COUP - Truth about Iranian Election! - Graphic Images Warning - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    human chain broken up

RT from Iran: Evin prison is full - now they use football stadium Karaj & Ghasr, also some ppl R kept at Sepah headqrtrs <this was said a few days ago , so i dont know if its a retweet or something new , the one from a few days ago , said that 2 football statdiums were being used to house the woman , who were beign raped by basij and that basij were calling their friends to come join in , but that part isent mentioned this time . >

Confirmed: today Iranian youth attacked & managed to disarm a base of the Basij & the IRGC in Tehran, irg and basij blame eachother >supposdedly confirmed , read story on laptop cant find link now , tweets still taking about it , no word on if thay kept weapons or not (this maybe propaganda on the green side or it may be some one trying to plant the seed to get thease guys to do that , the story was very short with out much information >many of the trusted tweeters say Confirmed

http://iranelection2009.com/archive/...ials-presstvir basij imposters arrested presstv

http://niacblog.wordpress.com/2009/0...ing/#more-2853 The End of the Beginning guy from dailyshow and dailybeast ? i think

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/me...ani/index.html Influential Iranian cleric: Vote fallout a 'tangled mess' <<from cnn

PersianKiwi is safe & NO other variation of the name is valid. #PersianKiwi is SAFE! >>>lota this , word seems to be thay are in hideing

heres the happings far better the i can give it green breif #13
    http://iran.whyweprotest.net/news-cu...june-29-a.html

The Green Brief #13 (June 29)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NiteOwl AKA Josh Shahryar - twitter.com/iran_translator on twitter - and I've been immersed in tweets from Iran for the past several hours. I have tried to be extremely careful in choosing my tweet sources. What I have compiled below is what I can confirm through my reliable twitter sources. Remember, this is all from tweets. No news media outlets have been used. (All my work is released under Creative Commons (CC). You can freely use it and re-post it wherever you'd like to. Just provide a link to the original source at the bottom.)

These are the important happenings that I can positively confirm from Monday, June 29 in Iran.

1. There was a human chain planned for today. The plan had been to form it between Tajrish Square and the Railway; however, the route was guarded heavily by Basijis, plainclothesmen and security forces. Nonetheless, people at gathered Mellat Park, Valiasr Field, Vanak and Valiasr Avenue and were trying to form a human chain. The police tried to disperse the crowd and stop the human chain from being formed. There were reports of clashes as well which cannot be fully confirmed. Reports of police smashing people’s windows for honking their horns and slashing their tires with knives.

2. Cell phone services were cut off around Valiasr as well as other parts of Tehran. The Basiji had Daneshjo Park under their control and helicopters were flying all over the place, especially over Valiasr. Today was one of the few times when the government cut off phone lines in order to disrupt communications between protesters and hinder their coordination of the event. During the event, several people were arrested as well. Most of Tehran was crawling with Basijis carrying sticks, some on motorcycles sporting camouflage vests. Protesters and some other people were wearing green wristbands in support of Moussavi.

3. Larijani, the speaker of the parliament today said that CNN had given money and cell phones to protesters to portray a wrong image of Iran. He added that the unrest was not an important event and it will be easily overcome and that it was just another experience for the Islamic Republic.

4. Two former Ministers of Interior have asked the Ministry of Interior to form an independent commission to investigate the problems related to the election. They have asked for the release of all the detained protesters as well and for the Iranian media to let protesters’ demands be heard. They have also requested and investigation into the deaths of protesters and other crimes committed during the protests and ask that people should be compensated for their losses.

5. Bijan Khajehpour a renowned Iranian political economist was detained at the airport in Tehran on Saturday upon arrival from the UK. Sources were unsure about his whereabouts but assumed he was in Evin prison. Dr. Mehdi Khazali, the son of Grand Ayatollah Khazali, who unlike his father is a critic of the government and Ahmadinejad, was also arrested. The Iranian media also announced the arrest of some people who were posing as Basijis. Yesterday’s arrest of Homa Roosta has now been confirmed to not be true.

6. Human rights groups claim that so far over 2,000 people are still in detention. Reports have surfaced that there is no more space left for women in Tehran’s official prisons. Human rights’ activists report on unsanitary and inappropriate conditions for imprisoned women protesters in Iran's overcrowded jails. At least 60 of imprisoned women are in the public wards and have only been given a blanket and are forced to sleep in corridors.

7. Today, Amnesty International expressed concern about the political leaders who have been arrested and claimed that they faced torture in detention. This is while a member of the National Security Council announced today that they were not going to release any of the political prisoners any time soon.

8. Members of the National Security Council met with Khatami today. A special commission has been ordered to be formed by the Judiciary to take up the cases of the people arrested in the recent unrests. Ahmadinejad has reportedly asked the Judiciary to investigate the murder of Neda Agha-Sultan. In a letter, Ahmadinejad asked the head of the Judiciary for answers in the death and called the killing ‘suspicious’.

9. State TV says Iran’s top legislative body has confirmed Ahmadinejad victory in the disputed June 12th Presidential election after a partial recount. The Guardian Council’s leader, Jannati said that the GC deemed the complaints and irregularities irrelevant and thereby can confirm the results. Clashes were reported in Tehran after people took to the streets protesting the Guardian Council's ruling. (This cannot be fully confirmed). People also started shouting ‘Death to Dictator’ on their roofs, after GC confirmed the victory of Ahmadinejad.

10. Since official results of Ahmadinejad’s win, only 11 countries congratulated Ahmadinejad on his 'victory'. These countries are Tajikistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkey, the People’s Republic of China, Oman, Russia, Qatar and Venezuela.

11. The office of the Islamic Association of Sistan and Baluchestan University was set on fire by anonymous people today. The office is a hotbed of reform student activity.

12. Mohseni, Iranian Minister of Information, said today that he had met with Mousavi and had told him that the path he had taken had no end. He added that he told Mousavi that his insistence on annulling the election would achieve nothing but create more problems for him and his followers.

13. Five out of nine British Embassy staffers arrested earlier in the wee were released today. The rest are currently being held at an undisclosed location and include senior staff members. The government issued a statement saying that the detained staffers had connections with the unrest in Iran. . The EU threatened a mass pullout of its ambassadors from Iran if the staffers were not released.

14. 12. The spokesperson for the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Iran has stated that they don't want to close any embassies. He added that the arrest of the local staff of some embassies was not breaking international conventions. He added the remaining four staffers will be dealt with according to the law.

15. Keyhan, a newspaper close to Khamenei, slammed Mousavi today and called him a criminal. Also in a TV confession, another of Mousavi’s staffers was forced to say that the Iranian election protests were preplanned. Press TV announced today that reports of Iranian soccer players being punished for wearing green bands during their game with South Korea are false, after FIFA inquired about their reported lifetime ban which was placed by the Iranian Football Federation.

*Today, the source that had claimed of reports of persiankiwi’s arrest has tweeted that she talked to persiankiwi and pk is still free. Pk told the source that they simply don’t have access to resources for tweeting at this point. **Also a HEARTY thanks to Amandapanda for spending her precious time and energy on debriefing me to help compartmentalize the work.

http://www.rsf.org/spip.php?page=art..._article=33626 What is going on in the silence of Evin prison?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101 presstv

the 10% recount completed , amazingly enough amadi still wins but this time lol with even more votes . one of the officals brother is said to have witnessed the recount , he says votes written with same pen and by same person it took them 3x as long to count 10% of the votes as it did to count the full amount "Ahmadi managed to get even more votes in re-count in Tehran than last time." >>>>The GC may have confirmed Ahmadinejad's victory but the ppl of Iran have not. #iranelection #iran #gr88 <<<tweet

well 10 am now tehran will be slow for a while thing seem to heat up startign around 3 to 5 pm their time

Last edited by liam.c; June 30th, 2009 at 01:11 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There's a lot happening in the Middle East right now, and not just in Iran. Things are happening in the Gaza Strip, in Israel, in Iraq, Pakistan and Afganistan. Good things and bad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like to see this happening.

