Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Please don't forget to be squinting while dropping visions.
    There's an undertone in a couple of pieces that are heavy. All the love girl.
    Use that same energy to release it and learn from.

mwah mwah

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to vardoburrito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i think your eye is just developing at freakishly fast rate for proportions and pose, man i can't even imagine to think what'll be a month later!! As for the colors in the third one, i really like it, reminds me of a Frazetta color scheme!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    white'tY tight'ES ROCK! but i perfer boxers these are MADD RADD o' an good luck w/ the interview just give some dat HALA CHARM an yer in like FLIN'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoooo studies! Those are gorgeous figures, you should seriously consider doing some with a harder brush so you really have to try to nail the subtle hues and shades of the figure and blend less. Or better yet-- do that from life! With a still life! Then go back to your figure and see if it helps! Either way...killer update I like the little sketch a the bottom. Sweeet stuff. More more!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sketcheth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dwardo: Thanks man, yes, some of my personal pieces tend to be that way--better out than in tho right? good for mental health

snootchy: hahaha that's cuz i'm half robot. *cough* XD I think that batch was a good batch, I don't think i'm always that successful, hahaha thanks! And franzetta is a god.

grandmassa: hey man thanks!!! hahah yesh, I will pawn that interview

sketcheth: thanks! I will definitely try that with the brush! Omg i need to make a space in this cramped corner for some still lifes dammit!

__________________________________________________ _____

Trying to find a method of drawing the figure that works for me. I'm finding now that when I go to draw somethign from imagination, I'm totally lost I feel so dependent on refs and studies now.

Any advice on drawing heads titled downwards, and heads in 3/4 view? I'm looked at hogarth and bridgman, and for some reason i'm just not getting it right x_x.

and I did two quick studies of my hands, trying to look at them in a constructive way.

And grandmassa's portrait since he painted mine! I'm sorry it sucks dude i really need to practice!!!!, gimme a pic with better lighting too si can see ur other eye! XD Hope u like it anyway!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    "Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    uhm big wow! mang y you holding back on us, can't believe the amount of improvement just in this last set of sketches. you have great discipline and dedication towards your studies and be pro in no time!! The paint is great too, i'd say practice different skin tones and also keep doing tonal studies of portraits cuz the values seem a little bit similar making the forms look a tad flat but great job on this last batch, keep at it!!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

13. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    like snootchy mentioned, you are improving fast. don't stop that momentum. that's the key right there. to paraphrase what someone i work with at the studio told me the other week "if you go in a direction of your choosing then heavens will follow you". seize the day big man.

PS: nice hand studies. i need to do those way more.

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi! Exciting sketchbook here...I can tell you're on a roll and there's no stopping you. Don't feel bad about being dependent on refs and studies at this stage--everyone starts out the same way. As for your head question, you could start with a simple sphere and practice drawing a line around its circumference at different angles. You could also try a few still lifes with an egg under different lighting conditions...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to courtyard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH THAT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY MADEthats rad an yer studies are all like WHAT I ROCK YA WANNA SEE SOME FEET AN HANDS PSH* I GOTS EM'

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    omg, that's him ... nice!
    oooo ... more hands, guilty, ok, I get it. you can do them.

and you could always try simplified shapes fer heads.
    a ball and half cyclinder, or even just a box. get used to finding the middle for each face of the box. (using an X, corner-to-corner)
    Settle/decide on the way the head is facing and build from there. (Easier said that done, on my end at least)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to vardoburrito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks 4 stoppin by m8!

cool stuff you got in here! but you need to keep progressing!!! if u do, your will rock hard!

cheeeeeeeeeers l8man!

Searching for female mentor! ... will pay with love.

Website COMING SOON!

NEW Sketchbook

Gallery

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lateman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    snootchy; haha thanks! You're advice helps a lot you know!! Ur crits and tips help me to know what to look for and do differently Ahhh thanks for pointing that out!!! I totally didn't notice they were the same value, haah I will keep this in mind.

peetaer: hey thanks man! Definitely can't stop now, thanks for the encouragement! hand studies are fun

courtyard: thanks! I will definitely try out those tips, especially the egg one if I can thanks so much for the advice!

grandmassa: hahah great!! LOL I love that last part "PSHHHH I GOT EM" XD Lol man you rock!!!!!!!!

dwardo: Lol I can't do them, that's why I gotta draw them xD thanks for the tip, I just need to keep practicing that!

lateman: hey thanks! Yes absolutely, can't stop!!!

Hot damn. so my computer is having probs again, as well as my tablet. Neither are working right : ( Got my job interview in a couple hours.

Yesterday went to the farm my mom works on and got some onions freshly harvested. but I think i was too ambitious with the one I decided to paint.

I need to spend more time in the block in stage and pay better attention to what is actually there, and simplify more. Practice!

Well if I can get my tablet and pc to work, get working on another still life and update again later.

So here is my unfinished sloppy onion (mmm but it smells so good)

try try again, right?

Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    the onioun is look'n good an the color rrr GREAT! an i dig the line draw'n at the start

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2