Thread: E3 streaming live now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E3 streaming live now!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome!!! thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Microsoft just owned everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was just watching the Microsoft spotlight on G4! The Natal project looked interesting, though it really seems aimed at casual gamers. I suspect that it'll join a lot of WiiFits collecting dust in the corners of households...

I was excited when they started doing the paint demo, but that swiftly died as it didn't really seem like you could get any sort of fine-control at all.

Milo was frickin' cool, though.

..:|sketches|:..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    that was incredible... , awesome microsoft

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Project Natal looks awesome!!!! Loving the paint thing, that has so much potential. Halo odst, Metal Gear for 360 and...........Assassins Creed 2, I hope they demo AC2. Thanks Robert. B, you made me geek out, lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Omg microsoft just dropped bombs 0_0

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not really impressed. I'm not so sure Natal is going to be more than a gimmick actually. The motion sensors seemed a bit unresponsive (check out how shaky it was when the guy was showing the bottom of his avatar's shoe; it looked like the avatar had a seizure). I did laugh when Kojima said "Who said anything about Solid Snake?". Game-wise, not a bad line-up but I wished they could have spent more time on those than movie features. Alan Wake looked great.

I'm eagerly awaiting the other two conferences. I sincerely hope it focuses more on games. That said, based on what happened in Nintendo's 2008 presentation ("You really like that throttle, don't-cha Reggie?"), I have higher hopes for Sony's this year than Nintendo's

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Meh. The natal thing didn't look revolutionary at all. That's exactly what the PS eye claimed to do, and we all saw how well that went.

Damn microsoft for forcing konami to jam a whole mgs game onto a DVD (Or five, in which case I'd be glad).

But then again I loathe Microsoft on the console front with all my heart, so anything they will ever do will suck in my eyes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Nintendo conference is going on right now.

Everything was meh until Golden Sun DS was announced. Woo hoo! After that, everything is pretty meh again I wish they could stop boasting their sales number and discuss games a little (see: a lot) more.

EDIT: DS is looking to have a substantially better line-up than the Wii. I am impressed!

Last edited by Alex Chow; June 2nd, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Rain View Post
    I was excited when they started doing the paint demo, but that swiftly died as it didn't really seem like you could get any sort of fine-control at all.
    Judging from level of the other stuff they demonstrated I think it is capable of much more on the art thing, I think they were just doing it quickly to give a vague idea, after all, look at ubisoft's presentation, mostly just talking, a guy painting a picture of an elephant would get dull if he was spending ages going into fine detail and stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think Nintendo saved itself from being a repeat of 2008, it's unfortunate that all the weight was at the end.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wondering, as an employee of a games company do you ever get to go to E3 and stuff?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow sony..... just.. ....wow <_>

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's to Assassin's Creed 2......sex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought Sony's take on motion control is the most practical for gaming, combines the full body aspect of natal with the camera (I think) with a more advanced wiimote, the archery was awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    Here's to Assassin's Creed 2......sex
    I feel like the only one in the world when I say I thought the first was absolutely boring and repetitive, dressed up with nice production values. Combat was just... god it was a mess.

Though I was tripping balls at the sight of the trailer. Gorgeous for sure.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AC combat was pretty good I thought, none of that health bars or set health nonsense and good involvement of parrying and stuff.

Dorkthrone is offline The skyline was beautiful on fire. Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FUCK

I want that new Team Ninja Metroid, but it's on the Wii.

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    I feel like the only one in the world when I say I thought the first was absolutely boring and repetitive, dressed up with nice production values. Combat was just... god it was a mess.

Boring...I disagree to a certain point....repetitive..hells to the yes....console games mate. To me exploring each city and fucking around with guardsmen was pure joy. Working up strategies to taking down a group of aggressors was a thrill to do....and when you pull off the perfect escape without a hitch the rush you feel as your waiting in a haystack or someone's roof garden is exhilarating. Still if the controls were more like Mirror's edge rather than just have the player hold down the same 2 buttons , I believe the truly skilled and quick thinking people would be set apart from the crowds of button mashers and would have made for a much more enjoyable game experience.