I don't want to imply that i like seeing governments oppressing their people, and people having to resort to violence to move forward socially, and politically. But these sort of situations are inevitable when you leave humans in charge of human affairs, so when this ultimately happens it makes me happy to see people fighting for their rights and freedoms. It is moving for me to get to experience this in as far as I can experience it by following a forum thread with graphic photos, and apparent first-hand accounts.

However.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Tiananmen part 2. It already sounds like it's shaping up this way; students being killed, arrested, youth being at the forefront of the events, foreign media being present but confined to their rooms. What would be worse yet is if the government took the same route as the Chinese in dealing with this, total military lock-down of the region, and then the following years spent cleansing the minds of the people of the incident and any reference made to it just being as uneducated counter-revolutionary terrorists trying to stir up trouble, and the government putting them down in the best interest of all the people of a great nation.

I live and work not far from Tiananmen Square, and I have several students who participated in the events of June 4th 1989, including an an ex-journalist who was in part responsible for the censoring of media within the country as according the directives handed down by the State. According to the first-hand accounts told to me by my students, and older friends things are shaping up fairly similarly.

Best of luck to all the revolutionaries fighting for change at great personal cost, and I do hope that things can reach a peaceful conclusion.

P.S., if something like this was already posted I apologize, I admit I didn't sift through all 9 pages of posts before posting this, but I read about half of it.

Thanks,

Sep

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sepulverture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wait....how old are your students? just curious....

Thanks to all who have kept this thread alive with news links...

it really bothers me that we still don't know for sure what happened to bigbow...
    i just sincerely hope and pray we hear from him/her again in the future...

and it is very touching to see how inspite of massive oppression, the people of Iran are still fighting for fairness, for justice and for the liberties that a LOT of westerners take forgranted.

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the ANGRY filipino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed T.A.F.

My students, by the way, range in age a lot, the ones I'm referring to are in their late 40's.

Last edited by Sepulverture; June 30th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepulverture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yah ale it is the hot spot lol
    sep yah i hope not too , but there was 1 vid that came out of that , hat may have been a bigger deal , and well its china thay are in a slightly diffrent position
    angry i feel the same way mate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSECA...eature=related vid form the 14th i hadent seen befor

@oxfordgirl : Mousavi Allahu akbar was heard louder than all the previous nights

so the talk is right now , about the recount of the 10% , amazingly amadi got even more votes then befor , no one seems to beleave it . the other talk is about the footbal stadiums being used as make shift prisons

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Lying lying and islam somethign i didnt know <not put here for soem kinda anti islam thing so please dont start some arguments here >

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/inte...-dead-detained faces of the dead and detained project

#IranElection stats: 312,720 tweets, 39,626 contributors, 44,674.3 tweets per day

oxford girl tweets
    @mousavi1388 nice to hve u back, we need as much info as possible to pass on to the ppl.
    about 2 hours ago from web in reply to mousavi1388Mousavi Allahu akbar was heard louder than all the previous nights #iranelection #gr88 #iran
    about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck dis u C the GC spokemen try 2 explain wht sum cities hve more votes than ppl. Even he looked lk he dnt believe. #iranelection #iran #gr88
    about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck Mousavi reported by Iran Press TV not to be willing to accept anything but re-run of election. #iranelection #gr88
    about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck The GC may have confirmed Ahmadinejad's victory but the ppl of Iran have not. #iranelection #iran #gr88

CBS-Iran admits 50 cities had more votes than voters

Sunday is the anniversary of 7th. tir martyrs, there will be a gathering in "Ghoba" Mosque and its legal !

rt All fixed phones of houses and office and biz units around Engelab and Valiasr squares were out of service

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rotesting.html mousavi says keep going !
    random tweets >>>>>>>

oxfordgirl : ppl get tired, have to attend 2 work/family or lose connection/computer gives up. Not every silence arrest

oxfordgirl Can confirm persiankiwi is the real persiankiwi and is safe. RT RT RT Rt

State banks have no $ and Khamenei's son has 1.6 billion! Basiji, you are not paid enough for what you are getting into

AP: Italy 'G8 to meet next week to discuss possible sanctions against Iran'

AP: Western. analysts Ahmadi win 2-1 margin suspicious + improbable

some clerics calmeing the protesters are all durggys , gays , hustlers, male prostitutes

CNN: Iran witnesses -not the end but beginning. viable movement

http://stephiblog.wordpress.com/2009...-propaganda-2/

http://50mbuffalos.mono.net/11370/Evin%20Prison inside evin prison
    k looks liek peoepl takeing a break today , people gota work and make a liveing though its 5p, there right now and who knwos it might heat up . sunday theres a big holiday , and the peopel will turn out at same time to also protest .

6 citys protest rallys <i think thay are talking about sunday >

ill check back though out the day , but hehe i gota get some work done as well
    thay are still going its just a slow news day/time for regroup
    post what you find ! if u see some news drop it here !!!!
    keep it warm for big bow till returns !

Last edited by liam.c; June 30th, 2009 at 10:24 AM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At this stage how likely is the scenario of a full-on revolution occuring?

My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kagemusha22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't believe I missed this thread until now. Bigbow, I fear for your safety and hope to god you are still free. Thank you so much for putting up your pictures and for your bravery in the face of such danger. Your fight against tyranny in the pursuit of freedom is just and right. Iran with a legitimate government, elected by the people, will be such a tremendous step towards peace. We are all cheering for you.

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steak-tron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my prayers are with you bigbow, this is just so sad but inevitable, hope all the best for you your family and friends, good times will come you will see, hang in there!

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been crying like a baby for the past hour as I've read through this most amazing, fascinating, and inspiring thread.

I wish with all my heart that BigBow is safe. Posting these pics to this thread is an unequivocal act of bravery. BigBow, you are a hero.

I have to disagree with those of you who think this isn't a place for this kind of thing. This is most definitely one of the best places for a post like this. Art is a powerful weapon when used for a cause. And what better place to post than on a forum full of ridiculously talented artists who aren't hampered by censorship. Hopefully this thread inspires us to put our pens together. Can't wait to see the art this inspires. I hope this thread is the seed that creates the next Goya.

Last edited by mookiemu; July 1st, 2009 at 02:54 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mookiemu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zahra-...7303129?ref=nf national strike meight be in the works

http://tehranbureau.com/widening-divide/ infighting with the clerics

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...on-hanged.html people hanged , reprots of mousavi supproters hanged , a reproters says the regime is about to crumble though thay would never admit it till the last hour

http://www.thedailybeast.com/video/i...an-revolution/ shah son speeks on cnn

http://www.etemademelli.ir/published/0/00/48/4856/ newspaper stoped from publishing
    Sham News: Last night after issuing a statement addressed to the nation of Iran Mehdi Karroubi and approved by the Guardian Council elections with the presence of representatives of the Prosecutor of Tehran and the Ministry of Culture published the Etemad Melli newspaper was prevented MPs demanded censorship and the lack of newspaper print statement were.
    Karroubi to release a statement insisting, despite the prosecutor's request to publish the non-sequence between the Etemad Melli newspaper today will not be published

http://iran.whyweprotest.net/news-cu...rief-14-a.html green breif #14

These are the important happenings that I can positively confirm from Tuesday, June 30 in Iran.

