Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Final Fantasy 13 is looking amazing.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only thing that REALLY caught my eye was the Star Wars: The Old Republic cinematic trailer. Holy crap, Blizzard is definitely no longer the leader in cinematics; thats probably the most amazing trailer I've ever seen.
    It's kind of unfortunate though, because I don't really like the art style of the actual game... I noticed some of the characters have really big cartoony feet. kind of takes away from the total badassery that was the cinematic.

Straight Edge Ryan is offline much less of a douchebag in person, I promise Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I refuse to play Final Fantasy because at this point I've missed out on the storyline of like 12 previous games and I'm not gonna play catch up. Also I'm not a huge fan of J-RPGs

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    none of the final fantasy games have consecutive storylines. The only sequel was FFX2, which was considered awful even by FF fans. All the others were stand alone games. And if you dislike JRPGs because of the combat, you might like FFXII

I don't like final fantasy because:
    - the main characters are always cheesy heroes or whiny teenagers, they always have an inevitable girlfriend who can't think for herself, and the evil badguy is always the same evil badguy with long hair, a long trenchcoat and sword + guns etc
    - the art direction doesn't appeal to me, for the most part
    - the story is hyped up to be good, but for some reason is the same thing every time (group of kids kill monsters, save the world and fall in love etc etc, only with truckloads of drama that's supposed to be interesting)
    - It's EASY, WTF. Even bosses are a cakewalk if you grind enough, i.e. play through 50 hours or so of fighting enemies in one area over and over, questioning why you put yourself through such boredom only to finally fight the boss and push him over :/

basically, final fantasy doesn't require the player to think, which goes along with the above reasons that explain its popularity.

Zaxser is offline Steph Laberis Fanboy Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    I refuse to play Final Fantasy because at this point I've missed out on the storyline of like 12 previous games and I'm not gonna play catch up. Also I'm not a huge fan of J-RPGs
    Are you being silly or just a troll? None of the final fantasies have anythingto do with each other plot wise. That's why two, three, and five can be released in America something like eight years after seven was released.

I do recommend playing the highlights, if only to see how much more involved game making has become. From the original's excuse plot, to four's actual characters, five's job system, six's beautiful sprites, music and involved storyline, seven's design ability raising it out of 3-D uginess... 8, 9 and 10's crazy long cut scenes.

The game looks pretty, but I'm old school enough to miss Nobou's music and, to a lesser extent, Amano's designs. Oh well, he'll probably do the main theme anyway.

Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Dorkthrone is offline The skyline was beautiful on fire. Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Challie View Post
    none of the final fantasy games have consecutive storylines. The only sequel was FFX2, which was considered awful even by FF fans. All the others were stand alone games. And if you dislike JRPGs because of the combat, you might like FFXII
    Actually, if I'm correct, they made a DS sequel to FFXII and there's a different FFXIII game by the guy who made Kingdom Hearts.

Dorkthrone is offline The skyline was beautiful on fire. Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apparently, Shigeru Miyamoto showed this new piece of Zelda concept art to a select group of people.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjacat11 View Post
    Actually, if I'm correct, they made a DS sequel to FFXII and there's a different FFXIII game by the guy who made Kingdom Hearts.
    There are also a few spin offs on Final Fantasy VII like Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. And the sequel to Final Fantasy IV was recently released on WiiWare...

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.