Sketchbook: Shinn learns to draw.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Shinn learns to draw.

Hello people of conceptart.org!
    My name is Francis, Im 21 years old (almost 22 ) and Im from Montreal, Canada so yeah, im a frenchie . I discovered this website recently by a friend of mine so today, May 23rd 2009, I am posting for the first time!

The last few days of my existence have been a real pain. You can choose to skip this paragraph if you dont care about my personal life )

(In a nutshell, I spent most of my time for the last 3 months with a girl at school and I gradually started to love her. Just recently I asked her out because I thought the feeling was mutual. Well for the first time in 3 months after I told her my feelings, she tells me that she has a boyfriend. It was with no doubt the girl I loved to most until now, and a sad thing is I still do even after that. She was clearly hurt to see me that way and she felt bad for the faact she never told me. My heart is now broken and Im having a real hard time getting over it.
    With that said, I still kept talking to her after and then came the end of school. Some people got an interview for a job, and some didnt. I didnt. I applied to the companies I want to work for and still havent got any answers. Its been a week now. Yesterday I learned she got a job, and a couple of my friends did too. Im happy for them, and ashamed of myself. I guess I didnt work hard enough.
    I took some time to think about all of this and the fact I didnt get a job means I still have work to do.
    So now, school is over, I am left to myself and my not so happy thoughts, I dont see anything good ahead of me so far, and I realize I lack skills in what I want to do for a job later.

I saw people here post a sketchbook and update every day and become very good so I will give it a shot. Id say Im in a good mindset for this right now as I have few to lose and only have a goal in life right now; improving in drawing. )

I draw since 3 years, pretty much since I got my graphics tablet. I learned to draw by myself and well, I guess I skipped a few steps in the learning process. I realize my anatomy sucks, it blocks me from doing the poses I want to draw and I end up always doing dull poses with few to no composition.
    So yesterday while in deep thoughts I told myself I had to start over and learn what I have to learn to become as good as I want to be.
    I came here hoping for some critics and comments since I will need them and Im sure there are many great artists here that can give good feedback.

Ill try to post everyday, as I am planning to draw at LEAST 2hs every day starting today. So here i go, here is some stuff I did today, I know there will be mistakes in anatomy but I swear I will improve since ill practice like crazy, im very motivated.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Online portfolio:
    www.francisbrunet.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Above was what I did today, Ill try to post as much tomorrow, Its a little bit chaotic but today I practiced mostly poses, male anatomy especially upper body. I realized I suck at hands badly, I ll concentrate on them later.
    Tomorrow Ill practice heads and its features, and legs if I have time.

C&C welcome of course, thanks for your time

Online portfolio:
    www.francisbrunet.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Posting a bit late today, I was too much into my last drawing, didnt see the time pass by. I did a lot more than I thought, i had fun with posemanics and i decided to draw celebrity faces. Can you identify them?
    Tomorrow Ill focus more on basic anatomy, for now heres todays work:

Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.
    Shinn learns to draw.

Online portfolio:
    www.francisbrunet.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

so...

and then....?
    dont give up...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.