Newborn - Infinite cosmos of reproduction
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn - Infinite cosmos of reproduction

So I was looking for contests to enter, and found this by mistake! Tried emailing but kept getting a mail delivery failure, so guess I'll post my entry here. The image was reduced to 1004 by 777.( Sorry, couldn't do 1000) Original size is 1645 by 1340. This medium used was pencil, done on paper. Took approx 14 hours.

Ever since I was 8 I had these strange goals, I just dreamed of doing big things. I wanted to be an entrepreneur. Then I wanted to be an inventor, but I lost interest. One day I wanted to be a pianist and even a scientist! Everyday I encountered others, I wouldn't say a word, I stopped talking to my teachers, anybody in public. I wouldn't talk to one person,then, I wanted to talk again but I couldn't. It was too hard, there was nowhere for me to go.That all changed when I met this friend.

I always think of her,the image of me on this hilltop at night while the wind blows, stars shining till the last stardom with the rain pouring down, and the lanterns floating in the sky with the creatures hovering around. I would be standing on that hilltop and she'd come running up to me,she would hold me as the laterns in the sky started to sway. She was the one that gave me the confidence to speak again, then one day, I promised her something... I would be the greatist artist with this confidence that she gave me. I'm going to do this for my family, for my friends, for everyone because I believe that everyone should feel this confident, and I know that if I do this I can motivate everyone to reach their goals!

Ever since I had this goal, I started drawing in a different way, my own unique style. It's hard to describe the times I had with this friend. Once sentence can describe it all. Together, we flew in the sky, over the oceans, in a dream that lasted forever! We cried in the most magical legendary lake of all time. One day, this friend died from cancer, but even till this day, I still try to reach this goal for her, and that's all I can about me for now...

So I will....at all costs, reach this goal! If that means I have to do everything it takes, win every contest out there! Learn to use every medium there is, I will not stop!

Last edited by Elwell; August 26th, 2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Personal information removed
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All things in the world reproduce at a constant rate, the flowers grow day by day, and the petals fly around from the thousands of blossoms. Humans reproduce in excess. The creatures are born from beams of energy and the cosmos of reproduction... they float around and reproduce in an endless cycle. Vines that grow and reproduce from the newborn creatures, and then comes the meteor shower...but these creatures continue to multiply. Pieces of data and shattered earth float around and rise from cracks, from this data life forms are constructing themselves and extending themselves into the distance. The creatures that reach the last phase of the cycle release their energy and strands of energy back into the drifting light. All creatures are forming from the natural causes.

Last edited by thetylervo; June 17th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that was deep and heart felt. That's a great attitude and motivation you have, and a very detailed pic as well.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Allot of passionate words at the moment!

one question, what are you trying to show here? It looks really complex
    A strong concept is a simple concept!
    Take into account that with such a complex piece as yours, you will have to be able to draw people in and make them understand what you are trying to express just by looking at this piece.

Last edited by EVIL; June 15th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wait, this is it (according to the opening post)? I don't want to burst your bubble but you need allot more to win this contest then that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This piece seems to be about disguising the amount of drawing practice you need with lots of abstract details. You need a better concept man, and don't be afraid of your weaknesses; face them. Go simple.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After reading your post Liffey I can totally agree with you about the major detail, so I'm going to fix a few things. I will simplify this a bit, but the concept will still be as intricate and remain the same. For now, I'll leave all of the abstract details as they are since I'm still working on it. Later, things will be slightly more realistic.

Last edited by thetylervo; June 17th, 2009 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A detailed concept is a strong concept because an intricate concept is fully expressed with total possibility to the highest extent. The more detailed, the more thorough, meaning the more explored leading to unique possibilities.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Going to put up the next part soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.