Anyone going to AAU's SUmmer program?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone going to AAU's SUmmer program?

Just wondering if anyone is going to San francisco's academy of art for their summer program this year, if so we could share schedules and chat @ orientation

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to the summer program this year!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome! what are you taking?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Graphic Design, Character Design and Visual Development, Comic Illustration, and Intro to Animation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is your comic illustration.. the illustration 2 : digital painting? If it is, when are you taking that ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went to the program last summer...hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I did. I'm going there this fall
    And make sure you make the most of it. If you don't it could be easy to get sidetracked from what you're really there for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rossipoo View Post
    Is your comic illustration.. the illustration 2 : digital painting? If it is, when are you taking that ?
    Nah, just regular Comic Illustration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey jackpot_anjr90.. what did you take @ the summer program?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took comic illustration, traditional animation, game design, and clothed figure drawing. My favorite was traditional animation...very inspirational class for me. The figure drawing classes really helped me a lot too. I'm going there as an illustration major though since I realized I want to do concept art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you know anything about..

Illustration 2: digital painting
    Figure drawing
    Product/toy design
    Motorcyle/car design..

could you tell me?

and what was your favorite thing to do after class? or did you just go home?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wasn't in any of those classes so I can't really say. My roommate over there was in motorcycle/car design though and he was really good. He didn't tell me much about his class except that he got a crap load of work. I could tell from the number of hours he'd spend working too. He enjoyed it though.
    The last day there was the exhibition of the final projects. All the work from that class looked really good and so did the figure drawings. The other two classes you mentioned might be new to the summer program because I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about them.
    Things to do after class...there's so much to do in the city. One of my favorite things to do was go by the pier (I think it was called Pier 39). There's some really good seafood there (the seagulls are vicious though and might come after your food...they're HUGE too!). You should definitely go to the Pier on July 4th to see the fireworks with a bunch of friends. It was a foggy night so all we could really see were flashes of light through a thick fog...but still great to be there...REALLY packed though. But yeah...there's a lot to do and you'll be close to a lot of good spots.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    are the clothes or stuff cheap there? I might just browse around and buy stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well the city is known to be pretty expensive. You'll be able to find some good deals of you look hard enough though.
    If my guess is correct then you're starting the program within the next couple of weeks, right? If you can, buy all (or at least most) of your supplies BEFORE orientation. Chances are you're gonna go to the Utrecht art supplies store. Right after orientation when they tell you that you can tour or buy supplies, that's when people SWARM to the store and it's really packed. Best to get that out of the way sooner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks but i dont know WHAT to buy before the orientation.. , Don't they give a list of what i should buy? And actually i start in 7-9 days.. I forgot.. LOL

if you could tell me where the art store is or What to buy for the classes im taking.. that would be nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I remember correctly they give you the supplies list in a folder with other important papers at the beginning of orientation. If you can't get the list earlier you could probably find out what supplies are needed for the classes from a staff member. If that doesn't work then you might just be better off waiting for the store to clear out before going.
    Judging from the classes you're taking you're probably gonna be asked to get charcoal, a sheet of sandpaper to sharpen it, and newsprint paper (I think it was 18x24) for figure drawing. I don't know anything about the toy design class. Not sure what you'll need for car design but I'd bet my money that you're gonna need a corkback ruler. Digital illustration probably wont ask much since you'll probably just use their computers. Since you're probably gonna be carrying big stuff for your classes you're gonna want to by a portfolio to carry your stuff in.
    The Utrecht store is near the main school building on New Montgumery...just keep walking past that main building to the next block and it'll be on the left side of the street.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.