In French: http://tinyurl.com/8fpx5

In Italian: http://giagro.wordpress.com/30062009...fine-giornata/

1. 1. Today, people gathered at Vali Asr Square -the entire place was packed with Security Forces. Guards at Vanak Square were reportedly breaking car windows (those that honked their horns) which is a sign of the current protests. After security forces tried to arrest a young girl, some clashes broke out. (There was no further news about this event so confirmation is partial only.)

2. About 10 people were arrested at Tajrish Square after a group of people gathered there and chanted against the regime. Clashes were also reported at Satarkhan Street and Jomhori Street. The Independent Youth was also planning to organize a protest today in Tehran, however, reports were scarce and no confirmations could be obtained of the protests.

3. Today, more than 2,000 people gathered in front of the Islamic Republic Court in Urumieh asking about their detained relatives. So far, thousands have been rounded-up during protests, as well as during day and night-time raids all over the country. The number cannot be verified but it is said to be in the thousands. Mousavi and Karoubi have denied having sanctioned yesterday’s protests.

4. Mousavi has been reported by Iran Press TV to only be accepting of a new election. Mousavi's campaign today called the widespread arrests “immoral and illegal.” Furthermore, they said that the torture of detained civilians could produce anti-revolutionary sentiments amongst the people, thus damaging the Islamic Revolution severely. There were reports of a National Strike being organized and propagated on Mousavi’s website, but it cannot be confirmed through independent sources.

5. The Iranian government has meanwhile banned Mousavi’s ally, Abolfazl Fateh, from leaving the country. Abolfazl Fateh today said that elections were “a deeply political concept and militarizing them was uncommon, costly and worrisome.” He said that their campaign would only release word on GhalamNet. Meanwhile, Mousavi's website – GhalamNet – today denied sending new letters to the Guardian Council and rejected GC spokesperson's claims yesterday about receiving fresh Mousavi demands. On the cyber side, Ayatollah Montazeri's website has been taken down by the Ministry of Interior after he denounced the elections and called the government clamp-down on peaceful protesters against Islam.

6. Today, Khatami called for a change in the security presence on the streets of Iran, as well as for the formation of an independent commission to investigate complaints against the election. He added that, “force should not be used to make people do what one wants them to.” He added that the general trust of the Iranian people have been damaged by such tactics.

7. Karoubi announced in a letter to that Iranian people that he didn’t recognize the government’s legitimacy. Karoubi said that he entered the election for "change" and that hidden forces had blatantly changed the outcome. Karoubi objected to widespread arrests and asked officials for the immediate release of all detainees, as well as reparation of their reputation. He expressed readiness to work with individuals and groups because he perceived the republic, Iran and Islam to be in danger.

8. Ayatollah Taheri stated that Mousavi's rights had been violated. Taheri - the former Friday Imam of Isfahan - called Ahmadinejad's appointment illegal. He added that the old enemies of Imam [Khomeini] were sending the Islamic Republic to the museum with their actions [meaning it will be removed and become part of history if these actions don’t stop]. In response, a member of parliament today openly criticized Taheri and said that he was longer a senior cleric. After him, Pezeshkian – a reformist MP – told the parliament that God's enemy was he who stood against the people.

9. Ahmadinejad declared that an attempt at a 'soft overthrow' of the regime had failed. This comes after a partial recount of 10% of the vote by the Guardian Council which resulted in slightly more votes of Ahmadinejad!!! Mohammad Yazdi, a cleric and member of the Guardian Council, announced today that he could personally testify as to the impartiality of the election. He added that Mousavi will be barred from taking part in any future elections.

10. Tehran's notorious Evin prison is reportedly packed to capacity now and security forces are housing the detained in football stadiums. So many people are put in Tehran’s prisons that prisoners only have standing space. Reports say guards are preventing prisoners from sleeping by keeping them standing all night. Amnesty International today warned that the opposition leaders arrested in Iran were at risk of being tortured.

11. Maziar Bahari was forced to confess at a press conference that the protests were pre-planned and organized from abroad. Bahari is an adroit Iranian-Canadian Journalist and filmmaker, who has written for Newsweek and the New Statesman. Meanwhile,the torture of university students continues in the Ministry of Interior. Some Iranians traveling to Iran for the holidays have been taken in for questioning directly at the airport as they tried to leave the country. They were questioned because of updated information on their Facebook accounts.

12. There is still no news about Mojtaba Tehrani, an Etemad Melli correspondent. Three days have passed after his arrest. Another correspondent of Etemade Melli, Mahsa Amrabadi, who has been in detention for two weeks, has only been allowed to briefly call her family. Her whereabouts are unknown.

13. On the good side of things, Isfahan's judicial sources announced the freedom from detention of 280 people who'd been arrested during the protests. Hundreds more still remain in detention. But today, it was announced that the legal prosecution of detained prisoners has started. The man in charge, Saeed Mortazavi, has led many to believe that dozens will probably be sentenced to death as he is notorious in seeking and getting death sentences for dissidents in Iran.

14. Police today entered Tehran University's dorms at the request of the president of the university, reportedly. However, the president, Mr. Kohkan, later denied he had asked them to do so. Amir Hossein Shemshadi, in charge of Mousavi's youth campaign, contacted his parents from inside Evin today and told them he would not be freed anytime soon

15. The Daily Khabar was stopped from printing its daily paper for the fourth time this week. Tehran public prosecutor and Cultural Ministry officials also stopped the publication of Etemade Melli newspaper today following its plans to publish a letter by Karoubi. Pressured by security forces, the session of the Journalists Union of Iran was also canceled. The sessions were to be focused on detained journalists.

16. The chants of Allah o Akbar continued tonight even though Basijis have threatened people with arrests and destruction of property if they continue to do so. One chanter has already been killed in the past days.

>>>>
    rember the79 revolution took months , the people seem to be in it for the long haul , what seemed to start as people just wanting their vote has turned into , wanting much much more , the attacks on the iranian people by the irainain government seems to have only steeled the people in the resolve to keep going .its not a 2 hour movie , so please dont loose intrest or hope because its not over yet .

there seems to be a huge number of rallys around the world in support of thease people , if yoru intrested check in yoru area . you can check the streems http://www.twazzup.com/search?q=%23iranelection to find out wahts happing there are many sources but the tweets are going strong 533 twees perhour currently on just one channel .

http://twubs.com/Iranelection this one tracks them real time , durring the day for iran , it moves soo fast you can hardly read anything lol

http://www.brainhop.com/IranFraud.html *Suspicious ballot photos posted by Iran state media prove they cheated*
    theres quite a few of thease , also vids of burning ballots , and single people signing stacks of them from names off a list , dnno the "truth" of either side but somethign to see <espesaly inrelation to the reports and the chatham house analsys of the election >

the people now seem to be refering to this as a revolution , and not just wanting a recount , or run off

green breif #14 is the talk of the hour on all channels of tweets

102 pm tehran time , few more hours itwiill heat up agean

i saw a quote tweeted i liked verry much >>>>RT: "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." Shaw <<<<< alot of the streems are filled with quotes right now , and people giveing support

Last edited by liam.c; July 1st, 2009 at 04:26 AM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BowWow please return to us safely

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Salavin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is really sad....may god help u guys over there!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to robinmitra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Witness to Neda's Death to be Prosecuted" . (This is the doctor who tried to save Neda Aqa-Soltan's life.) >.<

Mousavi:I cant negotiate /compromise over peoples votes. If we don't stay strong now,similar unfortunate events will happen

Khamenei: don't be ignorant of the political wolves who unmasked themselves in the last few days, worse of all the UK gov

quite a few seemingly american right wing people talking trash in the streems <maby thay are just dumb kids or boath >

cyberwar keeps going , thay keep hacking the site with the protesters pics on it , and doing dos attacks agenst it http://cyberwar4iran.blogspot.com/

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/omidadvocatescom/ appeal to UN petition

http://tehranbureau.com/writing-wall/ graffiti wars

Word here on the news - protests going on at night signal of continued build up of successful protest <random tweet >

http://protests.sharearchy.com/ protest search if you are so inclined

Ahmadinejad cancels trip to Libya.

