The Newborn Contest!!! (Now with more prizes!) - Page 9
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Newborn Contest!!! (Now with more prizes!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @riotorange- Yeah I was thinking the samething and was lost thinking I missed something

Maybe they are wanting help with what images they are wanting to put in the Peoples Choice vote and seeing what ones people would want to vote for? I am not sure...or just letting everyone see all the works and get a good look to find something they really like and when the vote goes live they have a better idea of each picture and make a choice overall.

-Linda Lisa

Illustrator/Concept Artist

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think they will open a special new Thread somewhere else.
    Maybe in the finals forum or so, where everybody sees the thread. And maybe wright emails so that a lot of people are voting.
    The final-images thread is a little hidden.... at least that what I think ^^

The judges may choose at first, then those pics are taken out from the poll choice. Would make sense. And maybe they dont bring all pics in the choice.

Cant wait for the results. To my feeling there are around 10 really good pictures so far, but I know that jury-desicions cant be foretold so all I can do is sit and wait for the end.

At least I have a feeling of "might have a chance" right now. Which makes me kind of proud. ^^°

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well im sure its just to get everyone all together in one thread so we can look at them...just confused about the rank thing.Not important tho, it'll all eventually make sense.
    Good luck to all--everyone on this site ROCKS!

"Steering perception? i am.
    Inviting contradiction? i am."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i feel the same as everybody else, im excited to see who wins eachpart of the contest

good luck to everyone!!! WOOO!!!!

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi
    Maybe it is late but I haven't received answer by email.
    I just want to make sure -is it allowed to submit old already published work for the contest?
    I checked the rules and there is nothing about this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im not too sure about that one, but good question.....but yea kinda late the deadline was a week ago

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where will results declare of the contest??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not too sure about that myself, in fact I was just wondering when we are going to get the competition results..at the beginning of the competition thread, Jason said the judging was taking place yesterday (August 7th) so hopefully they will be up soon! At a guess I would say the results will probably be shown either on the home page or at the top of the forum page above the existing competition thread...hope this helps

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'm hoping this doesn't get drawn out for a long time... There's still no updates on the 'people's choice' voting poll, let alone the main results. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting kind of antsy. X)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah... I am nuts to see what happens..I am glad I am not the only one that has no clue what is going on ATM. ^^ I am sure they are having a hard time picking because there are so many great submissions. I can't imagine all the emails to go over.

-Linda Lisa

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    despite my efforts I could assume that most just did not liked my submissions because of the rating it received... I still need more practice... though I have the feeling the winner will be either randis , lillycat or jason C-M... goodluck guys...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I went through and voted on all the ones there yesterday, because everyone else seemed to be doing. Not sure if it made a difference, and some are still being added, but better than nothing I guess.

BTW - the post rating thing seems buggy to me. A post will say something like "ranked 6.2 out of 10 with 32 votes" and when I vote it will change to maybe "ranked 7.1 out of 10 with 139 votes". When I go back the next day it's back at 32 votes. That happens on all of them.

I tried on a couple of PCs, both with browser caching disabled, but with the same result. I'm not bothered but it just seemed odd.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think voting by ranking posts works anyway, since there is often more than one pic in a post, so you can't vote for a particular image. I think maybe everyone is just too busy with other stuff, and they need all the entries to be posted before they can put up a poll?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    I went through and voted on all the ones there yesterday, because everyone else seemed to be doing. Not sure if it made a difference, and some are still being added, but better than nothing I guess.

BTW - the post rating thing seems buggy to me. A post will say something like "ranked 6.2 out of 10 with 32 votes" and when I vote it will change to maybe "ranked 7.1 out of 10 with 139 votes". When I go back the next day it's back at 32 votes. That happens on all of them.

I tried on a couple of PCs, both with browser caching disabled, but with the same result. I'm not bothered but it just seemed odd.
    i noticed the same thing,i don't know if its a bug or not,but looked weird to me,one other thing is the rating i was surprised when i saw you had only 5points out of 10!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We were all busy, but we still got our work turned in on time. How many of us had to pull late nights or cancel plans to get our entries done by the deadline? Getting the results of the contest to us in a timely manner seems like a basic courtesy. And if the results are going to be late, hopefully someone will let us know so we're not all sitting here refreshing the page all day for however long it takes until the results are up.

( I just want to confirm I lost so I can stop worrying about it and move on with my life, haha )

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdillon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jdillon View Post
    ( I just want to confirm I lost so I can stop worrying about it and move on with my life, haha )

Rofl, I feel the same :3 I have to go out of town for 3 days and I may just miss it. I do have to say jdillon your painting is amazing and I think you have great chance. So don't think you lost before it starts

-Linda Lisa

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jdillon View Post
    I hear you there. My entry has been shredded in the final images thread. I think it is the lowest ranking one there.

My Sketchbook
    Just another day in the optimization tank.

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i only saw the final images thread today, so i only just uploaded,

guess who's got the lowest ranking now

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    HOW TO ENTER:
    1. Register to www.conceptart.org/forums \
    2. Visit the contest forums http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158 to see all the great details and info!
    3. Create your artwork and submit your final entry in jpeg form at 1000 pixels wide to contest@conceptart.org (include your full name, conceptart.org username, address, and phone number in the email with the entry attached). Final submissions are due no later than July 31 2009 (central standard time)
    I didn't revisit this page before I submitted on the thread. I completely over looked #3. Perhaps I wasn't the only one who didn't read directions properly and have a chance for it to count.
    If not, live and learn.

I had fun with my painting. Contest or no contest it was worth the time spent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am getting a little nervous every mornig when I check if the results are finally out. No sign of the peoples-choice yet ?

Randis is online now ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    maybe should make The newborn final images thread sticky and link to ff forum so everyone can vote.
    I see some people still didn't post their work in the thread.

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really dont hope that the "final images thread" is the vote thread. It would be totally unfair, because some people might not have seen it in tiime and the one who posted first got more votes of course.

No, I really think they will open a new thread for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I too ope that the "final images thread" is not the vote thread!!!....very anxious to see the final results

Imagination encircles the world

Sketchbook

Save earth video

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure the "Final Images" thread is just for show; it's not going to determine anything (gosh, I hope not. People have been voting pretty harshly on every single picture!) There is supposed to be a new thread, one with an actual poll. It's just running really behind. We probably won't hear anything today, either, since there is that streaming online class running all today. There's a lot going on right now, and I kind of think we're just going to be at the bottom of the list of priorities for a while, unfortunately. It's all the more frustrating because even if the people's choice poll went up tomorrow, we'd still have to wait another week for the final results now. And a lot of us probably would really have liked to used that extra week to work on our entries more. I know I would have. :/

Last edited by jdillon; August 9th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to jdillon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I couldnt agree with your last point more, jdillon

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I feel the same way. I had to leave for a canoe trip that I had planned months ago, so I ended up not being able to use the last week of July. I could have really used another week since I don't consider my image at all finished...... Ahh well, it was fun anyways.

Randis, your golem image rocks! My bets are on you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaejoun View Post
    I really dont hope that the "final images thread" is the vote thread. It would be totally unfair, because some people might not have seen it in tiime and the one who posted first got more votes of course.

No, I really think they will open a new thread for it.
    i too hope that the final images thread isn't the vote thread and i don't think that i recieved more votes and not only that people are pretty harsh with the ranking for some reason

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by oren90 View Post
    i too hope that the final images thread isn't the vote thread and i don't think that i recieved more votes and not only that people are pretty harsh with the ranking for some reason
    Yup, I likewise noticed this.
    Literally before I could cycle back to my post immediately after posting it to see if I had linked it correctly etc, it had already been ranked a 2.

It's like they couldnt do it fast enough, and there were only like 5 people in this forum at the time as well, even less cruising the actual thread - so it was pretty obvious who did it and why.

Hey, you dont like my work? Fine, nobody said you had to - but dont be a vindictive infant about it.

Thats the problem with poles and votes in competitions like this, its easy to log in with dummy accounts and pad your own ratings while ranking down the competition, just check out the thread to see thats whats happening - lots of quality work getting ranked with 3's and 5's when they are more like 8's, while not so great work is 6 and 7's.

Its really dissappointing to see childish behaviour like that in such a great community thats known for striving for personal excellence and honest feedback.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, it's all a bit silly, but public voting is always like that. That's why you should only look on these comps as a bit of fun. And often a "1" is a better compliment than a "10". After all, art should provoke an emotion and if that emotion is jealousy and anger then damn, that's great!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    I agree, it's all a bit silly, but public voting is always like that. That's why you should only look on these comps as a bit of fun. And often a "1" is a better compliment than a "10". After all, art should provoke an emotion and if that emotion is jealousy and anger then damn, that's great!

Your know your so right Baron, I should have thought about that as much as I preach using the dark side of the force to draw.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3