Newborn-
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Newborn-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn-

A little bit naive at the moment, but so are all newborns...

I skipped the presentation Thread, I promise to check it out later, but there is so much to read and see in this forum that I feel it can be days and days until I start posting. I also feel I have a new home in the net.

Now that I have time decided to give a try at this contest and to go into digital painting. Actually this is going to be my first digital paint, so the Newborn thema suits perfect to me. After thinking a bit, I think I will do something hi tech on the background, but the human fetus will stay like this. I thought of two robotic hands on the background, holding the fetus, protecting it... I can think of many reasons to this but the topic is nothing but long discussed (machines protecting/growing humans)... Sort of that.

As I said it might be a little naive at the end, but to be my first try I preferr to complicate myself not too much (we´ll see it at the end...).

I think I might have some troubles with the light direction ( fetus figure is not so bad, thogh some shadows look weird to me...).

Please feel free to post any comment/critic.

I love being here.

Last edited by ga!; June 17th, 2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Image size/update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Newborn in physical terms? oh yea! hmmm.

[random thread jack]
    -I've read newborns don't start to see colours in a certain amount of weeks.
    -What else are they not aware of and that, it slowly develops, or introduced.

[I love action, so I would really love this piece if that newborn started developing big muscles. Why? [You ask] To avenge the waking slap given by the doctor. kidding.]

Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments dwardo, I promise to do something more comical if I have enough time to. Just for you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the idea is something like this.

Robot hands need all the texture and details. I have to check many threads and works to get an idea of how to draw hi-tec parts (with a mouse!) with PS.

And I still have to choose a proper background. Maybe some futuristic city on the far away...

Not really convinced about the cell surrounding the figure but it could work...

Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    at this point, the cell looks like a cheesy photoshop filter * i knowit's not, but something about it doesn't look right*. it looks more like a halo than a cell....is he supposed to be encased int he cell? if so--maybe adding some shading/highlights to show the shape of the cell around him? Please don't take my crit offensively, i don't know how else to describe it other than it looks almost like a modified photoshop lens flare

But for a mouse I"m impressed
    I dont' know much about robots, but I think if you use shape tools, and paint with hard edges, you can do it with the mouse

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks hala! Actually you´re right. It´s not a filter but it looks like... The thing is that I just have some troubles to decide myself about the meaning I want to give to this.

Right now I´m working on a totally different background, just keeping the shape of the human-fetus, wich I still like.

There are some really nice works on this thread, each time I come here get inspired.

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The main problem I see is that the baby's positional is not original. Maybe having a third eye and showing it become aware will overcome it. Whatever you choose, have fun and learn with it.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.