Police force commander: The police force arrested 1032 individuals in Tehran during the recent "riots

http://www.heute.de/ZDFheute/inhalt/...600104,00.html

Saberi, a 32-year-old American whose father is Iranian and mother is Japanese, recently spent nearly four months imprisoned by the regime of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...-more-trouble/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...-jajQD995N9180 AP story

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.iranchamber.com/governmen...ution_ch03.php !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article 26
    Political parties, societies, political and craft associations, and Islamic or recognized minority religious associations may be freely brought into being, provided that no violation is involved of the principles of independence, freedom, national unity, Islamic standards, and the foundations of the Islamic Republic. No person may be prevented from joining, or compelled to join, one of the above.

Article 27
    Unarmed assemblies and marches may be freely organized, provided that no violation of the foundations of Islam is involved.

Article 32
    No person may be arrested except according to and in the manner laid down in the law. If someone is detained, the subject matter of the charge, with reasons (for bringing it), must immediately be communicated and explained in writing to the accused. Within at most 24 hours the file on the case and preliminary documentation must be referred to the competent legal authority. Legal procedures must be initiated as early as possible. Anyone infringing this principle will be punished in accordance with the law.

Article 34
    To ask for justice is the unquestioned right of every individual. Everyone may refer to the competent courts in search of justice. All members of the nation are entitled to have recourse to such courts within their reach. No one may be prevented from recourse to any court to which the law entitles him to refer.

Article 38
    Any kind of torture used to extract an admission of guilt or to obtain information is forbidden. Compelling people to give evidence, or confess or take an oath is not allowed. Such evidence or confession or oath is null and void. Any person infringing this principle is to be punished in accordance with the law.

Article 39
    Aspersion of the dignity of and respect due to any person who has been arrested or put in detention, or imprisoned or exiled by command of the law is forbidden in any form, and is liable to punishment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...osecution-call cunts <soory >

RT Now we are told that [pro-Mousavi] green bands are illegal, which is ironic because it symbolizes the color of Islam

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6613209.ece Presenter Nick Ferrari quits Iran Press TV over ‘bias’ after election

http://iranrevolution.wordpress.com/revolution-martyrs/ Revolution Martyrs

a boycot for nokia is RT constantly

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/108246 Iranian Mullahs Under Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_BhxdVkbeQ constitution with music for those that dont feel liek reading the above constituion bits lol >>>taged >>>Print Iran's Constitution and hang it near Iranian Embassies around the World

thanks for keepin it warm for big bow ! post what you find !

Honduras Coup Leader: "Only Invasion Will Depose Me" Wow! Two coups in less than three weeks <random tweet

"It is our historical responsibility to continue our protests and not to abandon our efforts to preserve the nation's rights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfH-ykGCoc iran; police smashes peoples property in tehran july 1 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lf0Z...eature=related iran; sport center is turned into a military base june 22 2009

http://www.chathamhouse.org.uk/publi...view/-/id/755/

Last edited by liam.c; July 1st, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skip this one if you have a weak stomoch ok ? for real .
    im adding this one seprately , because it is verry powerfull and verry sad , this seems to be the type of treatment that every one had expected to happen . this is important to pay attention to .

im going to add somethign ehre that i saw while lookign at the tweets days ago , there was alot of spam , from what were thought to basij . alot of them had names liek unw112 or some thign liek that , 3 letters 3 numbers . each most had the same link . soem were diffrent , i didnt click on all of them , i clicked on 1 that was attached to alot of the tweets by the 3 letter3 number guys , what it linked to was a picture of a man naked with his anus streched out to about the size of a cd and in the frame of the picture was a police type club, the ground was concreet ,it struck me as how the "doungion" the students discribed in the letter of the first round of arrests and torture . thease were said to be links thay were droping to track protestors , all had false story names attached to them , somethign relateing to freedom or the election fraud . it seemed to me at the time , that the tweets were right that thease were basij , and this was more then jsut a way to track people , it was also a threat . that was my own assesment of it
    and after readign this story , i beleave that assesment was correct .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-afshin-friend

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    will restart here for todays and just edit in the new stuff

http://capwiz.com/niacouncil/issues/...ertid=13659871 possable way to help

http://www.information.is-the-cooles...n_protests.htm time line of the protests

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/02/wo...n.html?_r=1&hp Europe Weighs Withdrawing Ambassadors From Tehran

many many twwets , of software and calls for help in the cyberwar for dos attacks on basij sites , showing pictures of protestors so thay can be attacked/arrested for their "crimes"

looks liek the national strike is on ! thay are gnna start with a little green flu to kick it off

3 of the biggest tweeters that went silent , are said to be ok and safe!!!!! , thay are either hideing out , or dont have acesss to the net , varifyed by oxfordgirl <i hope thay return soon , their voice had alot of weight

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1245...ml#articleTabs Israeli Radio Show Captivates Iranians

Direct Message · View Tweet IranLiveUpdates: RT @Revolutionnews: There have been clashes earlier today at Vali-Asr in Tehran
    http://www.twitpic.com/8yj6f Extremely Grusome & Graphic pic of young kid beat up*** Extremely Graphic** #IranElection
    , atributed to iranelction , person so badly wounded hard to tell <warning not for weak stomouch, so grusome i want to remove it so dont even look just leave it for record >

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/in...13/061/2009/en amnesty international

http://www.payvand.com/news/09/jul/1008.html Chancellor denies asking police to enter University of Tehran dormitory

The State Inspectorate Organization Director Mostafa Pourmohammadi said on Monday that part of the disablement of the SMS text messaging is due to the security measures.
    TEHRAN, June 30 (Mehr News Agency) -- MP Hossein Sobhaninia stated on Tuesday that some communication limitations such as the disablement of SMS text messaging which have been introduced in recent days should be lifted and the country take a normal course again.

The SMS text messaging has been disabled since June 11, one day before the presidential election.
    >>>>>>Sobhaninia, who sits on the Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, also said now that the Guardian Council has confirmed the validity of presidential election it is natural that the country will see the stoppage of unrests in the country.

Today all political factions and activists should urge people to remain calm and maintain unity and consider the election dispute as a closed issue, he told the Mehr news agency. <<<<
    some of them seem to be liveing in a fantasy land

>>>Today ppl in #Tehran gather in 6 places (Bahareset, Valiasr, Enghelab, Vanak, Tajrish, Sadehgieh

post what you find !

Last edited by liam.c; July 1st, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by liam.c View Post
    "Witness to Neda's Death to be Prosecuted" . (This is the doctor who tried to save Neda Aqa-Soltan's life.) >.<
    What. The. Fuck.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidharth Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidharth Chaturvedi View Post
    What. The. Fuck.
    not only that ! but the families was charged the bullet fee <about 3k usd > was barred from being emotionally supported by Nabors < when some one dies in Iran Nabors and families don’t leave them for 2 weeks >bullet fee is to recover the bullet used by the state lol

only the family was aloud to attend the service
    people were barred from going to her grave

one tweet said : "if the cia , mi6 or the protesters killed her , then why were the family charged a bullet fee ?"

the establishment clamed that she was a martyr of the establishment to add even more insult

its getting hard for me to sift through these , its really aggravating ,and heart breaking . I wanted to believe that there’s some exaggeration here , but I don’t think that there is, they don’t need to exaggerate anything 1 picture is enough , one video is enough . I want to believe that some of it is propaganda , but every time i see some ones brains on the sidewalk , I know they don’t need propaganda . every time i read the official word , I know the establishment is their own worst enemy

one tweet said , “pacifism means nothing to a sadist “

http://iran.whyweprotest.net/news-cu...july-01-a.html green breif #15

I'm NiteOwl AKA Josh Shahryar - twitter.com/iran_translator on twitter - and I've been immersed in tweets from Iran for the past several hours. I have tried to be extremely careful in choosing my tweet sources. What I have compiled below is what I can confirm through my reliable twitter sources. Remember, this is all from tweets. [B](My work is released under Creative Commons (CC). So use it freely)

These are the important happenings that I can positively confirm from Tuesday, July 01 in Iran.

