Sketchbook: Sketchbook of a Film Artist (update page 8)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook of a Film Artist (update page 8)

Hi,
    My name is Ken. During the day I'm a Matte Painter and Concept Artist on feature films. In the evenings and on weekends (when I have them) I sketch and do scattered Illustration work.

I don't get to take my work home with me. The NDAs in the industry are extremely strict and the images I complete are often filed away for an extremely long time.

This has created a huge desire in myself to do as much personal work as possible.

A lot of my current stuff is done at the ol' coffee shop or Starbucks on my way home from the office.

For my movie stuff I have a matte painting section at my website www.kenmccuen.com

For sketching....

My weapons of choice are pencil, ballpoint pen, and watercolors. ... usually in a moleskine, or on bond paper for sketching.... rag/print-making paper, graphite, oils, watercolor, and/or digital for my finals.

I used to do a lot of pen sketching on the train to work... it made a lot of drawing look like it was created during a mild earthquake.

Some of the stuff below is pretty old (latter part of art school)... go page 7 and 8 of my sketchbook for more current stuff.

Thanks for taking a look,

Ken

Name:  ken_mccuen_burst.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  31.1 KB

Last edited by kennygeeze; November 3rd, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 3