Sketchbook: JULY 1 --The Hermit starts again! - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY 1 --The Hermit starts again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Snootchy: Thanks so much man!!!I always forget to squint too--and it's so simple but makes such a big difference in the way you see things! (looks like I'm gonna need a lot of post its xD) hahaha and your right, I gotta focus on getting out of those middle grays! And thanks for making the perspective tutorial, I"m totally gonna start doing a lot more things now to practice with that!

agelaos: Thanks man!! I took your advice and turned it into gray scale and saw some things I was missing!!

blackdelphin: Thanks! Yeah all his proportions are messed up, I tried fixing the chin again based on what you said, but all his relative proportions are still off >< i need much more practice haha

h4d1: Thanks!!!

BlackSpot: Thanks, I will keep that in mind from now on!! You're right, I do make the same features over and over again

grandmassa: YOU THE BOMB BROOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much man! I hope you like the finished version!!! ^___^

Jackpot: Thanks! oooo thanks for that advice, I gotta remember that and really simplify things!

__________________________________________________ ____
    Sorry for not posting in a lil while, I was on a role making work and didn't feel like stopping to post xD

So here is my stuff from yesterday, and color studies from today (WIPS) for the upcoming live streaming color theory class and Grandmassa's portrait, Sorry I messed up the proportions dude!! T_T I will get them right eventually!

and WIP from my livestream, ---> thanks to snootchy for all your help!

I sat down and did 90 straight gesture drawings (30 seconds each) yesterday, I will attempt this tomorrow and hopefully hit 100!

Attached Images Attached Images          
    "Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo hala awesome LS session yesterday!! woh you killed it on those gestures, omg so many i'm luving it, great job on those, no crits this time cuz i think you're gestures blow mine away!!

granny spect's protrait is coming out good too, man u really made those changes, but the values and forms are looking much better!

u should post the b&w one, that was really great the values in the hair and facial features, i thought the color was just mucking around and you lose all those nice tones you built up, post the b&w so CA can see the cragee awesome job u did on it!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks snootchy!!
    Hahah well if you think of any crits please lemme know ^^ Totally enjoyed painting with you yesterday!!

Here's the B/W version

[CENTER]
    My Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome, looks much better without my crappy suggestion for the color overlay, haha; i think practice doing eyes, like try to do perfect eyes, but just simple smooth rendering of the eye socket and the eyeball sitting in the socket to see how much fullness an eye socket has, cuz now that i look at the portrait it looks like the eyes are a bit sunken in plus there should be a very slight light value or edge on the top of the bottom eye lid to give it more geometric form (hard to describe i'll post an example soon)

yea it was fun painting with u guys yesterday, especially that cragee funny guy from france (that's right talking about YOU walid D!)!!!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahah thanks for the tip man, that's what happens when i paint over them 10 times and then abandon them xD I'm definitely gonna do some eye and lip studies, since those two seem be troubling I get what you are saying--the eyeball is a sphere that sticks out, the eyelids wrap around that, and catch light, and btw thanks for the lesson on color again I've been thinking about all day, it's like seeing the world differently xD

[CENTER]
    My Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey halalalala, nice stuff, it was really good to watch you painting ! I really prefer the b&w version of the man ! Keep it up !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Hala, great SB! Been browsing through your latest work. You've only been here roughly 6 weeks and you've already made it to page 6! Damn, you're fast Your dedication is really admirable and contagious, at this rate you'll go very far in no time.

Enjoyed looking at your work, can't wait to see more!

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that was a crazy awesome update! Your portraits, especially the profile, looks a lot better! The gestures look a lot more cleaner as well. I keep having scratchy lines in mine. Well keep it up

http://kedrewdraws.blogspot.com

My Adventures at Ringling ^

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kedrew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All those poses! AHH!!! Great work though! There are areas here and there in your paintings where you can see little strokes. It would help to use bigger strokes for those larger areas...could speed up your process too (and we all love to be fast) Keep it up I love the work!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jackpot_anjr90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey larissa, nice studies going on. Try to focus on your gestures more, use a more confident line and take more time, don't rush it. 5 or 10 minutes would be better i think, so you'll get more out of the excersise, same with your portrait drawing or color studies, take your time, you'll get faster as you progress, and your line work will improve.

Cheers and keep up the hard work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Diego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i wanted to post before but i had to get the passwords set on ma browser the portrait of me is EPIC ROCK HAHAHA SSSSSSSSSOOOOOO COOL an you ROCKED THE LIVE STREAM!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spect certainly seems to be a popular subject at the moment! Both portraits are coming along great. I think the last one, maybe the eyes are slightly too small, and also I reckon his hair line should be wider at the top. The lighting and values are sick!
    Keep up the great work man, peace!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to danlambert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe thanks for dropping by. What can i say girl, there is so much improvement in your face paints! And that is ALOT of studies.
    Okay i have to stop being lazy and be more like you.

MOAR MOARRRRRRRR >

24. The Following User Says Thank You to shamandalie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Walid: Thanks man!

Asab: Thanks so much for stopping by! ^^ There is much more to learn still but thank you so much!!

kedrew: Hey! Thanks!

jackpot: Thanks! Yeah I really need to work on brush economy! Thanks so much ^_^

Diego: Hi! Thanks for stopping by ! Thanks, I'll start doing some more timely studies!

