Newborn: "From death comes life, from life comes death"

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn: "From death comes life, from life comes death"

This should be interesting.

I'm a novice artist, LESS than one I should say. Competing in this contest against industry professionals and almost professionals is borderline lunacy, but it's a good way to get a ton of practice in.

So far I only have my preliminary sketches just to jot down ideas. I had several different concepts but I decided to work on this piece as I believe different than other entries.

The basics of the piece is that a society that is desperate for resources in a post-apocalyptic world found the technology to create matter out of digital data. What they release is a destructively power creature. From the death of a civilization comes the life of digital creates. From the life of the creatures becomes the death of civilization.

Hopefully I'll have a WIP to show in about a day or so. I'm thinking of using the bottom concept because of the grand scale of it, but it will be more challenging. Should be fun.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your idea and I think it's different to what a lot of people will go with. I was interested by what you said at the beginning 'borderline lunacy' you're right! But it's just this kind of competition that helps you push yourself that bit more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @pearlyking: Thanks for liking my idea.

I'm reaching the problems I knew I would have. My basics aren't there and it's really showing in my work. I don't know enough about line, color theory, perspective, light and shade, blending, anatomy and even composition. I know I want to do this to make myself a better artist, but skipping the fundamentals is something I can't afford to do.

I'm working with the basics now, and I will start working on my piece when I am ready. It's great to see all the amazing art coming out of this competition already, but I'm not prepared to keep up.

"Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your idea is one of the very best. I hope such an invention will eventually exist for real, preferably without an apocalypse as a pre-requisite.

I can imagine it would be very hard to put it into image lacking the skills, but I'm curious to see how far you can go with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.