Restoring Painter Brushes (Corel Painter)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Restoring Painter Brushes (Corel Painter)

A friend of mine was using my machine and changed the settings for my brushes. He set the "Brush Selection Bar" to show only 10 of the many brushes corel painter offers.

How can I restore it so that I can select any of the brushes available to me from the Brush Selection Bar?

Your help is seriously appreciated, thank you.

"Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You don't say what version of Painter you're in, but in X and 11 you should be able load all the Painter brushes by clicking on the black arrow at the top right of the Brush Selector, choose Load Brush Library and then choose the default 'Painter Brushes' library.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorleaf View Post
    A friend of mine was using my machine and changed the settings for my brushes. He set the "Brush Selection Bar" to show only 10 of the many brushes corel painter offers.

How can I restore it so that I can select any of the brushes available to me from the Brush Selection Bar?

Your help is seriously appreciated, thank you.
    Un-Hide Hidden Brush Categories and Hidden Brush Variants in Painter X and Painter 11

Hi,

It sounds like you must be using either Painter X or Painter 11 and, if that's the case, your friend may have "hidden" some of the brush categories and/or brush variants.

To make them display in the Brush Selector's brush category list and brush variant list:

1. Go to Window > Workspace > Customize Workspace.

2. In the drop down list at the top left corner of the dialog box below Workspace:, make sure you choose the Workspace you'll be using if it's not already selected.

3. In the left panel below the Workspace drop down list, click Brushes to expand the brush library list. Then, if you have more than one brush library in that Workspace, click the name of the brush library you want to fix to expand its brush category list.

4. In the right panel, you'll also see the brush categories listed. To make sure all brush categories are visible, click any of the brush categories' Eye icons that are currently closed to open them again.

5. Then, in the left panel, one at a time click each brush category name to display its brush variants in the right panel.

6. Check each brush variant to make sure its Eye icon is open.

7. When you've finished opening all of the brush category and brush variant Eye icons, click the Done button to close the Customize Workspace dialog box. Now all of the brush categories and brush variants should display in the Brush Selector when the brush library you just fixed is loaded in Painter.

Jinny

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gawd Jin, thank you so much. I knew it was simple but because I didn't know exactly what he did I was looking in all the wrong places. Again thanks.

"Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Razorleaf,

Thanks for letting me know my guess was right. Happy to help!

Jinny

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 2