Grandmassa: Thanks man!! hahaha WE ALL ROCK DA LIVE STREAM!

Danlambert: Lol he is a popular subject xD Thanks for the tips! I definitely need to rework the eyes!

Shamandalie: Thanks!! Yes post moar girly!! ^___^

some studies from the past few days. anything encased in a box is my attempts at creating figures from imagination using what i learn from the studies. Exagerated on purpose. MMan, cross contours help so much

And some junk smoker girl I wont' finish because she is coming out really bad xD
    and a WIP of a man in a mage suit walking a tight rope balancing with a fishtick that you can watch on my live stream. I will finish him up soon..

MY FORESHORTENING SUCKS B@LLZ SON. T____T

[CENTER]
    My Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies, but with the faces be sure to keep checking your proportions. With the boyish face a few posts back the eyes are too inward or the face is too broad, sumthing like that. Keep it up!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom van der Linden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks so much again for the live sessions, really enjoyed watching you sketch and paint! that chick looks bada$$ just like you!! werd fishsticks! also keep drawing things with foreshortening your eye for it will definitely get better for it!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

29. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving those digital sketches! I can see the payoffs of those anatomy studies in your pencil and digital sketches.

http://kedrewdraws.blogspot.com

My Adventures at Ringling ^

31. The Following User Says Thank You to kedrew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those posemaniac pencils (ebony?) studies are comin along in bundles. Very nice.
    No erase marks from what I can see, so they're turning automatic in your brains i guess.

Those arms and form lines look sweet too, I'll aaaa, have to do some of those now.

'Value, creates form' I have to remember that. Always.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to vardoburrito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're getting a lot of progreess in anatomy and values, but I think that your line confidence is getting a bit behind.

Wonderful updates anyway

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Quike Garcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey larissa, nice batch of pencil sketches. The structural and bridgeman studies are looking good. You can check Kevin Chen demos he posted a while ago here in the site, they're great for a solid comprehension of the structure, planes and mechanics of the body, i've learnt a lot from them and still am.
    Keep up the good work.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Diego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by my sb, you seem to gain knowledge and use it as well, which is good. Yeah. The digital ones are coming out nicely too, I know how hard that is!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Konstruktion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm digging the studies and really everything! Your figures are improving a lot as a result, I think. Though watch out on your faces, it looks like the lips are becoming very flat, more like just shapes than actual form. Take a look in the mirror really closely at your own face and keep in mind how your lips project off of your face and are also wrapped around the curved surface of your teeth!
    Can't wait for more!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to sketcheth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your latest portraits have become more realistic. Keep on drawing, your studies and character designs are paying off. Remember Perseverance is key and you have plenty of that

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

43. The Following User Says Thank You to sanakris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom: thanks man! I will definitely keep working at it.

snootchy: hahah thanks man, and feel free to "bitch" about my stuff XD ur bitchin' helps you know, gangsta!!!

kedrew: Thanks man! haha

dwardo: Hahah yeah tehy were done in ebony, and I never use an eraser unless I"m going to erase the entire pose. THe more you use an eraser, the more you are slowing down your brain process and the flow of the work.

quikenobi: Thanks man! yes, sadly my line confidence just doesn't progress at the same rate as everything else. I am still working on it tho!

Diego: hey man! yes, i have looked at his work before, and plan to study it eventually, his structure makes so much sense to me thanks for stopping by!

Konstruktion: Hah np thanks so much! Yeah they are hard, that just means you gotta do more and more right?

sketcheth: Thanks man, the bit about the teeth just totally blew my mind. In the past few pieces I've struggled a lot with the lips and eventually got so frustrated I gave up. Wrapping around the teeth makes sense--thanks for making that clear!! haha

sanakris: hey hey thanks!

__________________________________________________ _____

Feeling a little burnt out so just a small update, but after the weekend I will get back to full work load.

I made a couple other things but they are really shitty, and i know they need work. So i'm gonna take some time to myself and really focus on fixing things before i post them here for crits

Onion still life from my Livestream channel, and first OC session with snootchy snootchy did that epic awesome dynamic multi limb dude

trying to push my finished works to the next level now.

Go the extra mile--every time!!!

[CENTER]
    My Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update hala. i like that onion. Alot of ur stuff is a little blurry around the edges

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus Food For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forget the naked chick...that's a sexy onion Glad I got to watch you work on it...and nice OC stuff Keep it up gangsta wangsta pranksta

48. The Following User Says Thank You to jackpot_anjr90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    um all i gotta say is wow that onion rocks hard mang, and this the third time i'm seeing it actually fourth time and gets better everytime, great job!! also thanks for shaming me on OC group paint or sketch, we were like 15minutes into it and ur already blocking in colors and had the base sketched laid down, ultra pwned me but glad to have had the chance to paint with ya!!

~THE LIVE STREAM PARTY~
    Hala's || Grandmassa Mr. Spect || Walid D's || Dwardo's || JailHouseRocks2 || Snootchy's

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

50. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sup hala!
    Your improving so much.
    Keep up the hardwork

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Niiice stuff ! Your stil life is great ! Nice oc session too, i'm looking forward to do it with ya ! Keep it up

54. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh great onion - that thing is amazing
    thanks for stopping by, and keep up the good work!!

(I also found your tut on sketchbooks really helpful)

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1