Sketchbook: Keep-Going SKETCHBOOK - Updated on 3rd March - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep-Going SKETCHBOOK - Updated on 3rd March

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The studies are beautiful...why haven't you updated! Update update! I for some reason never read your very first post and I noticed a funny similarity between you and I-- my first tablet was also a crappy Aiptek! I had a 9"x12" Aiptek and then I saved my pennies and upgraded to my 6"x8" Intuos3.
    Anyways-- You're doing all these studies but I was really fascinated by some of the paintings you were doing. I'd like to see you try some of your still lives digitally!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sketcheth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the post! Im here to return the love. Studies studies and studies. Thats all good and your going places, would be fun to see some colours and maybe an illustration. Like in page 1. but from imagination. It would be good to se what you can do.
    Cheers! And I'll be back soon so post some stuff now.
    Oh and by the way, The bugs rock!

Bjrn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Black Delphin! Thanks for dropping in at my SB!

It's good to see that you are getting down to the basics and studying the bones. While doing digital paintings is good practice, the emphasis should be on the basics that form the foundations of any good painting and that is the underlying forms of that painting. In order to be a great painter, one be must first be a good draftsman (or woman), so you must be focusing on your drawing skills first.

Keep up the bone studies and the figure/gesture drawings! It's the best place to start!

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to see you here on CA! Hope to see some more updates soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty_Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Update~ 30th of july

OOh my goodness!!! I am SOOO sorry for not updating lately!!
    But i DO think i am heading to a decent schedule now and i am going to post my work, as soon as i scan them in, arrange them neatly and resize.

In the meantime, i shall post these two speedies i have done in the last 2 days, spent around 1h on each. I also uploaded the steps for the apple ( witch was the first one that i did) so you can clearly see what i did, how, and critique the hell out of it!!
    I would really want to hear your input on the strawberry because, for some reason, i do not like it..

yeticatcher - Thank you very much! I try my best to work loosely, but i need more practice to really get that.

AsaB - Hey there Asa~ thank you for the visit too, and i try to balance them, thank you: i have started a little bit of digital painting again, and i am proud to say, that thanks to you guys i can paint much more crisp and paiterish-like..

Strassenpenner08 - Hey there man! Thanks a lot ^^; i try my best with my german, and right now there are these german chicks at my tennis class, they're here for the summer, so i get a little bit of practice too ^^
    About your digis, what tablet do you have again? You just gotta play arround with the settings really, and find the best for yourhand.
    Carry on mate~

GweNdZ - Aren't you an active one! ^^ I see you all over conceptArt, n thank you for dropping by here too!
    And no, i use one of my mom's anatomy atlases for that: she's a general-family doctor you see, so she has quite a few ^^;

sketcheth - And what a pleasure seeing you here~ Thank you for the visit!
    And i am updating, slowly sadly right now, but i shall be more relaxed with you guys, and post more wips, ok? ^^
    About my digis, yeah...aiptek felt soooo good when i got my hands on the pen pressure...and then i got my bamboo >_>
    But i've heard from a friend that you can't compare the pressure with the intuos3..the blending seems to be smoother, different somehow..is it true?

And i shall start a bowl-of-fruits soon, So stay tuned!!!
    But about that, do you, or anyone else, know where i can find some nice still life stock? Some bowls even?

B-Man
    - Hey thanks for the post too! And thank you! The bugs were done more with the hard brush, and now i am redoing some doodles of mine, and by redoing i mean redoing the idea, with the totally hard round brush, nothing else...just perhaps some scattering of it here n there for texture, but that's it

But i don't understand..what do you mean with colours form imagination? And i think i am still to inexperienced and know to little to get a decent from-imagination painting ^^'

Peetaer - Well hey there to you too!! And thank you for dropping by in return~
    I shall do more studies, i promise.
    That aside, i would like to hear your opinion about this: draw sketches-figures-gestures digitally or traditionally? What do you think is best, why do you that one's good in what and so on

Pretty_Angel - Aah Here you are too!! Glad to see you here too!!! And the same goes to you :3

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aww, what a juicy apple! The strawberry could use some more of these small yellow seeds, but otherwise nice study. Keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty_Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice studies, there is a really visible improvement in just on month, awesome

keep it up

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkside For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey BlackDelphin! I haven't been here for a while but I'm pleased to see how much you've progressed!! As I said on the Photoshop thread, your apple study is AWESOME!! the color are very vibrant!! the strawberry is fine too, maybe it need a bit of detail at the top! nice study really really nice!! keep it up!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MeticoloR' For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah man the apple is great, very nice bushwork. On the strawberry, i feel like the leaves on top are too outlined, making them seem flat. And that light coming from the lower left corner feels a bit too strong. Good work man keep at it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a yummy apple ! The only thing is that you shoud paint the background too, with a darker background your light will look lighter, and it'ss create a nice mood ! anyway nice sketchbook ! Keep it up lady !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty_Angel - Thank you! The apple is my personal favourite so far, and you are not the only one who thinks that it needs more seeds: i got that a lot on dA too; and i thought about it, but i was scared not to ruin it; i gave the seeds a try and they didn't work out to well

Darkside - Ooh don't get it wrong! The other doodles i did are from march or so, i just recently started these digital still life paintings again

Pixie Trick - Thank you! N thanks for dropping by~ do you do still life?

MeticoloR' - ooh! if you haven't told me, i wouldn't have known about that comment xD : my e-mailing system seems to be slow xxD
    And thank you very much! I am so glad that i can work more vibrant and smooth with the hard round brush now!

Pyroclasm00 - Thank you! And you are right, i outlined them to neatly...i must use more colours next time, and now that you mention it..there is a bit of a strange highlight in the left corner, but i don't know what to do about it..

Walid D - Why thank you very much Walid! And i think a brighter background was better here, but i do confess that i usually like dark backgrounds, and shiny, vibrant subjects ^^

Did a little cherry this time, but i am not so pleased with it for some reason.
    AAAAND xD
    I have started a collab with whisperss
    She drew the first step, sent it to me, and that is what i added to it.
    It is my first time digitally painting skin in this way, and with a hard brush on top of it, so i really need your input on this one!! i also have no idea what i should do from now on, but anyways...it's her turn now so she'll worry for me LOL

I was thinking of a crossed-hand pose, and this should be a bee-butterfly lady; the wings could be the ones of a fly, a butterfly, i don't know yet, but i know i want them shiny and transparent ^^
    What i want to know right now is what do you guys think of proportions n so on.

Will update soon i hope~
    See ya!!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    things coming along , like the apple , push on!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really love the apple ! keep pushing boundaries and get out of those comfort zones !

i am digging that clock on page 1 great character
    as well you have nice form and color on the apple

i'd like to see some still life with traditional mediums in color as well , keep up the fight !

My Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...156231&page=11

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorcron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great work on that apple Cristina! Love it! Thanks a bunch for showing steps too, your getting a good structure down!

The strawberrys good, but that apple really in ace!
    You collab could be cool as well, looking forward to seeing more!

And thanks a lot for all your help in my sketchbook, really appreciate you posts!

Cheers,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

29. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The block in on the apple is my favorite step. I just like it for some reason. I like the finished version too because it's all glossy and pretty.

In general from looking at your whole book, I think you use color very well but some work is needed with value and volume of your shapes. I'm sorry if someone already mentioned that. Keep up the varied sketches.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The cherry looks delicious! :3

Not sure about your collab yet. It's hard to tell in such an early stage. Though I like the idea! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty_Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 774 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great fruit, keep it up!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm super excited about seeing the portrait!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Nisshoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep on going, man! I really cannot wait for the outcome of your bee-butterfly lady collab...

Last edited by GweNdZ; August 2nd, 2009 at 10:12 AM.

"Artists who seek perfection in everything
    are those who don't achieve it in anything"
    ~Eugene De La Croix

Deviantart~♥~ twitter~♥~ Blog ~♥~ IFX ~♥~ Sketchbook

39. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Giorge - keep pushing on too!!!

Zorcron - thank you so much!!! I never thought i should get out of my comfort zone xD for some reason i have this fear, that if it's not something i know i can draw, i try and fail, i will not be able to draw any more...i don't know why i keep thinking that!!
    And i think i shall try a traditional still life IN colour, if not a little one in black&white first, thanks once again~

JailHouseRock2 - Thank you very much, and you are totally welcomed Matt!!
    And you are right..i totally dig the apple myself~ used a bit more eyepicker on him though than the others, but i like comparing stuff with it
    I'll always share a thought on your sketchbook, and look for flaws in your work (if that makes you comfortable haha) I hope you can help with this wip of mine a bit too! I'm beginning to get stuck on it..i especially think that on the updated one that i am posting now there's something wrong with the angle..the hairstyle perhaps...idk xD

JJacks - Thank you very much! I just love glossy, shiny stuff!! And i like the block in part and the sketch steps usually ^^
    And do not worry about what you say, a good reminder is always welcome, and what do you mean by volume of your shapes ?