Straight Edge Ryan is offline much less of a douchebag in person, I promise Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    Boring...I disagree to a certain point....repetitive..hells to the yes....console games mate. To me exploring each city and fucking around with guardsmen was pure joy. Working up strategies to taking down a group of aggressors was a thrill to do....and when you pull off the perfect escape without a hitch the rush you feel as your waiting in a haystack or someone's roof garden is exhilarating. Still if the controls were more like Mirror's edge rather than just have the player hold down the same 2 buttons , I believe the truly skilled and quick thinking people would be set apart from the crowds of button mashers and would have made for a much more enjoyable game experience.
    I agree with you on this one. By the way, am I the only one that thought Assassins Creed was very well written? I mean god knows the storyline wasn't revolutionary, but I thought a lot of the dialogue and philosophical questions brought up in the game, especially revolving around moral ambiguity and significance of actions over just actions themselves, were very interesting. I just liked how they didn't skimp on the intellectual side of the game because god knows when the game revolves around assassins they could have just made it into another macho man's-man kinda game

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

chriskot is offline non-dishwasher safe, keep away from open flame Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nintendo is winning it for me, actually. They did a damn nice job making up for last year's showing.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
    SKETCHBOOK | BLOG
    ☆★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    I agree with you on this one. By the way, am I the only one that thought Assassins Creed was very well written? I mean god knows the storyline wasn't revolutionary, but I thought a lot of the dialogue and philosophical questions brought up in the game, especially revolving around moral ambiguity and significance of actions over just actions themselves, were very interesting. I just liked how they didn't skimp on the intellectual side of the game because god knows when the game revolves around assassins they could have just made it into another macho man's-man kinda game
    In all honesty, I was killing my a button hoping to skip all that. The main actor's hilariously American accent prevented me from taking any of the dialogue seriously.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ps3 eye toy tracking! oh the possiblitys, (assuming it can track more inputs) can you imagine that technology combined with the guy who did the 3d wii mod, you could have fully immersive 3d gaming right there!

the possiblitys man, the technology is right there....

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it just me or did Sony completely rape MS with their press conference?

The Last Guardian looks absolutely incredible. Sony's controller, while not as impressive from a purely technical perspective, seems much more usable for actual games. Final Fantasy FOURTEEN!? Uncharted 2, new Rockstar IP, a MGS game Kojima actually wants to make and is actually involved in, and then all the other stuff that was completely expected - like GoW3 being stunning.

I'm really excited for Alan Wake, but that's it. I am a big a Halo fan as anyone, but enough already.

As for non-exclusives, AC looks ace. If only they fix the issues from the first one... instant classic. Modern Warfare will deliver more of the same, only bigger and better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvuv View Post
    Is it just me or did Sony completely rape MS with their press conference?
    I rather thought Sony outdid Nintendo, and overshadowed MS. Those games looked gorgeous and their Eyetoy prototypes fed a frenzy of possible game uses in my mind; I couldn't really think of any practical gaming uses for Microsoft's Natal aside from casual gaming interactions.

And...PSP Go! Frickin' adorable, that thing.

Plus...well, I know I'm supposed to judge these presentations more on their games, technology, and maybe industry numbers, but I thought Sony's presentation came off more naturally charismatic than Microsoft's or Nintendo's. I admit, I'm a sucker for a good speaker, and watching that engineer playing with the Eyetoys, flawed coordination and all (his hand/eye coordination, not the prototype tracking), made me relate to the experience.

..:|sketches|:..

Straight Edge Ryan is offline much less of a douchebag in person, I promise Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In all honesty, I was killing my a button hoping to skip all that. The main actor's hilariously American accent prevented me from taking any of the dialogue seriously.
    well they said that machine translated all of the different languages and accents but yeah I see your point. It did get old on repeated playthroughs when I just wanted to assassinate someone. Even more frustrating was in earlier missions when you had to manually travel to the city from Masyaf and I was like "I just want to stab someone in the neck, why do I have to wait 10 minutes to do it?". Still, good game in my opinion

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

gotta agree with you there Jason, no matter how hard I tried or how "pretty" it was I just could not get into Assassins creed. It just got incredibly boring and I felt like I was sifting through piles of tedious manure to get to the good stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Assassins Creed for me too was very repetitive. However the storyline is awesome imo. And being a lover of all things medieval it just has me hooked (even still now). I love planning how I am going to take down the targets all stealth like, but that could just be me. The combat system is swish and I cannot personally wait for the second installment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.