Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
Results 2,791 to 2,799 of 2799
    Thanks

It's OK. So yeah if you decided to be a professional concept artist in 7 years, you indeed failed. But how are you so sure 7 years is the maximum amount of time you can take for this? And how is it exactly failure? In these 7 years you acheived several things, maybe not your big dream but you managed to inspire other people (me for example), you improved in drawing and maybe you also acheived things in your personal life that we do not know about.
    Also if you want to be a concept artist you just have to create concept art. That is something you can do. I have seen it on DeviantART and in this sketchbook. The only difference is that some people get paid for it and some less or not. You should also decide for yourself what you want with your artwork. Do you want a game with your superdark artwork and what-not? Look for ways to make it yourself. Or do you want to make sick illustrations? Then make that. If there is no motivation, try to do the things that do motivate you. I hope this is some good advice for you. I have had these dark times as well where I just wanted to give up. You and other people posted in my sketchbook to cheer me on. I guess I have to return the favor now.
    You might feel that your journey is pointless currently but I think it is brave to keep trying. Even when the odds are not in your favor. At least you can say you tried, that you went out there, that you aimed for something better. It takes great courage to keep doing that in the adult world where you have to have a job and a mortgage.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree with Sushy.
    "I decided 7 years ago that I would be a concept artist, but I failed" You have not, you are 36 you have all the time in the world to become a concept artist and to improve your work. We all make art that sometimes are new concepts, we are all concept artists. Maybe you don't get paid for you work now but who says that will remain the same in the future. You are the one that decides that.

"Let me be the example how not to approach art and the art industry" Again you are wrong, you have freakin 187 pages in this sketchbook, 187!! That is dedication, that is passion, I admire people who've been on here continiously working so much and it inspires me to one day also have 150+ pages in my sketchbook. You will be a paid concept artist, you make incredible drawings and I've been amazed so many times by the awesome work you present. Please keep going. You are an example, even though you might not feel like one.

My Sketchbook
    Connect with me on Artstation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts
    It will be ok, I met some true people with true soul, you cannot fake honesty and love I guess.

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by my thread man, I was a bit daunted about putting my first few posts up and your comments definitely took the heat off. I really appreciate it. Some insanely imaginative and amazing work in your sketchbook. It's gonna take me a while to get through!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to James Anthony Moss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 895 Posts
    hey Plissken! there you are! and you did update.. though be it februari and all. but still. and dont worry, im 39, and still waiting till the day the world recognises me as the greatest artist ever. oh well they'll get it. sooner or later. and for you as well. you say you are an exaple of how to not approach the industry? meh, not sure you can go about it better. Just keep making art ok?
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post
    Of course I am, sorry for running this thread without art updates, but I guess it will be documented
    as a stage of my downfall. I decided 7 years ago that I will be a concept artist, but I failed, I am still failing , I hate myself because of this. This means that anything that I get my hands on in life will end like this. Let me be the example how not to approach art and the art industry. At least it will help someone, and still I will be transferring my experience my ups and downs to other artists. If anyone read this? Thank you for the support Sushy my dear friend
    When you fail sometimes it is your higher self trying to get your attention.

Follow the intimations from fate.

Perseverance Furthers...
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Izi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts
    I am still here,
    flesh, bone and soul on this earth,
    no art at this point (sorry CA)
    thank you for keeping this thread alive,
    sorry conceptart for throwing up this thread cause of my past , current and future demons
    I love you all who are out there and are real human beings
    Be strong and fight for the right things

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ltplissken I almost gave up also. I decided ten years ago that i would become a concept artist, at age 12 i was put in foster care and made my first sketchbook on here and now im 22. I'm still not even halfway to good though. I love your work man, and your words have seriously helped me when i needed it. i sincerely hope you don't give up forever.

It is a harder path than i thought originally, but i can't give up yet.

hope to see you back
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." Leonardo Da Vinci

My Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post3362160

art website:http://calebportfolio.webs.com/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Calebfairchild For This Useful Post:

Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187