In Spanish: http://tinyurl.com/l7mg48

In French: http://tinyurl.com/l5cmtl

In Dutch: http://tinyurl.com/nhl854

In Russian: http://tinyurl.com/lgs9r9

In Italian: http://tinyurl.com/loqauv

In Greek: http://tinyurl.com/lx6xh2

In Hebrew (Summary): http://tinyurl.com/kp22p4

Protests

1. There have been unconfirmed reports of a protest in Tehran today. There were reports of clashes in Rasht that could be partially confirmed. Clashes broke out when police tried to disperse people who were mourning dead protesters. A doctor and two nurses were badly beaten in Loghman Hospital in Tehran after they tried to stop security forces from arresting an injured protester from the facility. A tweet source talked to a Basiji in Tehran today. According to the source, the Basiji claimed that he was working for Islam, but hoped that he wouldn’t be forced to quell protests again.

2. Protests are being planned for tomorrow - although none could be fully confirmed. A number of Iranian women who’ve formed a quasi-group called Mourning Mothers have announced that they will gather at Laleh Park on Saturday to mourn the dead. Reports from Tehran suggest that shops are being closed earlier than usual. Several sources claimed that the city is in a virtual state of an unofficial curfew.

Political Statements

3. Mousavi today released his 9th statement since the elections. He said that, “No opportunity to illuminate the extent of this lie and its historic repercussions should be lost and that the liars and cheats are only sheltering behind the law to impose their intentions.” He added that it was his and “all Iranians’ revolutionary responsibility to not let the blood of thousands of martyrs to have been in vain.” He continued to say, “It’s our historic mission to continue our protest and not abandon the cause of regaining people's rights.” He questioned the government’s legitimacy and said that he no longer believed the government to be lawful – a sentiment already recognized by the majority of Iranians. He called upon the Government’s Elite to help expose the election fraud by releasing evidence and documents currently in their possession.

4. Khatami criticized the government in a new, harsher tone that suggested outright contempt today. He called the elections a “coup d’état against democracy.” He asked, “How can the Iranian people calm down when their votes were stolen? When their blood is and has been shed? When they are being hauled away and arrested en masse? When the government and media blatantly ignore them?” He asked, “How is a National reconciliation even remotely possible in a country that is turning into a police state?” He went on to say that what’s happening now in Iran “is a direct violation of the very rights people are promised in the constitution.” He accused the media of attempting to provoke further unrest and violence and denounced the governments’ attempts at censorship. He predicted that Regime’s establishment would fail if this were to continue.

5. Khatami later met with several families of loved ones arrested during in the violence the past two weeks. He yet again asked for the release of those detained for protesting, including all political and media personalities. He slammed the Ministry of Interior for professing “obliviousness” over the fate of many of the detained.

6. A video of Ayatollah Hadi Ghaffari, another prominent Shi’ite cleric has surfaced in which he directly accuses Khamenei of sinning against the people by ordering arrests and killings. This is the second high-ranking cleric in two days who has been reported to criticize the government so harshly. Ayatollah Taheri, the former Imam of Isfahan’s Friday prayers’s mosque, criticized the government’s actions yesterday.

Government

7. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly said today that there was as much truth to electoral fraud in Iran as there was for the Holocaust. (Ahmadinejad is a Holocaust denier.) Ahmadinejad reportedly cancelled his trip to Libya to attend an African summit today as well. The media reported that Ahmadinejad was too busy at work and there were ‘other priorities’ for him to get to. This comes at a time when some reformists abroad are secretly planning on creating a shadow government for Iran – according to unconfirmed reports.

8. The Imam's Way Faction (a group of MP’s) of parliament, which is slightly pro-reform, asked the families of detainees to send them documented information about their arrested family members. More high-profile Iranians were arrested today. Among the arrested were: Saeedeh Kordinejad and Zoia Hasani -members of Mosharekat Party, Vahid Amoozadeh-Khalili - the son of another pro-reform personality and Omid Mosleh - a prominent film critic. Mosleh was later released. Mohammad Mostafayee, a prominent lawyer who had been arrested two days ago, was also released on bail today.

Arrests, Releases and Investigations

9. Vahid Amoozadeh-Khalili’s detention could only be confirmed today, although he had been missing for two days. A high-ranking official in the Police Department confirmed that 1,032 people had been arrested since the start of the protests. According to independent sources, the numbers are likely much higher. There was partial confirmation of the release of 4 other British Embassy's local staffers from Iranian detention. One still remains under arrest. The government had previously claimed that some of the 9 staffers arrested were guilty of taking part in orchestrating the current unrest in Iran. This comes when the EU has threatened to pull out all its diplomatic missions from Iran if the staffers were not released.

10. The Iranian government claimed that the murder of Neda Agha-Soltan was in no way, shape, or form related to the recent ‘riots’. Iran’s Chief of Police announced today that one of the key eye-witnesses of Neda’s death, Arash Hejazi, is actually wanted by Interpol for unspecified crimes. The government had earlier claimed that the bullet that killed Neda was not shot by any weapon currently in use by Iranian Security Forces.

(Continued below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Mohmmad Ghouchani, the detained editor-in-chief of Etemade Melli, has denied reports published in IRG’s main media outlet Javan Daily that he confessed committing crimes and breaking the law in organizing protests. He also rejected Javan’s claim that he had been secretly trained in an Arab country to carry out subversion tactics. He claimed to not even own a passport.

Media in Iran and Miscellaneous

12. Etemade Melli will be published again starting tomorrow after being banned for a day by the government for reportedly attempting to publish Karoubi’s statements yesterday. Reports suggest that the government is now heavily censoring Etemade Melli as well as other newspapers in order to stop any such statements from getting out to the public. A reporter of government-owned Press TV has also quit his job over perceived bias in the station’s reporting of the events after the election.

13. Today, reporters accompanying the governor of Fars province and the Friday prayers’ Imam of Shiraz stumbled upon four unopened ballot boxes from the elections in Shiraz’s main library. Per electoral rules in Iran, all ballot boxes were supposed to be shipped to Tehran. According to reports, the governor promptly declared the contents of the boxes ‘national documents’ and asked the reporters not to report the incident.

(Here are some pictures of the boxes as they can be clearly seen sealed. The last picture shows the Imam voting on Election Day, wearing a different robe. We cannot fully authenticate the pictures as no dates can be seen in the pictures.):
    پایگاه مستقل خبر رسانی عبرت www.ebrat.ir

14. Chants of Allah o Akbar continued to rattle Tehran and other cities of Iran at dusk. A report published by the Guardian reports through a protester's friend that the protester was arrested, beaten and raped. Here's the full story on The Guardian's website: Iran protester was arrested, beaten and raped, friend says | World news | guardian.co.uk

Read this if you want to help or get help!

Helpers:

A. We currently are trying to get the Brief out in as many languages as possible. If you can translate the brief for us in a language other than English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch or Greek, please let us know. It comes out every day so it'll be an every day thing so it's for the long haul. But if you can even do a summary, it will be great! Email me on dbosca@gmail.com if you're interested.

