[MMO] Miasma Online - Looking for a 2d fantasy artist
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: [MMO] Miasma Online - Looking for a 2d fantasy artist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow [MMO] Miasma Online - Looking for a 2d fantasy artist

(Format shamelessly stolen from another site)

Team name:
    5th Planet Games

Project name:
    Miasma Online

Brief description:
    Miasma Online is a Flash-based MMORPG. The background story and core architecture have been in development for years. Technological advancements have made it possible to develop and publish our game in a respected and well used medium.

Target aim:
    Miasma Online is a free-to-play, browser based game.

Compensation:
    We do not expect anyone to work for free (except the three of us, of course!), so we can work out some sort of compensation. Anything we pay before the game is released will be coming out of our pockets, so a majority of the compensation will be paid on the back end in the form of royalties (most likely). We intend to have regular additions to the content in the game, so when (not if ) it becomes successful, there will definitely be the need for more art. We will absolutely put the mutually agreed upon terms of our arrangement in writing.

Technology:
    Our project is being developed in Flash CS4 using ActionScript 3.0. Our database servers are MS-SQL with a PHP-based interface for communication.

Talent needed:
    2d artist to create the characters, creatures, items, spell effects and environments of our world. Depending on the availability of the artist, we might be looking to bring on two people.

Team structure:
    Lead Programmer/Game Designer: Steve Pladson
    Programmer/Research & Development: Thadeus Dietzen
    Programmer/Public Relations: Robert Winkler

We have private forums up, the front pages are under construction.
    www.MiasmaOnline.com
    www.5thPlanetGames.com

Contacts:
    RWinkler@5thPlanetGames.com
    I will also check Private Messages here, but I prefer email. Please include samples or links to any of your work in the fantasy genre.

Previous Work by Team:
    Our development team combined has worked in the software and hardware industry for well over twenty years. In addition each member is an avid gamer (online, offline, or other). We love to play games but love to make them even more!
    AlterEgo - Single Player DirectX 2D sprite based RPG with basic controls and movement.
    Miasma - Single Player DirectX 2D-isometric RPG complete with combat, movement, and a diverse skill set.

Additional Info:
    The members of our team have formed a tight friendship over the years. Some have known each other since they were six years old. We have led several online gaming communities to prominence within their respective fields. While a small group, we expect excellent results and are committed to providing the best online gaming experience possible. We feel the possibilities in a virtual world are nearly endless and are willing to do whatever it takes to bring our vision to fruition.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by Felendis; June 5th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick update. We have received a ton of exceptional artwork to look at so far and hope to see even more over the next few days. More than likely, we are going to stop taking submissions on Tuesday so we can try to wrap this up by the end of the week. I have responded to everyone by email, so if you did not get an email from me, I did not receive your message for some reason. If that is the case, please message me on the forums here and send the email again. Thank you for your time and interest in our project.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Qitsune For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update:
    I wanted to let everyone know that we are in the process of reviewing the applications and will be contacting everyone with our first round of decisions in the next day or so. We have had an overwhelming response, more than we could of hoped for, which is fantastic! At this time, if a moderator would lock this thread, that would be great.

Thank you to everyone interested, we have been very impressed by the quality and volume of responses we have received from our post here on ConceptArt.org. Take care.

Robert Winkler
    Miasma Online

P.S. Thank you for the kind words Qitsune, keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad you guys had a good response. I'll close the thread out for you. If you need it reopened later feel free to send me a PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J Wilson For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.