-= Envoy of the Khemethar =-
NOT SURE ABOUT THE GUIDELINES? CLICK HERE!
ROUND #163 :: Envoy of the KhemetharDESCRIPTION
Envoy of the Khemethar
Nearly 6000 years ago, the Khemethar discovered a small blue planet on the edge of the galaxy, and sent an envoy to the primitive species that lived there. They made contact with a strange but industrious people in a place which first would be known as the Upper and Lower Kingdoms, and then the united nile valley would come to be known as Egypt.
The primitive race could not completely understand where their new guests had come from, and explanations of their journey through the stars led the Egyptians to believe that they had met Gods. The Khemethar's mission being one primarily of study, they allowed the egyptians their belief in order to get closer into their culture and to study the people of this planet much more closely.
Though a peaceful race in the grand sense of the word, they still suffered the same flaws as humanity, and fights often broke out between the members of the envoy - more than 2000 in number - some ending in injury, and death.
The stories of their hardships, battles, and revelations to the Egyptian people became legendary, and finally mythical. When they took their leave of the egyptian people, they left an undeniable mark upon them.
- Design One or More of the Khemethar envoy, based upon one of the Egyptian Gods (ie, Aten-Ra, Isis, Osiris, Set, etc)
- You do not have to depict them as the Egyptians did - think of interesting things that they might have had/worn that might have been interpreted the way they were by the egyptians either for symbolic reasons, or simply because it was the closest thing that it looked like, not having the same technology/clothing available to them.
ACCEPTANCE TO POLL WILL BE BASED ON THREE CRITERIA:
1: DID THE ARTIST FOLLOW THE BRIEF? (allowance for creative takes will be made).
2: IS THE PIECE ARTISTICALLY SOUND? (Is the illustration "finished?" - did the artist pay attention to anatomy, perspective, other fundamentals?).
3: IS THIS ILLUSTRATION THE BEST ONE?
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY:
1: You must submit ONE full sized image.
2: Make sure your name and CHOW # are EASILY READABLE on your entry.
3: Use the Standard format (Below);
PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC
SAVE YOUR FILE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
THE REST IS EASY:
1: No comments before poll is set. They WILL be deleted with utmost malice and petty grumbling.
2: Sit back and enjoy the show. BYOPC (Bring your own popcorn)
3: Good luck to all.
Please review these helpful reminders if you have not done so already.
ON GETTING TO POLL
NEW ROUND RULE: WIPS PLEASE!
SUBMISSION FORMAT REMINDER
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE YOUR COPYRIGHT INFORMATION UNDER THE IMAGE IN THE FINAL BURNING THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN LATER!
Quick Check: Have You Submitted Your Chow Properly?
- is it named correctly? (ie, "CHOW#100_Oregano.jpg")
- has it been uploaded using the attachment editor?
- have you also uploaded or linked to your wips?
- have you followed the brief?