Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    I have no crits at all, very nice work! I'd actually like to see your work in a comic.

--edit-- I'm not a fan of digital art at all, but something is definitely alluring about your work. Can't pin it down, but you've got a digital style I like.

Doctors heal you, Artists immortalize you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" - bullshit.

The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

annelidian rifleman!

@omerta: excellent! thanks so much. its an honor to be able to inspire others! thanks for the comments pal and i will talk to you soon!

@thegnoll: sweet! *highfives* it's all about the fun as far as i'm concerned. and i appreciate your compliments on my enviro stuff. the unearthly challenge start in august this year and i'll be entering it again, you should as well!

most likely i'll be more focused than the last one. probably only 1 or two pieces so i can bring them up to a better quality.

my biggest boost of confidence is when the "skytumor" was picked for 7th place by the valve judge lol.

@austenfm: haha awesome! glad you dig waldo and the thought sniper. and bon scott sure was awesome. thanks for checking out my stuff dude, it's always good to hear from you.

@hitnrun: thanks for the vote of confidence in a comic man! i just need to pick out a character i like (or everybody else likes) the most. glad to hear you are liking my digital style. i'm horrendous at anything traditional that's beyond pen and paper so the digital medium has been kind to sloppy dudes like me

--------

so i felt like doing a more concepty sheet of a generic soldier of an alien race (i need some bad-goons to be able to take down ;D). so i came up with the annelidians!

the annelidian rifleman!

far across the galaxy lives the disgusting race of annelidians, vicious hermaphrodites that sustain their horrible reign by consuming the blood of all who oppose them. annelidians are quite floppy and need multiple braces to keep their pliable bodies rigid and able to wield conventional weapons.

the annelidians keep loads of their prisoners of war on their awful blood farms and use the steady supply of vitae pumping to fill their gigantic supply silos. these silos fuel all the advancements of the annelidians, their brains only work at full capacity when they are on a full belly of blood (i'm sure we can relate). when an annelidian is starved they regress into a feral state, lose all reason, and will do anything to get a mouthful of blood.

here we see standard issue gear for the average annelidian soldier:

-cobalt flares are useful for both signaling supply drops and melting holes through heavily re-enforced hulls.

-the personal shield generator (PSG) can be set to absorb 3 energy blasts before needing a full day's recharge. they can only be activated for 15 minutes at a time.

-the slicerknife has been shown on countless galactic infomercials as an affordable way to eviscerate your foes and finely chop all your fruits and vegetables!

-the cook rifle has an abysmal rate of fire but makes up for that with unstable metallic rounds (UMRs). the inside of these rounds are made up of two dangerously unstable types of metal that are separated by a magnetic field.

when these bullets are "cooked" in the main housing of the gun they react with violently with each other creating a miniaturized explosion that can pretty much bore through anything.

the rifle takes up a lot of energy to maintain the "cooking" state so it is advisable to have a good idea of what you are shooting at before readying a round.

Name:  annelidian_rifleman_sm.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  459.6 KB

(a big thank you to my good pal curt-rod who helped me devise what a cook rifle would actually do.)

-jouste the drawbarian
    :sketchbook:
    >devart<

Thanks

lou garoux! the space werewolf saboteur extraordinaire!

being a hit-ship for hire lou used his werewolf powers to amplify his sabotaging abilities but could only work well during the full moon. so he did what every other smart werewolf would do. get a chunk of the moon and wear it around his neck like some kind of cosmic bling!

with his perma-werewolfism lou quickly became notorious around the galaxy as the most efficient hit-ship on the market and the jobs came flooding in.

hit-ships are like hit-men but they usually target ships or satellites or other kind of important tech. ships are a super rarity in space and super guarded and expensive. tactical destruction can seriously mess up a merchant line or important trade route.

we can see that lou has his trademark "holemaker" pistol that takes a multitude of rounds, each one being able to punch holes into a variety of metals, punish nervous systems, or knockout electronics.

the thing on his waist is a "blackbox" not to be confused with our plane's black boxes. these things have enough nano-bots to repair up too two fatal wounds. so its like having a health gauge in a video game. we can see here that his black box is all topped up so he should be able to take a couple hits before he needs to rely on his werewolf regenerative powers.

Name:  lou_garoux_sm.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  527.2 KB

-jouste the drawbarian
    >devart<

Thanks
    These are great!!! Creative and lively. Well drawn. I'm inspired!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts
    Outstanding creativity. The following stories by your characters are phenomenal and create a real image and three dimension of the person. I see that you got you own coloring method and your own kind of armor design which is very nice. Following this thread.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    reminds me of the art work by the artist that draws or drew ren and stimpy very cool

Please visit my sketchbook ….I love the feed back
    CHEERS!
    SketchbOOK!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98822

The greatest achievement is selflessness.
    The greatest worth is self-mastery.
    The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.

