Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: E3 streaming live now!

Thanks
    Just wondering, as an employee of a games company do you ever get to go to E3 and stuff?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow sony..... just.. ....wow <_>
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Here's to Assassin's Creed 2......sex

Thanks
    I thought Sony's take on motion control is the most practical for gaming, combines the full body aspect of natal with the camera (I think) with a more advanced wiimote, the archery was awesome.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    Here's to Assassin's Creed 2......sex
    I feel like the only one in the world when I say I thought the first was absolutely boring and repetitive, dressed up with nice production values. Combat was just... god it was a mess.

Though I was tripping balls at the sight of the trailer. Gorgeous for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AC combat was pretty good I thought, none of that health bars or set health nonsense and good involvement of parrying and stuff.

Thanks
    FUCK

I want that new Team Ninja Metroid, but it's on the Wii.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    I feel like the only one in the world when I say I thought the first was absolutely boring and repetitive, dressed up with nice production values. Combat was just... god it was a mess.

Though I was tripping balls at the sight of the trailer. Gorgeous for sure.
    Boring...I disagree to a certain point....repetitive..hells to the yes....console games mate. To me exploring each city and fucking around with guardsmen was pure joy. Working up strategies to taking down a group of aggressors was a thrill to do....and when you pull off the perfect escape without a hitch the rush you feel as your waiting in a haystack or someone's roof garden is exhilarating. Still if the controls were more like Mirror's edge rather than just have the player hold down the same 2 buttons , I believe the truly skilled and quick thinking people would be set apart from the crowds of button mashers and would have made for a much more enjoyable game experience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    Boring...I disagree to a certain point....repetitive..hells to the yes....console games mate. To me exploring each city and fucking around with guardsmen was pure joy. Working up strategies to taking down a group of aggressors was a thrill to do....and when you pull off the perfect escape without a hitch the rush you feel as your waiting in a haystack or someone's roof garden is exhilarating. Still if the controls were more like Mirror's edge rather than just have the player hold down the same 2 buttons , I believe the truly skilled and quick thinking people would be set apart from the crowds of button mashers and would have made for a much more enjoyable game experience.
    I agree with you on this one. By the way, am I the only one that thought Assassins Creed was very well written? I mean god knows the storyline wasn't revolutionary, but I thought a lot of the dialogue and philosophical questions brought up in the game, especially revolving around moral ambiguity and significance of actions over just actions themselves, were very interesting. I just liked how they didn't skimp on the intellectual side of the game because god knows when the game revolves around assassins they could have just made it into another macho man's-man kinda game
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

chriskot is offline non-dishwasher safe, keep away from open flame
    Thanks
    Nintendo is winning it for me, actually. They did a damn nice job making up for last year's showing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    I agree with you on this one. By the way, am I the only one that thought Assassins Creed was very well written? I mean god knows the storyline wasn't revolutionary, but I thought a lot of the dialogue and philosophical questions brought up in the game, especially revolving around moral ambiguity and significance of actions over just actions themselves, were very interesting. I just liked how they didn't skimp on the intellectual side of the game because god knows when the game revolves around assassins they could have just made it into another macho man's-man kinda game
    In all honesty, I was killing my a button hoping to skip all that. The main actor's hilariously American accent prevented me from taking any of the dialogue seriously.

Thanks
    The ps3 eye toy tracking! oh the possiblitys, (assuming it can track more inputs) can you imagine that technology combined with the guy who did the 3d wii mod, you could have fully immersive 3d gaming right there!

the possiblitys man, the technology is right there....
    dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Is it just me or did Sony completely rape MS with their press conference?

The Last Guardian looks absolutely incredible. Sony's controller, while not as impressive from a purely technical perspective, seems much more usable for actual games. Final Fantasy FOURTEEN!? Uncharted 2, new Rockstar IP, a MGS game Kojima actually wants to make and is actually involved in, and then all the other stuff that was completely expected - like GoW3 being stunning.

I'm really excited for Alan Wake, but that's it. I am a big a Halo fan as anyone, but enough already.

As for non-exclusives, AC looks ace. If only they fix the issues from the first one... instant classic. Modern Warfare will deliver more of the same, only bigger and better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast