for a minute, and there you are, IMPROVING!! Nice work overall, i understand if youre not ready to go down the "value-road" yet, its really difficult for me to understand too!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook. I like design and the pose in the last piece. It seems you're a bit unsure about surfaces of the lower part of the body (legs and the skirt). Shooting some reference might help in that.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NoodleDoodle - Hehe , thank you! Jeez, i really hope i am improving! And no..i mean i don't wanna start adding more value to this wip right here because it's not ready yet for that: i still need to get those proportions and anatomy down..

Farvus - Thank you! And actually i am working after a ref, and it's in progress so that's not really the issue here..i'm actually not sure with the upper part, so i didn't start refining the lower one yet.

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wicked awesome update! you use of tints is phenomenal and your anatomy is very nice.

however one the one amazon looking chick, i'd say make her nose a bit bigger it seems to small.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to theories For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! Your so young! You gonna learn so much so fast! Im jelous! Keep up your studying now and think about your colors. pick colrs that harmonice with eachother.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

27. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    theories - Thank you man! I love vibrant-shiny combinations of colours. And oh my god!! You're so right!! the size was one of it's problems too! I'm on it!!

B-Man - Heh, thank you very much! I am glad to be young, and to have all the time in the world to study~
    Ay! Ay! Sir! Will do!! For sure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i though, after all those bone studies, it would be good to do some posemaniacs again. So i too the random generator and drew with no time-limit these two.
    I started this OC of someone's portrait for her, and after finishing the two posemaniacs, worked a bit more on its anatomy and stuff.
    See you tomorrow!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice job so far I love seeing your style coming out.

~Eugene De La Croix

30. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,377 Times in 3,598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You’ve got some really nice stuff here. Love the anatomical bits some of those bones are fantastic. As to your personal WIP, look where the head is meeting the body because it’s not central to her shoulders.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Knock ! Knock! Who's there? I'm the selfportrait, that everyone's so excited to see!

That's right! make one, show it! ^^

About the indian/black lady her face looks abit awkward, i think the problem lays in her nose and the back eye. Anyways it's still a WiP so you will handle it just fine, best wishes!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Icecold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GweNdZ - Thank you dear!! The way you said it~my style coming out~ it made me really happy!!

Black Spot - Hey there, and thanks for the visit! I am glad you like those, and about the wip, you are so right!! Another thing for me to correct, heh

Icecold - Eeer...ok, ok, i'm gonna start it tomorrow >_< After i find a good photo reference or a big mirror I hope you'll be so persistent when i start it too, cuzz i don't think i'll be able to finish it otherwise!
    And thanks! I've bin getting a lot of critique on it here, and in the critique category that i was starting to lose my confidence!

Ok, so todday i though, it's time to take a break and do what i love the most! and that is, shiny stuff, and still life, combining them we get a shiny-gladd bowl o' fruits

I started this after i finished the ideal proportions for the male figure by loomis, and it's only the front!! gah! it'll take me for ever to finish these for the male AND female...i am so picky with the lines >_< i just can't rush it!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great update! colors are coming along great in this last one!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

37. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-Man - Yes, colours are my soft spot~ i gotta get a vivid, shiny combination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far so good, working a bit more on the bowl today. Had a lot of house work so i'll work traditionally on my anatomy some more today if i can.

About the bowl..i changed the bowl type so i was wondering..any background ideas?! i was thinking perhaps a branch? and some leafs?

Last edited by Cristina Zabava; August 17th, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's really coming along well. Blending looks very nice ^w^

~Eugene De La Croix

41. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I've been gone! :/
    I have to say -- I really admire how your style is growing. And your proportions of the female body! I am STILL working on that! Keep it up!

Sketchbook

"Drive faster, boy..."
    The Killers -- Midnight Show

43. The Following User Says Thank You to ohnojenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wonderful progress you're making! Such lovely studies. Gah, I wish my output was half as much as yours...

For the wasp lady, you might want to draw some perspective lines for her shoulders and hips. They don't look quite in sync.

The huntress looks pretty nice so far. Though her nose seems a bit small. As for the background, I think a full jungle foliage with exotic flowers would fit her really well.

Also, love the fruits,especially the grapes! I want to munch on them. But why did you change the bowl? If I may ask. =D

45. The Following User Says Thank You to elddonnemar For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,377 Times in 3,598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The fruit bowl is coming along nicely. Watch that they don't float away, unless it's to me.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i see you working hard in your art and you are having fun at it!
    keep up the good work!! you are getting there! :]

49. The Following User Says Thank You to MattGamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really impressed with the fruit bowl Cristina! It's coming along nicely, and don't do anything to big or distracting in the bg, you want to keep the focus on the bowl after all!

Oh and Black Spot's right, make sure the fruit have some weight and gravity to them!

You doing so well, keep at it!
    And thanks yet again for your help in my thread!

Take care girl,
    matt

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

51. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AHH! I go away for two small weeks and you`ve improved WAY too much....I need to pick up on your work ethic ._., The collab and fruit bowl is coming along nicely, but your personal WIP woman has a very short left arm...Unless it`s very bent or something like that which would make sense . Just thought I`d let you know . Oh and I feel like her head is a little too oval shape, like it`s poking out too much to the right. It could be her ethnicity or something, but yea...Oh and her nose looks a little bit too small :/

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Nisshoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't been here for a while - was terribly busy recently. D: But I see you've made great progress.

The collab seems to roll nice so far! I'd still say the arm-elbow-hand thingy needs a bit more work. It looks somewhat off.
    I really like your peacock lady - though I must admit that I prefer the first sketchy version. Some of your refinements are not that great imho. The face is a bit off, the eyes are of different size and shape, the nose is too small and the lips are too pouty. The proportions of the body also need some work - especially her right shoulder (from the viewer's point the left) is too big while here arms are too short. But yeah, it's an early stage so you've plenty of time to fix this.

55. The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty_Angel For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast