Sketchbook: old sb OMG i made a new one - Page 7
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: old sb OMG i made a new one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah... Prague totally sucked ass... like...NOT It was (just to make you more jealous) the single most inspiring/awesome/mind-shattering/insanely cool thing I've experienced EVER! Would've been cool if you had made it down.. Next one..huh?

Good lookin' out on the latest SP! Diggin' (as always) on your use of colors.. is that Painter you're using or PS?

Keep 'em coming!

d-C

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You answered my question. Great work Man!

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What my drawings lacks in planning, they make up for in suckyness!!

I woked on this drawing last night and I was pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Well, looking at it now, all I can say, ist that the drawing is ruined. It's stiff, and it has all of the problems that Maxetormer has allready pointed out in my earlier attepmts. Now, I do not hate it completely, I like how the colours are turning out, and well, it has the potential to become a good picture. All I need to do, is to plan the gesture and proportions properly and restrain from rendering in the early process. Also, mabye a bigger paper will do better next time, esp for the planning of perspective and composition.

dCept, naw, I don't envy you, I'm happy on your behalf. (RIIIIGHT). No, seriously, you are improving alot allready. Just make sure not to take too much of all the sugar you get . I'm using PS so far, btw.

Neoknocker, Thanks .

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im definitely feeling the colours. also on the previous page. rendering skills in those portraits you do from ref are also very solid. would like to see some more colour work in your book man.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE WORKS going on here !! love ur pencil stuff man ! nice studies
    keep up the spirit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He said it. Really nice work here man! Love that last colored dude. And the little dude saying :" Drink coca cola" is awesome! Cheers buddy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know I'm diggin on your color-choices..heh.. Looking forward to the update.
    I like your musclestudies.. nice and clean lines!

Keep 'em coming!

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BAM! Haha that was a suprising bump, at least when I first discovered it. Thanks alot gays...umm, I mean guys...

It's late, so I'll reply later.

riiiiiiight....

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heisann, morro å se noen andre fra Norge her. (vet ikke hvor lov det er å skrive på noe annet enn engelsk her, men jeg tar sjansen...)
    Snubla tilfeldigvis over selvportrettet ditt og kunne ikke la være å legge merke til "møøøøø".
    Masse stilig her, særlig uttrykka på de to siste selvportretta. Og den colafyren. XD Nice stuff indeed....

My sketchbook, yeah yeah... too much nude girls... I know. - Now with noses too !

Grimmegrim.com,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay - freaky, dirty, spooky, exciting - as i like it! keep your style. those colored works i like most. keep on - wanna see more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

boy, did that scan suck...

Sorry, I have a bad habit of posting before I go to bed. I'll reply later some time. Promise.

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow nice, that stuff is kickass

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man. It has been a while. Too long, in fact, because this sketchbook is too awesome to miss.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

why can't I change the title?!

thanks guys!

I have started doing this master study by Bouguereau, "The Flagellation of The Christ". I started out by drawing Jesus first, but I'm gonna do the rest of the "main guys" later. It's drawn on an A3 sheet and I still need more space to draw the whole figure. I'm not sure wether I'm gonna combine several sheets for one big drawing, of if I'm going to draw the figures seperately. I must say that drawing after the old master really opens my eyes for the more subtle shapes and values. Every artist should (imho) do this at least one time during their lives.

Early progress, for those who are interrested..

What I have done so far..

And here is the original:
    http://www.artrenewal.org/images/art..._of_Christ.jpg

Last edited by AndreasM; December 11th, 2005 at 12:04 AM.
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NoFish... this thread is kicking my ass. Seriously. Bro, you've improved so much in the last couple years. I know I've prolly said it before but I'm puttin' it out there again. And y'know why you're kickin' all this ass? Because you work hard at it. You're drawing a lot. I commend you and look up to you... even tho you're younger than me... lol I love the work you're doing... please keep it up and I promise I'll make my name evident around here a hell of a lot more often. Thanks for the tip in my thread as well, mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ZebzFree: Dude, thaks alot for your kind words! I'm not sure if I deserve it. You made my day!

More crap. I'll try to finnish that Michelangelo study tomorrow. And if it seems like all my figures lack hands, it's all becouse you fail to pretend that they are there!

...right...

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, just wanted to drop by and add my praises to the roar. . .really cool to see someone willing to put the time in with studies and master copies and the like in order to develop the skill. . .you're doing what you need to, just keep at it.

I really enjoy some of the sketches you've colored; the cola monster is hilarious. Great stuff!

/signature expired

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man. I really dig your concept of anatomy and your contours are really smooth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moonstrider: Hallo! Alltid morro å se med nye nordmenn her inne. Hehe, har tenkt til å gjøre en liten serie av de selvprotrettene, med dyrelyder som nøff, bæ, vrinsk - selvfølgelig med passende uttrykk.

