Thanks

O.o (I really don't know what to put here...)

.... Because it's all so... O.o

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?

It's so surrealistic. Tell me it's not true. O.o
    Last edited by Sorknes; June 19th, 2009 at 03:09 AM.
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    nazis...i tell you. next thing they will request to eat their brains. nothing worse than zombie nazis.

Thanks
    Wrong on too many levels. I'd refuse the job if they wanted that info, think of the violations of NDAs if one employer read a contractor's business email account.

Also, I wouldn't need to give out a password as an applicant or even worry about incriminating photos on a social networking site - I managed to turn a few higher-ups at a certain feature animation house off with my status updates about my flatulence and other bodily functions.

The interwebs makes us all too familiar >____>

Thanks
    Wanting to see my profile on whatever networking place, sure. They can find it by googling it anyway. Requesting login and pw's?

O.o

That's ILLEGAL here. I keed j00 not.

... And btw... some well cooked brains at work... would make my job better. : P
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph Laberis View Post

I managed to turn a few higher-ups at a certain feature animation house off with my status updates about my flatulence and other bodily functions.
    If the place you're talking about is who I think/know it is, then my heart sinks a little. Hope it isn't permanent damage?

Edit: and just in case BlueSky is reading this, I quit drinking... and farting.
    Last edited by Bill; June 19th, 2009 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks
    There goes the Vampire cult.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Next they are going to ask for our concept art log in details.

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If the place you're talking about is who I think/know it is, then my heart sinks a little. Hope it isn't permanent damage?

Edit: and just in case BlueSky is reading this, I quit drinking... and farting.
    Haha, I don't think it was *that* damaging but it did tarnish my impression, for what that's worth. It's definitely made me reconsider what I put out there. I think at worst it caused them to hide my status updates, which means it will be much harder for them to know when I update artwork and the like. A missed opportunity for sure.

Besides, a few of them out there still think I'm funny... ....wait, don't they?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    nazis...i tell you. next thing they will request to eat their brains. nothing worse than zombie nazis.
    Nonono, its not zombie nazis, its vampire commies!

Thanks
    My recent job offer asked for my Facebook and Myspace accounts. I told them I didn't use either and quickly came home to set all of my Facebook settings to private so they can't even search for me.

As long as I show up on time and do great work, there is no reason for my boss to know that I spent the previous weekend hugging a toilet in Vegas after taking body shots off of some coked up manwhore. Nor do they need to be aware of my secret love of American musical theater. And asking for the login info? That's just creepy.

Thanks
    yeah, that's fucked up.

I understand searching for potential employees on social networking sites, to see their Facebook profiles and YouTube subscriptions. But asking for their login details is (or should be) illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional.

I can see it now... if more places start doing this, it's only a matter of time before you hear in the news that "hundreds of accounts were compromised after a city employee forgot their laptop in a restaurant" or "sent unencrypted e-mail to a colleague" or "left their computer logged in at home and their 12 year old got on"

You think anyone in Bozemon Montana is as stupid as Sarah Palin (referencing, of course, her Yahoo Mail fiasco)? Looking at my own municipal government here in Northern Canada, I would say probably at least half of them are.
    MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Thanks
    This "We own you" corporate trend is getting out of hand and it is spreading.

It used to be about checking your personality at the door when coming to work. Now, you can't even have a few drinks (or farts) on your own time. Up theirs.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,733 Times in 4,639 Posts
    That’s why I have two Facebook accounts. I only use the ‘real me’ to get in contact with people. Not that the firm I work for is remotely interested, but I can post what I want as ‘internet’ self. To confuse matters even more, there are more Black Spots about – yeah for not choosing an unique name.

Just remembered – I have a sock puppet account over on LJ and Youtube.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.