Sketchbook: Products of a Deranged Imagination - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really great sketchbook mate. You made some awesome progress from your 1st pages.

Nagyon szertem az a 3 alakos kompoziciot az nagyon jol nez ki. Es az utolso holgydnek is nagyon jok a szinei es feny eses.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LordVenom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, long time no see, huh?
    That soulkeeper pic turned out to be pretty good though the creation process was a bit weird for me. Fully detailing one part of the image first (the first guy) and then adding other elements (even light sources!) is not the way composition should be created and consistant look can be achieved imho. Other than that nothing wrong with that pic. I like the way you rendered almost each and every part of that image - what I want to say is that it doesn't work as a whole.

I dig the colors of that last girl, though you should polish that face a bit more. Right now it looks a bit ... old? ugly? maybe it's the eyes... I don't really know. Check the ref (or get one).

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Novbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally like this last girl, she has so much personality. It will be great to keep her features as they are now, even if you’ll work more on details. I think she inspires confidence and victory in such a subtle way.
    I’m so glad you feel the support even through a sketchbook post. This is the intention . And don’t worry, unless I die or have no access to Internet, you’ll have my full support, as I have yours .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to S.Elena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For photoshop I would try to select main subject with magnetic lasso tool (third one from top to bottom) then select inverse with the right click on the mouse so you could work on the backgroud after that you could play with distort - wave filter...
    Hope you understood this,he,he...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m.j. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...or with blur filter like I did here!
    Cheers mate!

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to m.j. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,429 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hello every1

FraserMcT; thank you for visiting and for posting,
    I know, I still have issues with light sources and with image composition. I will improve that hopefully after time.
    I have to mention here that your sketchbook is awesome.

LordVenom; I am very glad to see you here buddy. Thank you for the encouragement. Hope that you will be visiting again. I am following your work.

Novbert; hello, I am glad that you are here; I am following your work, I am following your sketchbook, I just do not post a comment everytime.
    The "Store Story" image was a total crazy as for the composition process was concerned, you are totally right, haha, I was also confused sometimes, and I know I should not do paintings like that in the future. I have to admit, I got tired from that painting. That painting has sucked every energy from me, I do not know why, maybe because I was working on it for so many days.
    This last girl is actually a former prostitute from a post apocalyptic world, and it is intended for her to be a little bit ugly, maybe a little older. Can you imagine what did all her customers did to her all those years, before she was trained to be an Elite Force Assassin?
    Now she is strong and has an athletic body, but her face is a little bit messed up.
    I am using a photo reference for her.

Hello Elena, glad to see you here, as always. I feel the same way about you. I will support you forever.
    You know, you are right about the personality of this last lady. As I said, she is a former prostitute, the most brutal kind of prostitutes that ever existed on the street. I had wrote that story earlier in my posts, so I will not bug you again with it, if you interested you can find it on the previous pages.
    She is brutal, rough, and coldblooded as hell. That is why she is one of the Assassin's team member, and that is why she is one of the major turning force that will make this war be won by earth confederates.
    It ain't something that she should brag about, but she finds great pleasure in killing people and destroying republic property. She already spent 13 years in prisons before her special forces career, she is loaded with experience, she is tough as nails, and nothing can stop her now. On this painting I wanted for her to look like satisfied, relaxed, preparing for to take a huge dump on this battle beast, before it loses its last atoms of heat and power, just to witness its self desecration.

Hey, m.j.
    Thank you for the tutorial about the heat effect, I have tried it, but it does not satisfy my needs.
    I want the effect like heat on the road, on the hottest summer. I have found a tutorial finally, but it just does not work.
    I want this effect:

http://www.webdesign.org/photoshop/s...ave.10335.html

but it just ain't working. I have followed that tutorial through and I am getting some totally different results.
    Something just ain't right with that tutorial, I am telling you all, and I am pissed because of that, cause I wanted to put that heat effect on the defeated Battle Beast.

Thank you all for visiting my pages....

