TC Suggestions and Discussion - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TC Suggestions and Discussion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    problem is kids are al in DA makin pony art and sonic or anime art and u need to update the topic :CC pleease devine comedy is jan 6

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think we ned to change the gap to 25 and make it 25 age below plus i dont think any teens will come their to busy in DA having their time
    or just having fun i good idea is to have a weeky sketch thing for ametures no contes things no popularty contest that make losers feels shit just weekly stuff
    the winners are the guys wh posted more it would be nicee though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    or how bout make a oc thing where characters interact with people like for example going to a restaurant then another guys replys
    diffrent situations every week like klliing, inside a stomach or fighting the president or eating a hoolahoop or riding a sheep or a story thing like or just killing thing revive it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I'm new here but whats up with the weekly challenges? I was the only one to finish the last one and its kind of lame : p Reading through the comments here and I'm pretty amazed by the lack of work I'm seeing. I don't think increasing the age gap will make much of a difference and honestly it would probably be for the best at this point. Maybe seeing a couple of artists that can/will do the work can motivate the others to actually go for it? The age gate to me is only in place because it assumes it's creating a level playing field and if that's the case what's the point? No ones walking away from these with any new info. TC to me needs a total revamp and some one to wrangle this together more effectively. From what I see it makes no sense to even do these. No one gives crits, topics are incredibly vague and doesn't really lend itself to showing how someone can use it for self improvement. I'd like to help if i could even if it meant only 2 other people actually finishing these things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys i think we should start the teen challenge again.........i for one am in and more teens have started joining too so.....yea

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would be interested in getting involved too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I know you've all been waiting a long time to see the Teen Challenges back.

I've been asked to step in temporarily so I just want to apologise for the lack of updates and regular challenges.

Things have been pretty up in the air round here these last few months and the Community challenges have taken a big hit. Hopefully things will settle down again and everyone can get back to normal working conditions soon.

I've posted a thread for the latest challenge so go check it out!

Details and deadlines are in-thread and if anyone has any questions, just ask and I'll answer best I can. This is my first time organising a challenge so if I've missed anything or messed something up, let me know and I'll get it sorted.

If anyone has any questions not related to the latest topic, please ask them in here. That way, we can keep the challenge thread for wip's/sketches/topic only.

Cheers

Candra

Last edited by Candra H; September 1st, 2013 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick comment today. Got lots going on elsewhere.

Going to close the voting for TC #200 tomorrow afternoon at some point. Want to get enough time to anounce the winner, get their topic choice and start the next challenge on Sunday. Lets keep this baby moving forward peoples.

So if you havent voted yet, get on it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the teen challenge is a very nice idea, but it could be presented better. Young people are never going to produce really professional-looking art, the incentive (for me) to participate is to improve, to see how people in my situation handle problems in their paintings, and to have fun. Being able to win is nice, but not the most important aspect of this in my opinion. Somehow, the introductions should maybe tell participants to have fun and try to learn things. Sparking a discussion to give constructive critiscism would be awesome.

Clockwork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good suggestion, Clockwork. Been thinking about that and will probably start including something in the challenge op's. I also feel like too many restrictions and must do's can stifle creativity and learning and have been trying to soften up on that a little.

Also going to set up a winners gallery like they have in other challenges so all the winning entries get displayed in one easy to find thread. Means there's less pressure on sorting out prizes and the like because at least everyone who wins will get a gallery spot, and the learning should definitely be the most important aspect for sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me like the winners gallery.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh. Good to hear Ossmosse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to apologise for the delay in getting the next challenge set up. Life is a bit hectic at the moment and I havent got as much free time as I'd like.

Got an idea good to go, just need to get some stuff sorted out and will post it up in the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by strangedawn View Post
    hello can i really know what is the age limit here.THANKS=)
    13-18? Here's an idea, how about posting the next topic half way between the previous topic. Those who don't have time for the previous topic can participate on the new one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, you can participate if you're younger than 13 right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well it does say teen which is 13-18...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think anyone would mind if a participant were younger than 13. Maybe there is an official age restriction to join the forum, so 12 year olds might not be able to join according to the rules, but I doubt that.

