Sketchbook: Kristen's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kristen's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kristen's Sketchbook

Hey there, just going to post some of my latest concepts here!

For the Night Sand image:
    I was playing Guild Wars and noticed how there were no night scenes or any real good environment designs for their deserts. I really wanted to jot down my vision of a good environment.. so here you are. It's really a speed paint, so I didn't pay attention to detail much.

For the texture in the sand I used the basic Spatter brushes in Photoshop.

Critique anything about this, I really don't mind.

For the Creepy, Creepy Stare image:
    I was playing Penumbra and was sort of "inspired" per se, to draw something kind of blah-gargoyle-cliché. I really personally enjoyed doodling this sketch, and it hasn't been critiqued yet so be my guest. I know the shading on the body/chest area is pretty bad. But I don't care much, it's just a sketch to me.

I used the Airbrush Hard Round brush the most with this, trying to avoid using any manipulation tools. This way I could master blending colors and shades on my own, and from what I can see, I'm getting better at it.

Nothing much else to say..

For the Happy Trees:

This environment sketch is rather old. One could say this is my first environment concept actually. I am still rather proud of it though, because the vague details and minimalistic techniques I used really created a memory-oriented feel for me. After all, this image is based off of the nostalgia of my childhood in Redding, CA.

For Change with the Sands of Time:
    I was daydreaming at my usual thinking spot, and imagined an old man letting sand slip through his fingers. I decided to capture that vision this way. There is much room for improvement in this image, though it was made a while ago.

I used only Photoshop for this image with a lot of airbrushing tools from the default brush palette.

I don't really expect any critique from this, since I see myself as constantly improving and already know what's wrong with it. If you want to critique though, you're more than welcome.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More stuffs I doodled today. This is my first line art-type of doodle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another environment concept of mine..
    I was inspired by the famous Paro Taktsang for this practice drawing. I really wanted to work on improving my rock drawing techniques, and this really helped.

I used Photoshop for this, no specific techniques. I used some texture brushes in Photoshop as well for the speckling in the rocks.
    You can critique if you wish.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.