Dr_Brain: Thanks man! I'll try to squish out some more colour work..

styler, hehe thank you.

van: Long time indeed! Thanks for all the comments

jkior: Yea, doing master studies is a great learning experience. I get frustrated first, but when the main proportions are down (or when I think they are!), it's a pleasure to discover all the subtle values, gestures and shapes that has been placed by the artist. I discover new things all the time and that really helps me push my boundaries, even if it feels slow most of the time.

van, thanks again mate.

I started on this one a cuple of days back. It was sort of unmoivated, I just started drawing a head. This creature is really just a shell that wraps over this energy parasite container thing...the creature can both unleash and absorb energy from other living things. I have alot of ideas for this one, and I really want to develop it further. Expect to see more concept on this one over the year..

continuing on the Michelangelo study. It's only 30% finnished, and i have allready started the renderings...I'm awful at hands.

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey n0fish! Beautiful drawings man. You pop up every once in a while, but when you do, sure as hell shake my ground at least. Lovely master study!
    I guess you could work a bit more with your digitals tho, or am I crazy?
    very cool, keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dig this Michelangelo study. Very clean and it has nice range of values. I gotta work on that too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sick stuff dude.
    one thing i notice because i tend to do it myself is that you over-render certain areas because you don't seem to grasp the area as a whole in terms of shading.
    i would try doing some studies where after you do the line work, you do contours for areas of shadow and fill them in with some simple hatching. that way you break down the basic lights/darks and the whole thing starts looking a lot more cohesive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy new year man!! bw your stuff is looking more relaxed
    and natural with each sketch, so KEEP IT UP!! ill be seeing you later!
    :drawing:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Michelangelo. Pretty convincing Keep it up! Cheers and Happy New Year!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the input guys.

Tigermilk, you are not crazy at all! I'm a lazy slacker..

Farvus, yeah, master studies are great, espesially if you are like me, and think you are good enough with your pencil skills.

yutani, thanks for the crit! I notice you do this alot yourself. I tried it out on a couple of self portraits (wierd lightning and all), and even though I had problems with seperating all the lines, I definately see what you mean. I see that wes does the same alot, and well, it's funny how I didn't realize how his drawings consists more of perfectly placed "planes" (rather than random gradients and such), before you gave me that crit. I'll definately use that aproach in the future.

maxetormer, fooxoo; May your 2006 be the greatest, bestest and un-emoest year ever!

I have promised myself to draw ALOT more from life this year. I'm also having wet dreams about attending to the Florence Academy of Arts.
    http://www.florenceacademyofart.com

The digital is fairly early in it's progress, but I ruined the expression in the later version...

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for the cheap bump. Will have a real update soon...

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, as you can see, I'm going back to the basics again. With a very few exeptions, I'm showing everything I have done the past...three days? So basically, you get my up's and downs. I'm thinking about posting more regulary again, pherhaps use this thread more as a journal. You will see my good days, my bad days, my decent drawings and my bad drawings. I have a job, tho (a boring one), so I'm not sure how much drawing I get to squeeze into the next week, but well...noone knows what might happen.

Boring anatomy studies, I know. I'm showing all of them becouse I could feel the line and observervation improve as I kept on. Posted cronologically..

Well, that's it for now. I'm going back to bed again.

Last edited by AndreasM; January 8th, 2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's a great idea showing everything, and start posting more regularely, I should do so myself. Anyways very nice studies, what are those loomis or something?
    I guess you could work a bit on the lines, possibly they seem a bit unsertain, or how to put it, from times. Tho that isn't really a thing bothering me.
    Vary your work allso, I mean don't hang yourself over studies completaly, do little doodles allso, to keep up the imgination.

But that's just little advice, I can tell you're doing very well on your own.
    Just keep posting!
    t

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tigermilk. No, no Loomis in here. Yeah, my lines are uncertain as hell, esp on those spots i'm not 100% confident at. I'm sorry for boring you guys with all the anatomy drawings, but that's what I currently want to develop further. I do alot of non-ref doodles, mainly figures, and I have TONS of shortcomings on that kind of work (movements of the arm, the hands\foot\legs and the muscles on the back, to name a few), so, well I have to work a lot on adding new knowledge to my library, so to speak.

Started tonights session with some imaginative figure work, keeping in mind what Targete said about NOT erasing the mistakes, just moving on and so forth. They all (exept #4) look ghey and I'm gonna try to continue working with this every day.

Ref work, plus an attempt at drawing the arm from memory.

Applying knowledge...

Doodling...I was tired at this point..

I'll see if I can squeeze in some work to morrow as well. Good night

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1