EDIT: chandra, are you okay? Seems you're quite busy.

Last edited by theclockworkpainter; October 9th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the Teen Challenges are 13-19 inclusive - ie, people aged 13 or 19 can enter. I didn't make the rules but I think that makes sense, because allowing people under thirteen or over nineteen would widen the skill level too much. We could end up with pro's competing against twelve year olds and while I'm all for developing a thick skin about your art, that kind of competition might be a bit too demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by theclockworkpainter View Post
    EDIT: chandra, are you okay? Seems you're quite busy.
    I'm okay, thanks, Clockwork. Real life is getting... well, difficult at the moment. But thats neither here nor there really. Just wish I could devote the amount of time these challenges require to run smoothly. Maybe I'll go begging at Dile's door at some point.

Anyway, next challenge is one the way. Going to make it a long one (two weeks) so I may need to implement that suggestion above and post a quicky interim topic halfway through.

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and patience. It's you guys who make this thing work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been thinking. I know, I know, a dangerous pursuit. But, what does everyone think about having your own stickied general discussion thread in here?

It could be for anything challenge or art related, as well as anything else you want to talk about. What kind of art you like, the movies you're into, games, music, what you did at the weekend etc.

I'd probably need to run it by the other staff but I thought it might be nice to have somewhere a bit separate where you can hang out. I wouldnt take part, just keep an eye on things from the sidelines so discussions don't get too heated etc.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it could definetely be nice, a bit like what I expected and wanted from google hangouts. Just a `chatroom` where you can post on whenever you feel like it and post about whatever you feel like posting about. Not sure if there are enough people for it to work well, but there is only one way to find out

-Dennis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is the Lounge area of the site, just for that purpose. We could make a thread in there

When they ask you why you didn't become a professional artist, must the answer then be laziness?
    Join me in search of a better answer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys.

You're right about there not being many people at the moment, Dennis. Thought a talk thread of your own might encourage more people to join in.

I hear you, BHDH. Just thought it might be nice for you guys to have your own space away from the lounge (you'll get all sorts in there, lol) while being close to the challenges.

Will wait to see if anyone else shows interest. If not, no worries, we'll keep things as they are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually don't see the problem at all for as it stands right now, I think we're with 6 or 7 and we had 4 entries, next week I will send one in aswel so keep it at 5. I've seen many other "" of the week with less than 5 entries, and as long as we're giving each other critic's I don't see what's wrong with how it is now. The group is small but I actually like that more because you kinda know the people that give you feedback and vice versa. Maybe it's just me though

-Dennis

Ma Sketchbook brings all the girls to the forums, damn right its worse than yours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Dennis, it's going pretty well as of now. Maybe you could make a general thread for us all together (might actually be nice), but one thread for every individual would be overdoing it I think.

Clockwork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh no, haha, I meant a single thread for all of you to use. Must have worded that badly. If you all like the idea, let me know.

New challenge is up. Go check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes I like the idea, we can always try and see if it works, or if there are just no posts after a while.

-Dennis

Ma Sketchbook brings all the girls to the forums, damn right its worse than yours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool, thanks Dennis. Will wait a while to see if anyone else adds their interest.

I can always start a thread up at some point and like you say, if no one posts, it's not a big deal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually like that idea, or even a create a entire class/thread devoted to teaching concept art. Every 2 weeks we have an assignment(the challenges) and in between we have to do mini projects for homework,etc.

Last edited by HaoningW; December 8th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That sounds extremely fun, not sure if there is someone to set up all these small homework assignments though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, might be a bit beyond me I'm afraid. I'm no concept artist. Can give you guys challenges to work on but when it comes to teaching the subject, I'm not much use.

I think I'll go ahead and set up and chat thread in a day or so though, give you guys somewhere you can come and bash out ideas and theories etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 43