Sketchbook: Kitfox's Sketchbook - Page 2

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

afternoon studies, fearless scribbling

Some quick leg studies from Bridgman's book, tried to keep my lines loose but strong. Then a few really quick expression sketches, haven't really tackled that subject before.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very good studies .

On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see you pick up the pencil again and concrats for ending your service. Ohi on

Bridgmans are looking good. To learn more efficiently, try to apply some value and also put into use what you have learned right away. I suggest you read http://deadoftheday.blogspot.com/200...n-anatomy.html if you go on studying Bridgman, which of course you should do.

Keep sketching and posting.

Sketchbook

"You might be disappointed if you fail, but you will be doomed if you don't try"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kick my ass back to work, please!

@qlotzan: Thanks, I'm trying to do varied work for now to build a decent portfolio that includes something else besides just pencil drawings.

@raminafshari: Thanks for the support!

@simo: Thanks for the studying tip! I'll definitely put it to use when I do more anatomy studies. I love the way you paint, by the way. If you have any tips about your digital painting process, please let me know! I'd very much like to learn!

I didn't work very hard today... I feel guilty.

Some progress on the Amano study, though only grayscale. Not sure if it was a good idea to go grayscale first but it feels easier to work with than color. I also have problems painting tight, detailing and such, it's hard to combine the lines with paint. The original pieces does have visible lineart, but I'm not sure if I want to follow it exactly, I just want to get more familiar with the digital painting process.

Should I spend more time on lineart OR detail as I go along with grayscale OR go color and then do most of the detailing? I'm really not sure how I should go about this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

lazy day, hate being sick...

Tonal sketch. Quite happy with the process on this one but the pose started looking akward. I left it there as it was supposed to be a quick sketch. Might've found a hint about how to paint tight stuff while doing this...

/edit: Added another tone sketch, environment this time, it was fun to play with brushes.

Last edited by kitfox; October 26th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rough days...

Been a rough few days emotionally, not much art done... but I did get a job interview. Hopefully I can get the job so I can start making the money for TAD. Don't know if I'm gonna get lucky with this one though.

Put some more work into the Amano study. It's not a perfect copy, the details are off and the colors are still a bit off. Not sure I want to push this further, so I'll call it a WIP shot.

Sample of the original can be found here: http://www.elevenland.com/amano/view...inoWarrior.jpg
    It's cropped a little differently than in the art book that I have but it'll give an idea of the original piece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.