I was working more on the last character, added her a pigtail, which is kinda cute of course, added her some war colors, just like Mel Gibson had them in "Brave Heart" and I was thinking lots about the weapons that I should give her. Firstly I was thinking about some machine gun or a Desert Eagle, but then I decided to give her Katana-s, cause Katanas are so fucking cool. The Elite Force Assassins are so deadly and skilled that they are destroying highly advanced huge mechanical war beasts without any greater effort using only cold weapons. I mean wow! She is so proud cause of her swords.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rockin the face paint!
    For some reason those breast cups remind me of the 5th Element, which ive been meaning to watch again

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Malakuko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your picture-stories. Good to read and good to see them. Keep posting!

{I know you want to click -----> !(MY)HERE(SB)! <----- kcilc ot tnaw uoy wonk I}

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nlete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Malakuko
    hahaha, I am glad that she reminds you on Milla Jovovich. I like her very much.
    Thank you for visiting and for posting a comment.

Hey Nlete, thank you very much for looking my art. I am so glad that you like some of my paintings and drawings, I hope that you will be visiting me again somewhere in the future.

Usually I do not bump into another project till I finish one, but looks like that I am changing, or whatever.

I was thinking about the other side of the coin.
    On the current painting, the Elite Force Assassin had her victory and she will get back to her base safely, but there will be an occasion when she will not go by so great....

What about if she gets imprisoned? Well, there are those devices called "Harvesters" which sucks all the useful materials and fluids from the human body which will be used after by the underground mob, selling to the government for experimental reasons.

On this painting I am trying to illustrate, how the Elite Force Assault team member is being drained by the "Harvester".
    She is left behind, no friendly troops in vicinity, she is totally in the hands of the enemy, she is being sucked dry, her body fluids is disappearing slowly, she is losing all her minerals and she is helpless.
    The worse thing is that this process lasts more than 50 hours. She will suffer in great pains more than 50 hours.
    And then her suffering will still not end....

What I like about using layers in photoshop, is that you can totally use a whole character in another painting, sparing a bunch of time, redrawing things:

Last edited by LtPlissken; March 20th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and then... your zombie nazi grandmother rose up from her grave to ruin all your plans with a fire axe
    You are going nuts my friend!
    Great work on the beer scene. Giving the characters that much room made it look like a really tense situation. I wouldn't want to be one of the beer drinkers!
    The axe lady is also great. The concept is good and you got the lighting pretty nicely. Only thing that bothers me is that some of her forms aren't that solid.

No matter, you are progressing fast. Keep it up!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rotor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, huge tits dude
    i like the face impression you made, it seems like she is really suffering
    but Rotor is right, the forms are somewhat not solid, she flows in the picture

{I know you want to click -----> !(MY)HERE(SB)! <----- kcilc ot tnaw uoy wonk I}

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nlete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello every1

Thank you Rotor. Yes, I got a lot of issues, and the thing is that I am putting as a primary goal, the things that will express myself, and the things that will let my ideas out of my head, and I take much less care about the technical side of it all, and of course I make a lot of lousy paintings. I am just rushing to get all the stuff in my head out to be on paper or in my computer. I hope that one day, when I will be more skilled with painting, that I will refine my drawings and concepts.
    You are right again; I got some crazy moments in my life, and sometimes I am going nuts, but I do not know are those times good or bad for my health.

Nlete, thank you.
    Yes, I go crazy also when I see great tits and that is why I wanted to paint them like that.
    She is suffering indeed. And I want her to suffer more!

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi LtPlissken,
    Wow....such a great story behind a great painting. I liked your concept of the lady assassin. I want to see more of her sufferings through her expression. Is it your self project? The story is really thrilling!!
    Keep moving ahead,friend...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sutapa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sutapa. It always cheers me up when I see you here. Thank you for encouraging me and for making me so motivated now.
    The ideas are mine. For the Elite Force Assassin, killing a War Battle Beast, I used a photo reference, I am still trying to make contact with the girl, cause I used her photo, but she is not answering me yet. If I manage to talk to her, I will try to convince her to let me post her photos here. That would be nice.
    The Assassin killing the big mechanical beast with swords, idea came from the PC game Prince of Persia "Warrior Within", which I have played 3 or 4 times in a row. Now there is a huge Golem Brute in that game ,that the prince have to kill like jumping on his back and stabbing his sword in the back of his neck. That all inspired me, most probably subconsciously to do this painting.

