Results 1 to 30 of 311
June 5th, 2009 #1
The Newborn Contest!!! (Now with more prizes!)
ConceptArt.Org is proud to announce our latest contest: Newborn! Let’s get started!
Each moment we sit down at our tablets, we have an opportunity to create a beautiful work of art. We can reach for beauty, depth of idea, technical mastery or even personal satisfaction. We can create in hopes of being discovered. We can focus on found inspiration or a simple desire for prizes and loot. We can draw and paint because we understand the importance of promoting ourselves with work of our own vision. We can make art to hone our abilities for the career road ahead. But, the question is not why we create…it is what will we create? What will you create?
As artists, we all have opportunity to bring something into the world from the deepest places in imagination. You have the ability to bring vision to life with your talent. What will you bring to this world? Will you bring something that entertains? Will you bring something that changes minds? Will you bring something which makes you smile or builds your reputation around the world?
Newborn “Bring Something Into the World” or “To Life”
Wacom and Massive Black are sponsoring this next contest and there are a ton of great prizes and even promotional help too!
We all want to see what you bring to life, out into the world for millions to see. If there is an up and comer who shines, we will be doing what we can to make them a star. If they are a star already, then they understand the importance of continued exposure to the global audience. Wacom, ConceptArt.Org, and Massive Black are going to help get you there.
1. Wacom INTUOS 4 (12'x19') --the bigguns..and it is a beauty!
2. ConceptArt.Org Featured Artist spot atop the forums (yeah those spots!) where you will share in the 80,000,000+ page views in traffic each year. (If you have this honor already, you will get a CA podcast interview, and main page interview/banner to help promote your work)
3. The entire CA downloads library.
4. A pair of workshop tickets to the upcoming European Art and Design Symposium put on by www.conceptart.org and www.massiveblack.com !
5. Your winning piece sent to 155,000 members of conceptart.org, being linked in the newsletter! (which inculudes just about every major entertainment, illustration, and design company in the business).
6. A www.massiveblack.com t-shirt and swag set!
7. A copy of the one and only "Massive Black Vol. 1" art book with signatures by artists from the book.
8. Wacom and ConceptArt.Org are going to help promote the grand prize winning artist. He or she who wins this contest is going to get global exposure on Wacom’s website where the image will be showcased, including a one paragraph bio and their ConceptArt.Org Gallery link! Should they decide to print the image you will also receive credit with your site link watermarked on or near the image so you can be found. The winner of this contest could see a great spike in traffic so be sure your website is updated!
9. Corel Painter 11 (You will need awesome painting software to go with your shiny new tablet!)
10. a one year subscription to ImagineFX magazine!
11. The winning image gets the cover of ImagineFX too!!!
The top entries from each region (Amercias; Europe, Middle East and Africa; Asia Pacific), as chosen by the esteemed contest judges, will bring home the Large Wacom Intuos 4 12’x19’ and a copy of Corel Painter 11!. One of the regional winners will be the grand prize winner and will receive the package above and a one year subscription to ImagineFX!
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD!
The talented ConceptArt.Org Community is awarding a Large Intuos 4 12’x19’ and a copy of Corel Painter 11 by voting in the poll which goes live on August 31 2009 in the contest forums http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158 and a the winner of this award also gains a one year subscription to ImagineFX!
Judging: Judges weigh each entry based on idea development (50 percent) and technique (50 percent). Pretty pictures are nothing without great ideas. Great ideas are better without stellar execution.
Narrative, idea, story, symbolism, design,
Composition, execution, presentation, brushwork/surfacing (or lack thereof), color or value use etc…
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Register to www.conceptart.org/forums \
2. Visit the contest forums http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158 to see all the great details and info!
3. Create your artwork and submit your final entry in jpeg form at 1000 pixels wide to email@example.com (include your full name, conceptart.org username, address, and phone number in the email with the entry attached). Final submissions are due no later than July 31 2009 (central standard time)
Judging will take place on the date of August 7th 2009. Peoples Choice judging poll will open on August 1 2009 and will close on August 7 2009.
1. Multiple entries per participant are fine.
2. Artwork must be 100% original and your own. It can contain no copyrighted materials or unapproved likenesses owned by others. ARTWORK MUST BE ORIGINAL.
3. Any media is fine. No artists are discriminated against based on media.
4. Sponsors may use image to promote the Artwork and the Artist in any form or media. Any usage shall contain web link from artist who created the work. No promotional usage by sponsors shall be done unless artist web link is present on or near the Artwork image.
5. Artists shall retain all commercial rights to their images. Sponsors (Wacom, ConceptArt.Org) may use the work to promote the artist and the artwork/contest/Intuos 4 in advertising, promotion, news, media, or other forms.
6. Images may be black and white or full color
TIME TO GET STARTED!!!!!