B. You could retweet this link and let more people know about what’s going in Iran.

C. The government in Iran is still increasing internet filtering and throttling in an attempt to silence their people. Anonymous info shows that many in Iran are looking for proxy and Tor information in Tehran and all around the country. Please donate your bandwidth to help bring down the Iran Curtain. Here are links on how to help and get help on this:

English:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor and the Iranian Election - Bring down the Iran Curtain | Ian's Brain

Farsi:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor: ?????? Tor

Help us set up more bridges on Tor here: Torrents list � Rivolta in Iran

Last edited by NiteOwl; 3 Hours Ago at 01:51 AM.

Last edited by liam.c; July 2nd, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't said it yet by the way, but thanks for keeping us posted with all this news, liam. It's much appreciated.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidharth Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just read through this whole thread in one go - glued to my chair.
    I hope that BigBow is alright. It's funny how one can worry about someone they never met.
    It is good to see the internet used in this way. No longer can governments completely control reporting and suppress the truth from leaking out.

Thanks for continuing the reporting, Liam. Here's to hoping that BigBow can contribute again soon.

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Floris Didden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sid and flores thanks for readign thease with me !

http://iranvideonews.com/video-of-pr...iversity-iran/ vid from protesters at shiaz uni , on the 20th , hes behind a fence so the securty forces coudlnt get at him , while he filmed them clubing people , mainly woman , who are just siting there :/

http://www.reuters.com/article/world...56115B20090702 Iran hangs six for murder, two spared: report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ScPq0evZo Clashes between basij and people in Kermanshah 27 June! hard to see but sound is clear? gunshots and screams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJh_...eature=related Protest at Tehran University South, June 29 no violenct just singing soo nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad65h...eature=related Riot Police Qoba Mosque Tehran Iran 28.06.09

random tweet >>>>Very worried. Contact feeds & internet traffic is severely constricted by Islamic regime, information blackout from

random tweet
    <nameremoved>
    I wish I could turn my mind off, but I keep thinking about #iranelection among other things.
    35 min ago· Reply · Retweet · View tweet

http://shooresh1917.blogspot.com/ Beating of mourning mothers in Laleh Park!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/01/ira...ors-basij.html story in forbes

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom/la...ch&id=20450791 The report aims to provide comprehensive documentation and analysis of Islamic Republic of Iran's execution of minors since 1979 and put forward clear recommendations for action by the international community and human rights campaigners.

http://payvand.com/news/ U.S. Human Rights Activists Urge Action Against Tehran -

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34 Brown 'disappointed' by Iran regime

a tweet >>SInce yesterday my sources say that Mousavi org STRIKE15-17 tir

@oxfordgirl sealed voting boxes found in shiraz. compare the clothes of the mullah 2 B sure it's not the same day http://go2.u6e.de

a tweet >>>: #Iran The women of Iran are the new knights in shining armor. The new Joan of Arcs.

LONDON, UK protest everyday weekdays 6-9PM & weekends 4-7PM at Iranian Embassy outside of iran it seems protests are every place accordign to the tweets <theres a scedual for them above in the last post by me if inclined

oxfordgirl tweets
    The best way 2 get gov ppl 2 accept the Sea of Green is 2 assure them that ths revolution will not B followed by mass murder. #iranelection
    about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck No country that allows execution can say it has clean hands. My dream is to see the death penalty removed worldwide #iranelection #Iran
    about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck RT @StopAhmadi: Src said that Peiknet.com 3 months ago wrote about a "coming" coup d'état in Iran. interesting! #iranelection
    about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck In my opinion any state that executes ppl is a rogue state. #iranelection #iranelections #Neda #gr88
    about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck @in2joy lol, u never know someone might be working on that
    about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to in2joy

the following should be read bottem to top , as it was from a tweet streem ,
    ...demanding alteration of some pages of the EtememadMelli paper #iranelection
    about 11 hours ago from web For the 2nd consecutive night reps of prosecutor general &Cultural Ministry were present in publication house ....
    about 11 hours ago from web Mohammad Mostafaiee was released today through a 100M Toman($100K) collateral #iranelection
    about 11 hours ago from web Talking to a friend in Iran,she begged us to send whatever news that we have,they don't have access to anything, this is the least we can do
    about 14 hours ago from web Iran after election debate - Imam ali quote - http://bit.ly/gsmUf #iranElection #iran #mousavi #iran
    about 15 hours ago from web another beautiful anthem http://bit.ly/drZ8o #iranelection
    about 16 hours ago from web ..... to their votes, and when the murderers of innocent people are identified and prosecuted. #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: It will cam down whenever the public trust is attained, when the public knows what happened ...... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: What are these unsubstantiated statements? What does color revolution/subversion mean?? #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .........or with this increasingly policed environment? So much for "national rapprochement"! #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: Everyone is talking about a calm atmosphere. How can one calm down? With all these arrests?.... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: And the legal and intelligence system of the establishment officially pretends to be unaware?? #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web ......by some whom nobody takes responsibility for their actions #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web khatami:Those interested in Iran and the establishment are arrested in a blanket manner, and squashed ....#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami:w/o anyone being aware of the sort of treatment & pressure they were subject to,they are forced to confess and repent #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: [it seems that now] everyone can arrest anybody he likes, and later interrogate them #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web ......regulation you, yourself, released under the name of citizen rights #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami to Sharoodi،head of the judiciary wing، What witness today is adverse to every article of the ...#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami dozens are killed and hundreds are beaten and injured. Where is the state TV to portray all this? #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: Then they point finger at the people, asking why they referred to other sources for news and information#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .....the emotions of a particular part of the society #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: The so called national media, time and again, depicts certain scenes aiming to provoke ... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .and in a completely closed and policed environment they surreptitiously arrest tens of people everyday #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: They have severely restricted the communication facilities, the internet and the press.... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web ......militarizling the ambiance of the society and accusing those who with the establishment to prosper #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: What was the response of the regime to this grandeur public movement? Shedding the blood of people ...... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .... you stayed in Iran and endeavored to cater to people their incontestable rights #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: I am sorry to announce that the sole offence of you and your beloved is the fact that .... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web ........the principal philosophy of election will be questioned, and the establishment will fail. #iranelection.
    about 17 hours ago from web Khatami: When the society's mindset is not content with the result of the election........ #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Seyed Mohammad Khatami met with the families of the recently arrested. #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web ....that the velvet revolution has happened against the people and the republic part of the establishment #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Seyed Mohammad Khatami: If this venomous propaganda atmosphere continues, we have to say ...... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Saeedeh Kordinejd and Zoia Hasani, members of Mosharekat party and nationwide 88 campaign, have also been arrested #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Abbas Koosha had also been arrested last week in Qom but was released after a few days He was re-arrested by the security forces last night
    about 17 hours ago from web Abbas Koosha, member of the political office of Mosharekat party, was arrested again last night #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Police force commander: The police force arrested 1032 individuals in Tehran during the recent "riots" #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web سخنان مهم خاتمی را اینجا بخوانید http://www.khatami.ir/fa/ne...
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: some of the elites will seek to protect the violated rights of people by releasing documents and taking legal actions #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: No opportunity to illuminate the extent of this big lie and its historic repercussions should be lost #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: The cheats and liars are only sheltering behind the law only purporting to impose their intentions. #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .....a military and security based government and deteriorate #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web It's our revolutionary responsibility to not let the blood of hundred thousands of martyrs degrades into ........#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: it's our historic mission to continue our protest and not abandon retrieving people's rights #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi to ppl:We came together, to reject inquiries into people's private affairs to appal propagating hatred and conspiracy #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: How can we ask people to spend their religious faith trusting us when they're being blatantly lied to?#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: How can people trust a regime which imprisons its friends, colleagues and children olely because of its own illusions #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .......security forces, in lieu of this reliance point. #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: There is danger ahead, A establishment which relied on public trust for 30 years cannot replace....... #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web .........fall into the verge of granting advantage to foreigners#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: We're worried that this government due to its multitude of intrinsic and extrinsic weaknesses........#iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi: From now on, we have a gov. whose legitimacy isn't recognized by the majority of people, myself included #iranelection
    about 17 hours ago from web The 9th statement of Mousavi regarding affirmation of the results by the Guardian Council http://bit.ly/168zyd #iranelection#IranElection
    about 17 hours ago from web Mousavi:If I had known Rahbar(supreme leader) likes ahmadinejad this much I would have thought of another alternative #iranelection

hey somethign with out beatigns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfoW...layer_embedded

post waht you find! and thanks for readign thease with me x fingers bigbow and the people are safe or will be safe