The second one, the Assassin in the Harvester is inspired from the game Quake 4, which I have played the 2nd time a month ago. There are an enemy , a female enemy in the game, mounted on the wall in some shell, and she pops out when you approach her. The name of that creature in the game is "Iron Maiden", but the concept is so original. So I have stole a big part of that idea.

A little bit of update on the paintings, cause I am working on them in parallel:

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished the Harvester design. Now it can suck the life out from the Assassin with mega speed and with eXtra pain.
    Plus I have put the ambient in a different perspective, so that the viewer could see the hell deep pit, in which this mechanism is constructed.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, those boobs look frickin unnatural. I mean not like 'fake tits' unnatural, but they look even too unnatural for fake tits.
    The face also needs some work.
    And the skin some more polishing.
    And the main light source some more definition. Putting some highlights on the skin won't hurt.
    I'd say get a ref and do some rework. I bet you can easily find reference for faces and large tits

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Novbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Novbert.
    So glad that you gave a feedback. The breasts do not look real you are right, I was not thinking about them the time I was rendering them as real ones, however the things that was in my mind while I was doing them:

-they should be flattened out like pancakes, and pressed because they are thrown over that cold metal brim. The breast are not in the regular position as would they be on an everyday female model.
    -they look plastic and they are all blown up and swollen, all covered with veins cause the harvester is pumping them full of artificial neuro-modified estrogen, all this in a goal to largely increase the drained materials quality and value

I have used reference photos for this painting, but looks like not too successfully.
    The question is ,when to actually stop with the painting and how much to go in detail. To get things straight, I could go with this one till next christmas, putting on details and ultra quality lightning, however, I feel that I have told with this illustration what I was intending to share with the world, so I have put an a final brush stroke on it, lock the gate, and throw away the key...

Hey, I am so happy for all of you visiting my work and for helping me with useful tips and and tricks.
    I hope that you will stay here and that you will support me in the future also.

Novbert, pls stay tuned, there is more to come.
    For now, I have finished the Assassin painting defeating the War BAttle Beast. The effect that is missing is the heat wave coming from the beast, but I did not achieved that knowledge yet. I hope you all like this one:

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like her face, it's really creepy D: But yeah, her boobs look very unnatural, and I don't mean just the size. I suggest you do some research and find photo reference, that should be fun =P

Tattoos should follow the curves of her body, and I also think her shoulders are too wide (compared to the head).

You're improving with colours, everything looks more natural than before

edit: ffffffffff posted at the same time! My critique still stands, though. BTW is Assassin supposed to have one breast smaller than the other? Also, work on that smoke, it doesn't fit the painting... make it a more gritty, dark type of smoke.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Donna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dude, HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE improvement, really pay attention to those boobies, I know we all love boobies but they should be anatomically correct. on the last piece, her right breast is extending much to far to her right it should be more straight on and smaller like the other one. Also I know those smoke brushes and stuff can be fun, but really try and push yourself to just paint that stuff in. Keep up all the hard work man, cheers!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment on my SB. I can't remember if I mentioned that before haha.
    Really liking the face of your newest.
    I dunno if it is just me, but that bra is really ruining the piece. I think that the breasts are still too big if you are going for a more realistic piece. I also think that the way you have drawn them, the breasts looks like balloons instead of the fun bags that they really are. They should have much more shape, instead of the rounded form like you have given. It looks like it is armour though, so that kinda lets you off. But I think you could improve the shape to make them more believable.
    If I was you, I would also try to get some more variations of colour in the flesh tone.
    Other than that two points, I really like where it is going. Nice pose! composition could be improved if you keep in mind the rule of thirds though
    Keep at it sonny jim.