Pretty_Angel - Hey you! Thanks for dropping by Sabrina~
    Thank you very much, and thank you for trying to help with my wip *cries happy*

dierat - thank you!! i like doodling fruits n veggies

Nisshoku - Hehe thank you dear!! And you're getting to see it before done because you're on conceptArt, and not only on dA
    There, i'd prefer to make it a surprise, rather then post wips xD

GweNdZ - aah in the end it's a bee-chick, thanks!! you shall see even more soon, and wait till you see when we add details!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i finished this manikin frame part, and i worked a bit more on the wip, though whisperss's the one who seems to be doing all the dirty work lawl~
    I'll start a fantasy portrait on my own soon so you'll see my level exactly..just wanna get more loomis in first ^^

I really want to hear what you guys have to say about the pose, her waist (is it to thin?) and her hair style: especially the hair style!!

Thank you guys~

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohmigoshh!! I knowww!! I love this place *hugs cA* . And yea I get you, people at dA don't do crits very much :///.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Nisshoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice so far. I think her head seems a bit too big for her body. Maybe you should just expand / make wider her waist, I don't know maybe I'm wrong ^^;, It's coming along great ^^

"Artists who seek perfection in everything
    are those who don't achieve it in anything"
    ~Eugene De La Croix

Deviantart~♥~ twitter~♥~ Blog ~♥~ IFX ~♥~ Sketchbook

44. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, I do some still life. Just finished up some gold studies!

I have a question about the still lifes: are they from photos or from real life? I think working from real life, though it may make you struggle and want to kill something, really does help. When you're trying to figure out what colour or value something is when it is in such a different state of being (analogue vs digital) it really makes you look and try to understand what you are seeing much more. And if you do an analogue paining or drawing the struggle cause by not having ctrl. z make you do the same.

Volume is the size, bulk and dimension of a particluar object. It is an object that is usually thick, nontransparent and exists solidly and three-dimensionally in space and it is not flat. In a painting a volume is represented with light and shade and usually in spatial situation to make the nonflatness clear. Volume is closelly allied to mass altough mass implies weight.
    And some thoughts on your sketch. (really quick paintover) I think the think you're forgetting with her hair, is how big her head is. If her hair were really that big, it'd need a balloon or something under there! She also currently has no hips, so you might add some in a bit where it meets the wasp/bee body. Push the darks and hilights to give a bit more depth, and I think you'll be good to go.

Name:  BDelphin paintover.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  96.0 KB

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a lovely apple! Bumskee would be proud of you ^.^ nyerk.
    As for the cherry, its outline from teh left side is too strong, but that's only thing that bothers me.

Now show us how cute you are and do a self portrait

And here's my thought on her pose. Make her botom more sexy, she's a female even tho only in half ;P

Last edited by Icecold; August 3rd, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Icecold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ehh... so um... I spent wayyy too much time on this. I'm sorry if this is way more than you're asking for. >_<

But since I already drew it I figure I'd make the best of it...

I like the feel of the hair style that you're trying to achieve, so I tried to retain the big hair feel while making it a bit more realistic. I lengthened the arm to the waist line and tried to give the butt more three dimensional feel by curving the patterns a bit more.

I don't really understand the muscles very well, the neck especially, so I didn't make much changes there. I didn't change the face at all, because I feel that's a lot more personal and didn't feel comfortable with changing the expression or feel.

Anyway, I hope this helps. =)

Name:  Spidy.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  341.3 KB

50. The Following User Says Thank You to elddonnemar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you a lot dear ! I never start something here without you !!!
    ^___^ and look I did my signature :p hh
    I can't wait to see what you are doing with our collab ;p !!!

Sorry, I'm bad in critics !!! (and english :o !) XD

My Sketchbook
    My DeviantArt Page

52. The Following User Says Thank You to whisperss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your studies are very efficient, and your paintings = hell yeah! And weird, my first wacom drawing also was a butterfly
    Thanks for stopping by!

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Keeviin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looking nice! On the last one, check the values! also im seeing something odd with her neck... i cant tell it for sure. She seem to lack some shape, especially in her arm, try to define the muscles more! Keep on drawing there!

-Noodle

56. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely fantastic stuff, i love your fruit drawings! they're so colourful, and so nice to look at.

58. The Following User Says Thank You to theories For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 113