Last edited by liam.c; July 2nd, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://transmontanus.blogspot.com/20...-anothers.html
    http://transmontanus.blogspot.com/20...g-part-ii.html

parts one and 2 of a blog with more info , very well writen ,

floris didden sent me the links , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floris yah, after readign them its hard to not feel it too !.

the new green brief will be out soon .

genral strike is starting

a large number of plain cloths were patroling Behesh Zahra cemetery

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07...y5129152.shtml Iran Police Invent Interpol Probe In Neda Death

Today, thousands of people of Tehran visited the graves of martyrs to honour them with flowers. #iranelection #gr88
    7 min ago · Reply · Retweet · View tweet

Mourning mothers will gather in Laleh, Andisheh & Mellat parks on Saturday July 4

Mousavi: In a trip, a 19-year-old gave me a green scarf & we thought this might work.

Mahsa Amrabadi, Etemad Melli journalist, has been detained for over 2 weeks & her family are worried According to Amrabadi's family, Mahsa is pregnant & her condition is unknown.

http://televisionwashington.com/floa...n&t=1&id=11777

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1728006.html Mousavi faces prison threat

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...HIQgV5piOxYxng Germany's Merkel hopes G-8 summit will send "strong message of unity" on Iran

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8119658.stm The man who tried to save Neda

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...arrest030.html Iranian report says Canadian journalist admits bias

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...ion/index.html Attacks, arrests slowing online news from Iran

Last edited by liam.c; July 2nd, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big bow My Persian Brother I As A Persian Man like to say we will prevail The Green wave will reach freedom Just keep this up guy's let's do this for one last time.

Movafagh bashi dadash

Jason Manley We Persians are O.K we just are busy with making History we have a long way to go to reach freedom

"AHMADINEJAD IS NOT OUR PRESIDENT" Down with that ape!

Choose to live a life that matters.

* My sketch book : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=117461

**My finished work : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...38#post1632938
    O.K now let`s ROCK

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amir the night wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Be save Amir, and make some history .

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Floris Didden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=Floris Didden;2326077]Be save Amir, and make some history .[/QUOTE

I second that !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope that the West doesn't get too involved in this. Not that I don't wish the protesters well. All success to them, but if the West meddles, historically, it only seems to make things worse.

Edit; I just found this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8131095.stm

55. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oxfordgirl More reports ppl bury their dead in Behesht Zahra were attacked by basij yesterday

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5902993.story Iran election result makes a U.S. overture more difficult

http://www.brainhop.com/Fraud.html posted befor

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07...trial-in-iran/ http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07...trial-in-iran/ <<< no i dont knwo if i rember this corrently but isent screwign with and embasy an act of war ?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#5F1BOY...08172,00.html/ Beaten Back, Iran's Opposition Looks To Reform From Within >>> time seems to want to throw in the towel , dont knwo if the peopel agree with them

oxfordgirl
    Guardian Council announce that British Embassy employees 2 B prosecuted 4 spying - possible death sentence - RT It was Janati and said UK staff will face trial for involvement in protests

PPl R mistaking Watercannon vehicles 4 tanks on streets irn. ths belong 2 Police not 2 army. The army is not out on streets.

EU governments are considering withdrawing ambassadors to Iran in protest at arrest UK Iranian staff at embassy

there seems to be alot of talk of violence in raction to the attacks on the protestors , but the big voices on the potester side say , no dont use violence

Iran mobiles and sms out again today. Reports of trouble Behesht Zahra

seem some are verry down today <more so then usual >, but others are hopefull<less so then usual >

from yesterday >prosecution of protesters started. ,Saeed Mortazavi, man in charge, indicates dozens B sentenced 2 death

Ali Khamenei- - Banque Cantonale (Lausanne/CH) Acct. # 71713: US$ 73.2 Millions pluss the 1.6 billin lol wow hes bankin off iran but wait theres more>> Ali Khamenei- - Corner Bank (Geneve/CH) Acct. # 217824: US$ 97 Millions

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07022009...est_177132.htm A SUDDENLY MOST UNWELCOME GUEST >>>or amadi snubed

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...rss_topstories Zakaria: Iran regime has become a 'naked dictatorship'

http://enduringamerica.com/2009/07/0...the-long-haul/ The Latest from Iran (3 July): The Long Haul?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101 Iran to review ties with states sponsoring terrorism <presstv ;/ >

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/inte...-dead-detained some added faces

http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=15676&size=A Tehran steps up crackdown as protest continues

http://iran.whyweprotest.net/news-cu...-july-2-a.html green breif #16

I'm NiteOwl AKA Josh Shahryar - twitter.com/iran_translator on twitter - and I've been immersed in tweets from Iran for the past several hours. I have tried to be extremely careful in choosing my tweet sources. What I have compiled below is what I can confirm through my reliable twitter sources. Remember, this is all from tweets. [B](My work is released under Creative Commons (CC). So use it freely)

These are the important happenings that I can positively confirm from Thursday, July 02 in Iran.

In Dutch: http://tinyurl.com/lrk37g

In German: http://kyrah.net/gr88/gb16.html

In Greek: http://tinyurl.com/nwke32

In Hebrew: http://tinyurl.com/mqooe8

In Italian: Gonzo Times � Blog Archive � 02/07/2009: Report di fine giornata

In Portuguese: http://tiny.cc/1Zd39

In Russian: http://tinyurl.com/mxooox

In Spanish: http://tinyurl.com/n549ps

In Swedish: http://greenbrief.blogspot.com/

Protests

1. Thousands of people gathered at Iran’s Beheshte Zahra Cemetery, along with other smaller cemeteries, to mourn the people who have died in the protests. The numbers were hard to confirm, but various sources claimed somewhere between 10,000 – 15,000. Large numbers of Basijis were reported to have been stationed in and around Beheshte Zahra Cemetery, but no clashes were reported. Shopkeepers in Tabriz have reportedly stopped their strikes because of government intimidation and threats made by the Basijis.

2. Mousavi’s Facebook page asked for protesters to form a human chain this Sunday – we could not confirm this through other sources. Meanwhile, about 120 women from the group “Mourning Mothers” gathered at Laleh Park again today and lit candles in memory of the fallen protesters. They have planned mass gatherings in Laleh, Andisheh and Mellat parks for July 4. Relatives of detainees yet again gathered in front of Evin Prison today and asked for the release of their loved ones.

Government

3. Hard-line Parliament members today again called on the Judiciary to prosecute Mousavi for allegedly breaking the law by calling for protests and for instigating violence. The call had been made in the past as well and several state-run newspapers have also made similar demands in the past few days. Unconfirmed reports from Qom and Khorasan indicate that more and more clerics are considering denouncing the government’s actions; declaring the protests as legitimate.