Thanks

dyrt soldier!

@hazart: great! *highfives* always good to hear that someone is inspired! thanks for checking out my sketchbook dude.

@ltplissken: wow! super nice things to say friend. many thanks, as usual its words like that that keep one's morale up. and i've tried to keep an original armor style on my dudes thanks for noticing.

and i know my stories tend to drag on but i really can't help it. i fall for my characters and want to see them in a universe thriving.

thanks for stopping by! look forward to hearing from you again.

@iceman478: john K.? really? i can't see the resemblance too much but that is cool you think that (it could be that we are both candian ;P), glad to hear you like the work!

-------

a dyrt soldier!

dyrts are an extremely tough race of bipeds that live off of raw minerals decended from marsworms (a lot like earthworms but from mars). being extremely durable and able to regenerate at a very high rate; dyrts make excellent shock troopers and have been hired on as everything from guards to soldiers.

a steady diet of metals and ground has made dyrts take on many of thier foods attributes and some dyrts can be recognized simply from the radiation signature they give off in relation to the planets that carry the same signature. a prime example is the heavily irradiated glow-dyrts that have been known to take out entire frat parties by just showing up.

in this picture we can see that this particular dyrt has had a cruel joke played on him in the form of a sign and some tape. we can also see that due to their enormous sizes they are treated as vehicles and therefore given out license plates and signal lights.

this dyrt is equipped with a standard "1 ton issue" that is given to all aliens weighing in the neighborhood of 1 metric ton. this includes:

- militarium plate armor. militarium was discovered quite recently and quickly became the standard material for heavy duty weaponry. with its dull green color, militarium didn't need to be painted saving hundreds of dollars in manufacturing fees.

- 2 disruption grenades, these babies are used for taking out electronics and communication signals as well as destroying nervous systems on class-4 and over creatures (that includes us). think of them as flash bangs that separate your optic nerves from your eyeballs among other things.

- the impact rifle is a hard hitting weapon that deploys so much force that its been known to punch holes through starship hulls without too much of a problem. they are favorable to those who can wield them because there is rarely a mess to clean up later.

the impact rifle uses shells not unlike a terrestrial shotgun and can hold 4 rounds at a time. historically impact rifles were created when a scientist made the universe's most powerful shotgun and then taped it to another one just like it.

Name:  dyrt_soldier_web.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  509.4 KB

-jouste the drawbarian
    >devart<

Thanks
    Hey Jouste! I can't help but smile when looking through your sketchbook, so many amusing characters and you have a great style. I think the overlay of the subtle texture works nicely in the last few. I also appreciate your funny and informative descriptions. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks

the hagian supermagus!

@jaro: thanks man! *highfives* some really nice words from a really sharp artist! went through your sketchbook and holy crap has it got some tight stuff! awesome work pal! thanks for dropping by!

-------

worked on another alien soldier! alot of fun with this guy. i always wondered why wizards didn't just use two staffs? they'd be twice as powerful!!

it's the hagian supermagus!

lo' its the hagian supermagus! descended from the equally disgusting and amazing hag fishes native to our own planet!

the hagians have always been very amazing science-mages since way back when they thought they were just messing around with "magic" and weren't aware that it was just super-science being effected by their wills and hand gestures.

once they engadged in the "war of the wizards" (an interplanetary battle between magicians) the hagians were outnumbered by the numerous swarms of the swarmians they had to think fast. the hagians decided to double their numbers by equipping all their mages with TWO magic staves! this doubled the size and effect of all their tricks and the swarmians were quickly annihilated with a few boughts of lightning balls and the odd lava-syringe.

centuries past and the hagian supermagus is still represented by their military, teleporting across the galaxy with a science focusing staff in each hand and a mean streak for any foe they run into. their science magic has become refined to a degree that it has not been able to be duplicated by anyone else in the galaxy.

the dual-staff science slinging style has also been managed only by the supermagus. any other race that has attempted this art has been met with agonizingly fatal results. bottom line is that its best to leave the dual staff wielding to the hagian supermagus' (obviously).

Name:  hagian_supermagus_web.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  517.1 KB

-jouste the drawbarian
    >devart<

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jouste For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Woot pushed your thread over the edge to 5 stars!

Kick ass work as always man... so much so i might post this comment on both pc and here... well maybey not

Keep it up.

Thanks
    You're a badass. Love your work

Thanks
    Wonderful characters design! I like how you use the details. 5 stars

Thanks
    Really enjoyed looking at your sketchbook. Great Characters!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.