Last edited by Jason Manley; June 8th, 2009 at 01:58 PM.LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
Hide this ad by registering as a member
The Following 174 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
-HAWK-, 613Concepts, 7even.shades.ofblack, acb, Adam Nowak, alesoun, alti, Pattern Recognition, animosapien, annubis123, arghmisfit, artina, Artofinca, AsaB, AsiST, aylap, B.Rockwell, Bahamuth, bartdeco, Beatnik, Brashen, Brun, Cchae, CCorsair, ChaoticKnight, CharReed, Chipsterology, Choob, clanlord, comixnut, corspufo, courtyard, Craig D, CreatrixArts, Cryptcrawler, cyl1981, cynical biscuit, d2s, DefiledVisions, DeKal, Delmar, Demo, DHTenshi, Dian3, donalfall, Doomsquid, Dorkthrone, ducphamduy, edarttogo, erik-jan v/d schuur, Euphemism, FalyneVarger, FFU007, Flakari Leader, Flipnastywebby, Giorge, GriNGo, GRMC, grue, gunnarsson, Huey Yeng, hunchback, Hyskoa, Ian Barker, IanLlanas, Ilaekae, ImaGEEnation, jackcrosby, JailHouseRock2, James Kei, Jaunay, Jazz, Jie Kageshinzo, Jonish, LaSeraphica, Lefty, Liam Harvey, LillyCat, Linguini, llothcat, loizze, Lordmaul30, Lot, Luke M., luverly_marie, m@., Macaruba, Maestro Andres, Mark Bot, Marsch, MASC, Mat Kaminski, matjosh, mcmatz, Me,Myself & Me again, MeBabyMe, Mebiusu, Meli Hitchcock, Meon, Meowmi, MichaelNoel, Mischeviouslittleelf, Moai, Mock, Mokinzi, Mr. P Show., napalm, Nellin, Nibras, Nickillus, Nightblue, OldJake666, onemorepirate, oren90, orionsnebula, Orunitier, Oscar Austin, OTTA, pablozRamone, PassionPlays, Pasternaqque, Pezz, PieMonster, Pigeonkill, Poison, prasiarts, Primordial Seven, putracmx, Quike Garcia, Maledict, RB2610, realitychek, Rist, ROBOT_TANK, Salavin, SalOnimaruRem, Senpen, Senshuu, shamandalie, Sheff, Sidharth Chaturvedi, silliKONe, sketcheth, SMILEFACE, smokenmirrors, smugbug, Steve99, Studio Colrouphobia, Suikostar, TerriO, The Red Dress, The Severed Wrist, thedying, thelefthand, TheRaptor-Wolfy, TimorSceleris, Timothy Duong, TROGLODYTE, UnidColor, Vatsel, vayne108, Victor B, Vulgar`, wakoes, wheezy, wHt, wildcat0571, Yng, yoitisi, zeitgeist, Zeitwolf, zimfin, zweiDee, _MOTH_
June 5th, 2009 #2
Awesome contest is awesome. Maybe i'll give it a try even though i suck somewhat.
June 5th, 2009 #3
June 5th, 2009 #4
June 5th, 2009 #5
June 5th, 2009 #6
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Thanked 294 Times in 189 Posts
- Blog Entries
June 5th, 2009 #7
Ah shit! Time to get a mothafuckin scholarship!
June 5th, 2009 #8
June 5th, 2009 #9
June 5th, 2009 #10
June 5th, 2009 #11
I'm thinking about doin it POW style if it is ok?
anyway gotta get started....
Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee
When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee
June 5th, 2009 #12
ONLY USE REF in ways that the ref cannot be realized by the viewer. If someone says hey that looks the same...then NO you may not use ref like that. The owner of the ref must not even see it if they saw your piece...such is the nature of copyright law. NO SUBSTANTIAL SIMILARITY.
LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
June 5th, 2009 #13
June 5th, 2009 #14
June 5th, 2009 #15
June 5th, 2009 #16
June 5th, 2009 #17
June 6th, 2009 #18
This is sweetness!!!!!!!
Critiques on my work always welcome!!
June 6th, 2009 #19
Count me in!
I didn't make it to the Wacom semifinals on DeviantArt. I might as well enter this contest!
June 6th, 2009 #20
I can't find any other place to do it, so this is my Official Statement of entering this Challenge.
No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary
Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
June 6th, 2009 #21
June 6th, 2009 #22
I'm in! Sounds like fun!
June 6th, 2009 #23
i do all my digital color with the Mouse. LOL...
June 6th, 2009 #24
June 6th, 2009 #25
June 6th, 2009 #26
I'm in. Though I'm currently hooked on The Sims 3, so I'm not sure if my entry will make it in time.
June 6th, 2009 #27
What's the ESRB rating on this thing? I can guarantee someone will do a vaginal piece and if it's going to splashed all over the world.... O_O Yeah, that would funny but bad. Any ideas?
June 6th, 2009 #28
June 6th, 2009 #29
Can't wait, I have a few things brewing already. Go CA.org!
June 6th, 2009 #30
It's good that for once, this event runs till after the exams. Thanks for that.