4. Samareh Hashemi, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s campaign manager, told PressTV today that the SMS outage and cell phone service restrictions were put in place to "ensure security" during and after the election. He added that Mousavi wasn’t really an opposition leader because “his views closely match those of the governments.” Furthermore, he claimed that the candidates KNOW that the election was as impartial as any before, and that no voting fraud had taken place.

5. More international pressure is being mounted on Iran’s Government. There will be an EU meeting next week where it is reported that member nations will consider pulling their ambassadors from Iran. Russia’s foreign ministry announced today that Russia opposed international sanctions against Iran and that the election and its aftermath were Iran’s internal issues that needed to be dealt with by Iranians, MosNews reported. A former Justice Minister of Canada, Irwin Cotler, has asked the international community to ban Ahmadinejad from entering their countries, Deutsche-Welle reported.

6. Al-Arabiya’s website has stated that an Egyptian lawyer belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood, Mamdouh Ismail has filed a complaint in Egypt’s Prosecutor General’s Office. He has asked them to ban Ahmadinejad from entering Egypt next month to attend a diplomatic meeting. He has accused Ahmadinejad of winning the election erroneously and for insulting two of Prophet Mohammed’s companions.

Arrests, Casualties, Releases

7. Seven people were arrested in Qazvin today in connection with the protests. The head of Participation Front in Hormozgan Province, Mr. Ramezanpour, was also arrested. The government-owned media now claims that 20 people have died in the post-election protests. Real numbers are hard to obtain, but the number is reportedly much higher than what the Iranian media has reported. On a positive note, Iranian journalists Maryam Ameri and Omid Mohaddes were released from prison today in Tehran.

8. Saeed Hajjarian – a prominent politician and backer of Mousavi – is being said to be in deteriorating health. Hajjarian has diabetes – a very serious condition that requires daily care. Amnesty International today once again called upon the government to release Hajjarian. On Wednesday, Newsweek asked Iran for the immediate release of their reporter, Maziar Bahari, who was arrested on June 21, 2009. Newsweek rejected accusations by the Iranian media that Bahari had a hand in the post-election violence. Bahari has since been denied access to a lawyer.

9. Media reports of six protesters, reportedly hung in Evin Prison, were denied by the government. Iranian Student’s News Agency reported via their website that the aforementioned individuals were accused of killing their spouses and other people. They made neither implications nor correlations with the “prisoners” and the post-election arrests.

10. Interpol today denied that the witness to Neda Agha-Soltan’s death is wanted by the Interpol. They also denied receiving any requests from the Iranian government for his arrest. Iranian media and government have claimed that the witness, Arash Hejazi, was wanted by the Interpol. Unconfirmed reports suggest that the Iranian government’s intelligence agencies as well as the Ministry of Islamic Guidance are compiling a list of Iranian journalists which will be barred from traveling abroad.

11. Reports of torture at Evin and other Iranian prisons are continuing to mount. Some sources claim that detainees are being beaten every night and others are being water-boarded with hot water in order to coerce confessions from them.

Statements

12. Yet another Ayatollah has joined the cause of the protesters. Ayatollah Bayat-Zanjani today said that the demand for justice and protesting for one’s rights was legal. He also denounced the suppression of protesters and called the act illegitimate. He asked Mousavi to stand for justice and help people obtain their rights. Zanjani joins Ayatollahs Taheri, Ghaffari and Montazeri in supporting the cause of the protesters. Karoubi again announced today that he would not recognize the current government and would continue to stand by the people in their quest for their rights – even if it took the rest of his life.

13. It has been reported that Rafsanjani, who is one of the Imams that lead Friday Prayers in Tehran's largest mosque, has declined to lead prayers there again. Last week, his spot was first filled by Khamenei, but Khamenei pulled out at the last minute leaving Ahmad Khatami to lead the prayers. Rafsanjani is not planning to attend this Friday's Prayers either.

Media

14. Parlemaan News website has been blocked by the government. The website was one of the only remaining sources of impartial news for the Iranian people. The government closed it after it posted several of Mousavi’s statements and Khatami’s criticism of the government. Parlemaan News – parlemaan means parliament in Persian – is the official news website of the Imam’s Way faction of MP’s in the Iranian Parliament. They had been warned last week by security forces and the Judiciary to restrict criticism of the government.

15. The BBC reported today that the Kingdom of Jordan had banned Iran’s state-run Al-Alam and Press TV stations from broadcasting in Jordan and revoked their operating permits. Al-Alam broadcasts news in Arabic and Press TV is the main English language news channel of Iran. The latter today showed footage of what they called ‘thugs attacking Basiji Headquarters in Tehran’ – but the footage only showed several protesters chanting in front of the headquarters at an unspecified date. The recording didn’t show any of the ‘thugs’ actually using any of Molotov cocktails they were holding.

Communications

16. Even though SMS was back in Tehran yesterday, reports indicate that it has been cut-off once again. Sources indicated that they had asked twitter users from Tehran to NOT text each other using the service because it could be a ploy by the government to find dissidents. There are reports that Iran’s main telecom companies were trained in China in “how to weed out dissidents using their data posted on the net,” as well as monitoring and other techniques.

17. Although yesterday’s news of four un-opened ballot boxes found in Shiraz couldn’t be verified, reliable sources indicate that the Governor of Fars Province, where Shiraz is located, announced today that the boxes were from past elections. He added that they will be stored as National Documents. Mohammad Reza Nasab-Abdollahi, the journalist that broke the news, has been reportedly intimidated by the government and is being pressured to recant his report and deny the previous claim.

18. Chants of Allah o Akbar again echoed across Iran. Reports have suggested that dozens of people – in some cases the residents of entire apartment buildings – have been arrested by Basijis for chanting on their rooftops at night. Residents in Northern Tehran have also been warned that they should either stop chanting or risk losing their satellite antennas. Satellite antennas are illegal in the country, but widely owned by the public.

(Rest below)

Last edited by NiteOwl; 5 Hours Ago at 08:26 AM.

12 Hours Ago #2 (permalink)
    NiteOwl

Read this if you want to help or get help!

Helpers:

A. We currently are trying to get the Brief out in as many languages as possible. If you can translate the brief for us in a language other than English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch or Greek, please let us know. It comes out every day so it'll be an every day thing so it's for the long haul. But if you can even do a summary, it will be great! Email me on dbosca@gmail.com if you're interested.

B. You could retweet this link and let more people know about what’s going in Iran.

C: If you would like to help out with compiling all the news stories from Iran in a geo-spatial context, please request for sub-editorship at http://anonnet.org/webirc/iran.aic - Check out the website for the project at: http://iranmap.whyweprotest.net or email me at dbosca@gmail.com.

D. The government in Iran is still increasing internet filtering and throttling in an attempt to silence their people. Anonymous info shows that many in Iran are looking for proxy and Tor information in Tehran and all around the country. Please donate your bandwidth to help bring down the Iran Curtain. Here are links on how to help and get help on this:

English:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor and the Iranian Election - Bring down the Iran Curtain | Ian's Brain

Farsi:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor: ?????? Tor

Help us set up more bridges on Tor here: http://gonzotimes.net/?page_id=500

im going to be really busy next coupel of days and will try and update waht i find , but time will be short so if u get a chance have a look around and post what you find !

xing fingers for all of us to be safe and happy . bigbow were all thinkign of u and the people ! be safe .

57. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a great article about the Daily Show's parody of cnn just before the uprising. It's fascinating and describes how the 'fake' news is sometimes doing a better job of informing the public than the 'real' news.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...ws-goes-global

Liam: thank you for keeping this thread going man.

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

59. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steak-tron For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1