My Sketchbook

frazmctag@gmail.com

34. The Following User Says Thank You to FraserMcT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The question is ,when to actually stop with the painting and how much to go in detail. To get things straight, I could go with this one till next christmas, putting on details and ultra quality lightning, however, I feel that I have told with this illustration what I was intending to share with the world, so I have put an a final brush stroke on it, lock the gate, and throw away the key...
    There's no definite rule for this, but when you feel that you're spending time with some itsy-bitsy detail no one will ever recignize you should check zhuzhu's gallery to see how easily you can give the impression of detail without really painting it.

It is said that you should add nothing to the pic but only paint things that belong to the pic. Sounds kinda misterious but true. Anyway: the only person who can tell wheter your pictures are ready or not is you.

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Novbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

38. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinBeckett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by my book. It looks like you are focusing on characters, so start doing more anatomy studies and using reference more. I can tell your knowledge is lacking, making your imagination work weak. I agree with the breasts on that one painting...they are very very un natural and look messed up. Also, careful with your brush strokes, they are getting messy in some areas. Keep on drawing!!!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinBeckett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello every1!
    So happy to see you all again.

Donna; we posted in the same time
    Thank you for the encouragement and for the advices.

The breast armors are not the same size. Symmetry sucks!
    Did Mad Max had the same way his left and right shoulder armored?
    Name:  madmax2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  66.1 KB

Metal Fingers thank you very much for visiting and for posting.
    Man... how should I left out those beautiful smoke brushes when they are so tasty, I just went through a little orgasm when I was making that detail on my painting. So the smoke brushes stays with me, no matter what happens.

FraserMcT thank you very much.
    Well I know all that you are saying about the breasts, but I was not aiming for this ones to be a reality pieces, so I let my imagination to let go on a certain places, so the breast armor and her breasts must be like this, cause this is how I imagined them in the first place.

Novbert, thank you for being here, as always, I really respect your presence.

JustinBeckett; thank you friend for posting and for the advices, I will try to improve more. Please stay, cause more of hell will follow....
    This next project was about making animal mixed with human or something like that. This will sound crazy but, one morning I woke up and I had this image in my head, had to do it right away:

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool judge-bulldog

That smoke from the cigarette is a detail that struck me as something "perfect"

Deceive me out of my emptiness
    Sketchbook
    deviantArt

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate!
    Your improvent is getting bigger every time I check your sketchbook! I like what you did in your last update! I was thinking to do it myself (not with bulldog like you did,but something similarly).
    Anyway,there`s much details in your drawings,I like that,with tablet I think you must put much more effort than I on my traditional way ( I never tried to draw on tablet) so good work and keep exploring!
    P.S. Did you work out that photoshop tutorial for heat effect?
    Cheers mate!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to m.j. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya! Thanks for visiting my book

First of all, great progress since the first page, that dog is great heheh.

Now for the boobs. I understand you like them extra big with sugar on top BUT the problem is that the boobs being big part is taking away from the boobs being natural part. What I'm saying is that it looks kinda like you're just trying to make them look big without trying to make them look like boobs. My advice is to pay more attention to muscle and gravity - how boobs attach to the torso and how they look when the body is in a certain position, when you know that it's easy enough to make them bigger. Damn, that means you'll have to draw more boobs... For practice, naturally.

Now, here's some awesome reference - awesome reference

What I like about your drawing is that you seem to have a knack about the environment and atmosphere which is something I myself lack. Anyways, that's it for now, hope to see you around

Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

47. The Following User Says Thank You to The Whistler For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG the dog.... I think he's suffocate. Definite improvement here my friend.

O, and listen to everyone about the boobs.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man I love how your warrior lady came along, I especially love the lighting on her feet!

Your sci-fi tortured titties lady just freaks me the hell out man, Novbert megkomentalta azt ugyhogy beken hagyom.

Your judge Dred dog is great man. The lighting kinda bothers me though his helmet, collar, and nose/face seem to have different light sources, maybe that was your intention but it looks a bit weird to me.

51. The Following User Says Thank You to LordVenom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some pretty cool stuff here - The Judge Dredd/Bulldog piece made me laugh. Fun idea!

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Riley Stark For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 575