Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Alien prequel to come out

Link

Dear god, I hope this is good. Alien is one of my favorite films of all time.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It better not be something in the vein of the Alien vs. Predator films.

Thanks
    Hey, it was going to happen sooner or later; and I don't want to hear Anybody complain about that "its not as good as the old one."
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Would be pretty cool if it's about how the alien ship from the first movie gets infested....
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSeraph View Post
    Hey, it was going to happen sooner or later; and I don't want to hear Anybody complain about that "its not as good as the old one."
    How 'bout we complain if it's another loud, slimy, mindless crapfest that about as cerebral as professional wrestling? As much as I love the original Alien movies, AVP completely ruined it for me.

Thanks
    Yay! I can't wait, as long as it isn't as bad as the fourth alien film or the first avp ( I liked the second one, maybe because I was so happy it wasn't as terrible as the first). I've just recently watched all the films so I'm even more excited than I would normally be for a new film.

Oh, and if anyone is Glasgow before the end of August, I recommend going to Alien Wars http://www.thearches.co.uk/ALIEN-WARS.htm It is amazing, the closest you could get to being in Aliens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I have to say that the Alien itself, given that it hasn't really learned any new tricks over the past few movies, has become a little boring and predictable. Step one: pop out of something. Step two: sneak around and jump out scare people. The first few films were amazing because there was mystery to them. We didn't even really know what the thing looked like until the end of the movie and you never really knew what it was capable of.

Now everything caters to impatient audiences who get to see the monster right away and when they do they see a dumbed down creature design. Some how it has regressed to a floppy, snarling snot fountain. Kind of a cartoon of itself. The latest incarnations of the alien retain little to none of the "biomechanical" qualities very little of the twisted sexual symbolism. They just seem to have made it snarlier and slimier.

As much as I want a good sequel that expands on the alien and what it is, etc. I think the first movie was so great because that mystery made the monster even scarier.
    Last edited by N D Hill; May 31st, 2009 at 02:47 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I kinda agree with N D Hill on this one, we know all the aliens tricks. And the AVP movies only served to kinda mess up the plot of the other Aliens movies (since they took place in modern times and the Aliens movies take place some 1-200 years in the future).

The first one was a horror film, it had a lot of the familiar equations of a good horror film. One single mysterious creature in a large, dark, space ship with a lot of confusing corridors, slowly picking off members of the crews who weren't very well armed in the first place and while it may not be horrible frightening by modern standards it still left a lot of people shitless in the 70s. The second was more of a sci-fi/action/horror film, they were still unfamiliar, we were still curious to learn more about them, where they came from, if there were more, we wanted to get a better look at them and see how they'd react when they weren't just fighting unarmed scientists. The third was a return to a more horror feel, not quite as memorable as the first or second but still decent as far as third installments of movies go. The fourth..."meh" is all I'm gonna say. Still I'm not opposed to the idea of this being a good movie, the whole deal with the space jockeys found in the first film has never been clearly explained and it could deliver some of that mystery that made its predecessors so great
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 16,681 Times in 5,021 Posts
    I will happily ignore this and consider it non-canon, as I've ignored every entry in the franchise since #3.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    From what I've heard, Ridley Scott gave it the OK, so it should at least be better than the AVP movies.

N.D does make very good points about the Alien movies. I'm thinking the new director should have something interesting up his sleeve.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    There was a large stone slab in a forest close to where I grew up. We called it "Dracula's Grave", and it really was for quite some time. Walking close to it at night was dangerous. Later I learned that it was just a concrete foundation for a kiosk and the magic was gone.

What I like about the alien is that it is mysterious and ancient. I love that fossilized derelict ship in the first movie just because it's not explained. It teases the imagination just like Dracula's Grave did. From what I hear (perhaps Ridley said it himself) the ship is just some transport for bio weapons (i.e. the aliens, perhaps engineered by the jockeys?). Meh.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prometheus|ANJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    When I hear the word prequel, Star Wars pop into my head. So.... my first though was - omg ... Alien from Nostromo is going to be an egg the whole time, Jones the cat is going to be a kitty, Ash a young science officer will go to Mustafar and become a mechanical man, and Ripley a 17 year old will be chasing after boys the whole time, making the movie a teen comedy
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thirdeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    awesome! I think, done well and with great art direction this film could be amazing!!

*locks bedroom door and refuses to come out till release day, queue the internet hype machine*

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I'll forgive everything if the female protagonist runs around in low white cotton panties most of the movie. And the alien sets off the sprinkler system, which in the future works by just spraying baby oil everywhere.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Prometheus|ANJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    well,it should go right along with the new predator film by robert rodriguez.
    i could care less about a prequel,i don't need shit explained,thank you. and don't you dare come with "alien homeworld". urgh.
    i'm honestly more exited about the new avp game...now that looks awesome.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast