Thanks

Phalangite & first post

First!
    I would like some critique on this drawing (especially anatomy) I did some time ago, both arms look funny to me...And I haven't learned how to draw hands or faces yet so I know they're not good

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Don't worry about "learning" how to draw hands or faces, just practice, practice, practice. Start by finding a few reference pictures of hands and do simple line drawings. Well actually, just look at your own hands. Draw them in different positions so you get a feeling of the anatomy and how hands work. Start to do self-portraits and then move onto your friends or use reference pictures. The thing not to do is draw people and avoid your difficult spots. Draw them with a face and find references for the hands, and even if it looks bad, it's going to be a learning experience.

Here's some pictures on deviantART that may help with muscle definition and poses.

♥♥ SKETCHBOOK ♥♥ BLOG ♥♥ PORTFOLIO ♥♥ dA GALLERY ♥♥

If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.
    - Albert Camus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Linguini For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks
    I looked at that deviantart picture and maybe I should've straightened his legs more to make him seem more active (like the one on the bottom left).

Thanks
    I agree with Linguini, practice the hands and face, and dont be afraid to show it to others! they might not think it looks good at first, (sure know mine didnt! ^^' ) though that could work out to your advantage! if people say they dont think it looks good, thats when you can get the most crituque on it! =)

To say something about the drawing, well I think you have got the over all anatomy quite good, though I have some suggestions. as you say, the arms looks a little of, I think the nerest sholder could be a little bigger. (twords the upperbody) and if you look at the lower part of the arm, its almost the only place where you skipped drawing muscles. that is what I can see right now, I think you did a good job on the muscles on the chest though!

hope you can find my opinions somewhat useful! =)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kotori-89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hope you can find my opinions somewhat useful! =)
    Thank you they are

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.