Thread: Drag Me to Hell

Thanks

Drag Me to Hell

You really should see it. It's PG-13, but it's easily one of the most intense horror movies I've seen in a while.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I agree man, this is Sam Raimi s best work since Army of Darkness. I am seriously traumatized from seeing it, definitely one of the best horror movies of all time. Scary as hell!!!
    Last edited by James.C; June 1st, 2009 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    i'm looking forward to this...old skool rules
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    finally a horror movie that works with audio and visual effects to create tension and fear instead of just throwing a bunch of gore at you and saying "what do you think we're gonna do next?" IM LOOKING AT YOU SAW AND HOSTEL
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    finally a horror movie that works with audio and visual effects to create tension and fear instead of just throwing a bunch of gore at you and saying "what do you think we're gonna do next?" IM LOOKING AT YOU SAW AND HOSTEL
    Though it was suprisingly gory for a PG-13 movie.

And I'm glad they don't just cram in a bunch of CGI shots of the monster every chance they get.

The ending kicks ass.

Thanks
    I'd like for them to include Within the Woods, with this movie's DVD release. (Another Sam Raimi flick that was made in 1978.) As for the movie itself, I may be an Evil Dead fan, but I'll check this one out for sure.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

Thanks
    Most fun I've had at a theater since....hell, I can't remember when. Personally, I thought this was MUCH better than ANY of the Evil Deads (including Army of Darkness).

Just the right amount of camp mixed in with the intense horror (and gore/goo). Gawddamn amazing film. Even a seance for the ages.

I was a twisted mess at the end, but as the ending credits began creeping up the screen, I just burst out laughing. Both me and my SO could NOT stop laughing - even the folks behind us were laughing. So. much. fun. to be had.

What was even funnier, was leaving the theater and going out into the bright, sun filled afternoon. Looked just like movie, too (how much of it is breezy sunny days). Made us feel off. Like a good horror film should make you feel.

Thanks
    A really really good film. I love Raimi's work (although I have always disliked Army of Darkness as his weakest movie, and yes I include Spiderman 3 in that assessment). The only thing that would keep this movie from reaching cult level is there are few really memorable and quoteable lines, which is one of the things that makes a movie really reach that cult level. However, this really shows that Raimi knows how to make us squirm and laugh, and use every trick available to get us right where he wants us. I loved the shadow and sound work!

Thanks
    Still can't get this film outta my head. And yes, the sound effects/editing were perfection in this.

And the anvil. OMG, there's an anvil in this movie!

Thanks
    love that car...

i was amazed at how many mouth gags could fit in this movie. everything that could go in there went in there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaS View Post
    Most fun I've had at a theater since....hell, I can't remember when. Personally, I thought this was MUCH better than ANY of the Evil Deads (including Army of Darkness).

Just the right amount of camp mixed in with the intense horror (and gore/goo). Gawddamn amazing film. Even a seance for the ages.

I was a twisted mess at the end, but as the ending credits began creeping up the screen, I just burst out laughing. Both me and my SO could NOT stop laughing - even the folks behind us were laughing. So. much. fun. to be had.

What was even funnier, was leaving the theater and going out into the bright, sun filled afternoon. Looked just like movie, too (how much of it is breezy sunny days). Made us feel off. Like a good horror film should make you feel.
    Actually, I think that Evil Dead 2 is a little bit better, but it is better than Army of Darkness.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    I liked it a whole bunch, but in places it was very remniscent of "Night of the Demon"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050766/
    Last edited by Flake; June 7th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks
    I saw it yesterday...fuckin great!

Poor girl though...I was hoping Ash would come out of nowhere and save her haha.

Thanks
    Did anyone else notice that Christine committed the 7 Deadly Sins?

-Sloth
    -Gluttony
    -Greed
    -Wrath
    -Envy
    -Pride
    -Lust