Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm angry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts

I'm angry

A few days ago a 4 day old foal had its throat slit. Luckily, its jugular was missed by a fraction of an inch. The police here think it might have been a pagan/witchcraft attack. No pagan or Wicca I know of would have done such a thing, it would go against their beliefs,

I know you're on a different continent, but any clues/help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Any ideas? Four DAYS old? Anybody heard of anything similar?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It was a pagan my friend told me so.

Thanks

Thanks
    I'll tell you what it sounds like: bunch of jerk off teenagers that think hurting defenseless things is "cool" and thinks that anyone who doesn't agree is a "fag"
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Straight Edge Ryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I don't care if you're a wannabe or not, no Pagan or anyone who does rituals are going to randomly "sacrifice" an animal. Beltane was last month. I think we're some time away from the next big Pagan holiday.

Is there a link to a news story?
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Please share said specific rituals. Pagan is an umbrella term for many different religions, not just one specific. Ancient rituals would sometimes require the sacrifice an animal, Voodoo, oracles would read the intestines of a young calf. Wiccans wouldn't kill because it violates their beliefs. Most modern Pagans don't incorporate sacrifices into their practices for obvious legal and ethical reasons.

Of course the media is gong to jump all over something like this and feed the stereotypes that anyone who is a Pagan is some crazy witch doctor that eats babies and sacrifices virgins. This is why I asked for a news story so I could read the events straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    The 'pagan cult' theory just sounds bizarre and far-fetched to me.

Most acts of random violence against animals I've seen had absolutely no meaning or excuse behind them aside some bordeline sociopathic losers trying to prove something or get a cheap power trip.

Unless they've found some pentagrams scribbled in blood (and even then it would probably be some nasty hoax), I really don't see how the police came to that conclusion.

Awful thing, nonetheless
    Last edited by Sekino; June 3rd, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    What....there be pagans around??? Send out the Inquisitors!! Burn them all!!

Oh and how is the foal?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    It could've been a lone psychopath, if that makes you feel better. There was a freak who used to go around burning down people's barns in my parents' home town. He burned down their tool shed while they were on vacation. The reason being, it's not as high a crime as burning houses where people live. This seems similar. One of my art professors used to have a pet pig in Florence, Italy. One day they found it gone - neighbors had stolen it so they could eat it.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I see we've started on the path to stupidity again. Anyone want to guess it was a bunch of Jews or Roman Papists, while they're at it?

DeadlyFreeze, you and your fucking friend can kiss my fucking ass. If you don't know why, ask.

Ale', your cops are as full of shit as most US cops. It was almost certainly a bunch of drunken teens/college agers out to have a laugh like a bunch of imbeciles that grow up to be corporate assholes.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think Deadly was being sarcastic like "Jews did 9/11, my friend said so." I don't think he/she meant it literally.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    'was probably canadians.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    lol serious thread is serious

Thanks
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/100205-s...shing-of-foal/

See, that wasn't so hard now was it?

Thanks
    I'm always wondering why people connect those incidents to pagans/wiccans.
    I only know a little about them (I did some research on the West Memphis Three a couple of years ago), but such a killing doesn't fit the general picture. The same for satanists.

In my country we had some incidents where random animals were killed or severely injured a couple of years ago. We didn't wonder if it was pagans or wiccans, we wondered what kind of sick person was doing that.

If there is evidence of a ritual it's something else. But still that does not mean it's related to pagans/wiccans or satanists. Anyone can perform a ritual as justification of a deed. Or the killing could be part of a made-up ritual. For example, if I think I'm ill and holding dead chickens over my head will cure it it doesn't make me a medicine man from Africa or India. But it might well be that I borrowed the idea from them.

People fear what they don't know. And try to lable it, so they do know something about it. It's easier to blame 'pagans' than a random madmen or violent kids.
    Because those madmen or kids could live right next door. And wiccans, pagans and satanist live somewhere else, far away.

Thanks
    Well if a person was going around slitting the throats of defenseless creatures like this foal he or she should be checked in to a mental facility, no matter what the purpose was for.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    Well if a person was going around slitting the throats of defenseless creatures like this foal he or she should be checked in to a mental facility, no matter what the purpose was for.
    And what if someone is slitting the throats of defenseless creatures as a job?
    So we can pick up meat in the supermarket without wondering how it got there in the first place?
    Do those people need to be checked into a mental facility, or are we the ones who should be doing that?

And in case you are wondering, I'm no vegan or vegetarian, I'm just very aware that what I eat frequently is dead animals and I know those don't grow on trees.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 737 Posts
    I completely agree with Ilaekae. It wasn't a Pagan or a Wiccan or a Satanist or a Catholic or a whatever, it was an idiot. Anyone who'd do this is nothing more than a moron. When I was at school there were a bunch of kids who used to try and raise the dead in a graveyard by talking bollocks over graves. They thought they were Satanists. The local vicar found out about them and called them Satanists too. It made them very happy. They weren't, as anybody rational could easily see. Everyone at school knew who they were; they were the local twats and one of them worked in the cheese factory at weekends. Any name other than dickhead, means nothing when people do something like this.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aly Fell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    As if I didn't know this retort was coming......

Those animals were bred for one purpose and that's to be consumed...mindlessly killing for no apparent reason (be it for sports, arcane rituals, or just being a dick) is wrong...if you wish to argue semantics pick a different subject.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Brashen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Alesoun, I understand this anger. One would think that mankind would be satisfied with torturing it's own. People who hurt the defenseless in our world are far beyond sick. The question is, what will you do with this anger? It is my experience that if I do not use it to a good purpose, it will certainly use me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A 4 year old foal was murdered and you are denying who killed it just because you are afraid of what might happen to pagans and the milarky?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    The police haven't got a clue. It's about as likely to be 'pagans' as aliens. They need to research the history of horse rippers in the UK. Disturbing yet interesting.

Thanks
    Idle hands and vandalism.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    I'll tell you what it sounds like: bunch of jerk off teenagers that think hurting defenseless things is "cool"
    Agreed, unfortunatly there are these types living in this world. As for pagans, i get the understanding that they are respectful toward all things nature based and that pagans stem way back before Christian or Satanic beliefs. Often Celtic or Scandinavian origin. And to be honest I think nature deserves far more respect than it gets over the worship of any fictional god or such like. Just my opinion.

Like Ryan said, just a bunch of jerks with nothing else better to do. Sad.

Thanks
    It could be idiot teenagers but it could equally well be other groups. Historically some horse mutilations have been linked to sexual practices, with genitals often being the target, so it's possible that the person resonsible is a sexual deviant. Motives have also included revenge. And horses can also harm themselves, on barbed wire for instance, or in fights with other horses or dogs.

And Satanists - lol! Contrary to popular belief Satanists don't creep round the countryside being evil. They're no less law abiding than anyone else.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    the foal could have stumbled onto the knife!

Thanks
    What knife is that, then?

Thanks
    Woah! I didn't mean to stir up such a hornets' nest. I stated right at the off that I DIDN'T think that Pagans or Wiccans would do such a thing, but this happened in Stirling and in the South Of England a few years ago; only one crazy was caught, and he couldn't have done them all.

According to the vet, this didn't happen on barbed wire or anything like that. The wound was almost eight inches long, and by the time the foal was found it had opened up to nearly four inches.

I was wondering if this had happened in other countries, and if anybody had found out who did it...

Thanks
    You can replace "crazy" with "Grafitti artist."
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast