Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks

the hagian supermagus!

@jaro: thanks man! *highfives* some really nice words from a really sharp artist! went through your sketchbook and holy crap has it got some tight stuff! awesome work pal! thanks for dropping by!

-------

worked on another alien soldier! alot of fun with this guy. i always wondered why wizards didn't just use two staffs? they'd be twice as powerful!!

it's the hagian supermagus!

lo' its the hagian supermagus! descended from the equally disgusting and amazing hag fishes native to our own planet!

the hagians have always been very amazing science-mages since way back when they thought they were just messing around with "magic" and weren't aware that it was just super-science being effected by their wills and hand gestures.

once they engadged in the "war of the wizards" (an interplanetary battle between magicians) the hagians were outnumbered by the numerous swarms of the swarmians they had to think fast. the hagians decided to double their numbers by equipping all their mages with TWO magic staves! this doubled the size and effect of all their tricks and the swarmians were quickly annihilated with a few boughts of lightning balls and the odd lava-syringe.

centuries past and the hagian supermagus is still represented by their military, teleporting across the galaxy with a science focusing staff in each hand and a mean streak for any foe they run into. their science magic has become refined to a degree that it has not been able to be duplicated by anyone else in the galaxy.

the dual-staff science slinging style has also been managed only by the supermagus. any other race that has attempted this art has been met with agonizingly fatal results. bottom line is that its best to leave the dual staff wielding to the hagian supermagus' (obviously).

Attachment 747856
    -jouste the drawbarian
    :sketchbook:
    >devart<

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to jouste For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Woot pushed your thread over the edge to 5 stars!

Kick ass work as always man... so much so i might post this comment on both pc and here... well maybey not

Keep it up.

Thanks
    You're a badass. Love your work

Thanks
    Wonderful characters design! I like how you use the details. 5 stars

Thanks
    Really enjoyed looking at your sketchbook. Great Characters!

Thanks
    You get some serious style points, for these werks. Your character designs are supoib, with great wit and fnarr.

cheerio

Thanks
    Wow! Nice characters in here. I like your sketching style. Many dynamic forms. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Man, I've been so uptight with my art process and studies lately it has gotten me down. Your stuff inspired me to just start having fun again with drawing and painting, loosening up. Keep up the good work!

Thanks

the lazarus legion!

@muz: thanks so much dude! i shall keep up the work. i'm so used to seeing you +1 z and rocking on at polycount!

@johnstump:
    thanks dude. i always wanted to be badass.

@arden ray: wow really flattered for that rating dude, your stuff is really incredible. thanks for stopping by man. i look forward to keeping in touch.

@vshen: thanks! i loooove doing characters! glad you like em!

@young paddy1: great! glad you dig it dude. i'll make sure i'll keep up the werks, thanks for stopping by!

@deodatus: the forms shall keep coming friend!

@cole.ossus: thanks soooo much for saying that pal.

i think if anyone can snag anything from me its to be able to have fun with art. if you're loose and having fun, people are gonna HAVE fun experiencing it, WE ALL WIN! hooray! *high fives*

-------

drew this pretty late, thought it would be cool to have an army of super-old war vets... that can stay in the war and keep fighting!!!

the lazarus legion!

there comes a time in any hard-core, gun toting, star-soldier's career that time kicks in and turns him from a hardened space commando into a senile ridden veteran. luckily with the invention of the lazarus suit they can keep the war going on well past their years!

the lazarus suit injects a horrible cocktail of chemicals and space-ox blood into the wearer that preserves both their body and mind. they are a little tricky to keep properly maintained and tend to wheeze a lot and constantly alert enemies to their location. the constant bickering about "the good ol' days" is another reason that the lazarus legion can never sneak up on anyone.

a lot of the members of the lazarus legion have been kept alive so long with crazy cocktails of drugs and gases that they've been promoted well through the standard military space code. this leads to medal saturation among the ranks of the century old soldiers and some pretty obscure titles. the actual structure of military ranking has collapsed so badly in the lazarus legion that they rarely listen to anyone other than themselves.

from this image we see that they aren't the greatest shots (although that target was placed 2 light years away so give him some props).

Attachment 756212
    -jouste the drawbarian
    >devart<

Thanks
    fantastic characters! subscribed! and the character notes are-------> great!

Thanks
    Hag fish FTW, I just had to say that cause I love that character. Awesome sb, lots of style and reminds me of ol' Earthworm Jim. Very cool. Look forward to more.

Thanks
    Love the character references you're laying out. I do think that helps make a character more real, in a sense.
    And sorry I've been gone a bit! Life got unexpectedly busy. :/ Can't wait for future posts!
    Sketchbook

"Drive faster, boy..."
    The Killers -- Midnight Show

Thanks

lunq the planet peeler!

@smokenmirrors: hooray! thanks so much for reading them all! i love writing them

@Izer: doug tennapel is probably one of the greatest artists in existence, i've always aspired to be as good as that guy. thanks for saying that! that is a super awesome thing to say as far as i'm concerned

@ohnojenny: hope you're life calmed down a bit ohnojenny! thanks for the nice comments. always a slice of awesome pie to hear from you ;D

-------

had to get another alien soldier done up to re-organize my brain meats.

look out galaxy!

it's lunq the planet peeler!

lunq is one of the wielders of the cosmic brands; intense weapons that are so insanely powerful they are in a constant state of exploding and must be contained in a magnetic stasis scabbard that locally slows down time around the blade.

when brandished the cosmic brands have been known to detonate planetary cores, ignite atmospheres, and make nickleback not suck. there are only a few of these truly amazing swords in existence the known ones are "flaggrus, the eternal sunderer of suns", "hrr'zuuh, the galactic galvanizer" and "steve"

lunq won his weapon at a pot-luck as a door prize in a general mix up of deliveries (hey, nobody's perfect). once armed with the fabled "steve" lunq became a major player in the great cosmic game. ending violent demi-gods and quenching destructive galaxies before they even get a chance to spawn anything awful.

wish lunq luck as him and steve scour the galaxy for existence ending threats!

Attachment 780970
    -jouste the drawbarian
    >devart<

Thanks
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 2,528 Posts
    Still following your SB, and I cannot say anything more than you are fantastic!

Thanks
    omg yeeeeeeees. Steve is the shit!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast