Art: MY NEW ANIMATION-Please Watch!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: MY NEW ANIMATION-Please Watch!

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon MY NEW ANIMATION-Please Watch!

This is an animation inspired by a short story called "Snake Eyes". At a party an ex-officer meets guests at a rehabilitation center somewhere between earth and space. He is being reconditioned to lessen the effects of the aggression drugs he had been given during service. But reconditioned for what and by whom! This animation was completed April12-May21 2009, and fuses "Groovy Distortion" music from LFO's debut Frequencies back in '92: I made all of the visuals you see including the backgrounds in a little over a month. I really, really, really hope you like this one.

CAFE-4 from Terence Daniels on Vimeo.

comments welcomed

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it sure was trippy! cool music and slowmotion did entertain me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it was strange in a great way.The music and colors love them and it was like one kiss lasting forever :]

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I appreciate the kind words. Worked pretty hard on this one so I'm hoping for some good feedback!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is fucking badass. 4:18 totally sold me on it.

There are so many motion glitches early on though. Please for the love of god fix them.
    They drive me completely crazy, because I can tell that the characters aren't moving the way you intended them to and it pulls me out of what is an otherwise exhilarating piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I woke up and watched it again first thing today. Again, four minutes well spent. Tasty.
    when your characters are floating, the cop and the prostirobot: they should be moving in arcs not straight lines. Also near the beginning there are a few shots where their motion completely changes direction between cuts. Which is super weird looking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for your vigilance and your critique of my work batcustard. I've fixed problems at 4:18 so that a little better. Before I submit this there will be different music as well I hope.

This is for Playboy's animation contest. I want to enter the Aniboom thing but I'm finding it difficult to get into the holiday spirit in June. Plus I don't have any voices or sound again. huuhf.

Any motion jumps should indicate the passage of time in some form or another. If all goes well there will be more "Cybertales". In fact I'm planning another at the moment.

Again, your comments really help. Don't think I've ever had anyone describe my work as "f*cking bad*ss!" Now that's the kind of review an animator lives for! Hope you keep watching...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really weird, cool, and very trippy. But, most of the time, the characters movements were to smooth, and to even. Made the animation feel a little mechanical and unnatural. You need to some gap timing, stretch and squash. (Three things my instructors always empathize while animating), to make the characters have more life and personalty in them. I don't quite understand the story, but over all a cool piece.

Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Vayne, my partner of Audio 8 records has added a new musical score to the thing to replace the unlicensed music. It feels better that way even though I like the techno sound. Watch it again for the new sounds...

Yes the movement are very smooth but I think it is something different that people will appreciate at least in this short. I think you will find that with tradigital CG, ordinary animation principal do not always apply.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cout View Post
    Thanks Vayne, my partner of Audio 8 records has added a new musical score to the thing to replace the unlicensed music. It feels better that way even though I like the techno sound. Watch it again for the new sounds...

Yes the movement are very smooth but I think it is something different that people will appreciate at least in this short. I think you will find that with tradigital CG, ordinary animation principal do not always apply.
    You very welcome, I will re watch !!! I do see what your saying about the digital media animation. I used to think that way to, One thing I learned was it is always better to apply traditional principles to digital. Just like one would in a digital painting or a traditional painting same thing.

Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.