Questions and answers

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Questions and answers

Yesterday I installed a trial version of Painter 11. And I really like the interfaces and such. But as a newbie to the software I were bound to encounter problems with it. Or, problems to me that is.

So I thought I could look in here for some answers but couldn't find it. So instead of creating a thread with one simple question I thought it would be better to create a thread like this. Where people with questions come and get them answered by people who wish to help. To keep these fine forums a little more organized instead of a whole lot of small threads.

Anyhoo, here is my question.

I can't seem to get any really black colours. It's more greyish or what to call it. Is there some kind of settings or such I have to change? Or is this just how it is? I hardly believe so though.... so any help would be appreciated!

Questions and answers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's Painters colour management system, from my experiences changing the colour mode doesn't help, but the in the top right of the program there is a vertical line of small icons, or in your case the top right of the canvas, click the 3rd one from the top (the rainbow rectangular one to be specific) and that'll show you true blacks, and true whites

Takecare

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SHAP00PI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you don't mind me saying, and I don't mean to offend but.....

Perhaps the reason why you couldn't find a thread or threads that might help you with your problem is that too many people don't title the original post properly. For example; You are looking for a solution to a problem with BLACK: why did you title your post Questions and Answers?

Try this at Painter Factory.

http://painterfactory.com/forums/t/1557.aspx

I don't think it's a good idea to have all questions and answers in one thread, that's what the whole Painter Forum is for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralucard View Post
    Yesterday I installed a trial version of Painter 11. And I really like the interfaces and such. But as a newbie to the software I were bound to encounter problems with it. Or, problems to me that is.

So I thought I could look in here for some answers but couldn't find it. So instead of creating a thread with one simple question I thought it would be better to create a thread like this. Where people with questions come and get them answered by people who wish to help. To keep these fine forums a little more organized instead of a whole lot of small threads.

Anyhoo, here is my question.

I can't seem to get any really black colours. It's more greyish or what to call it. Is there some kind of settings or such I have to change? Or is this just how it is? I hardly believe so though.... so any help would be appreciated!

Questions and answers
    Ther visualization can be turned off by cliking the rainbow icon on the right side, but recently learned a trick, go to the color profile settings and instead of perceptual and that stuff change it to relative colometric.

I just noticed that the icon of previsualization it wont matter anymore, plus, the colors will not look washed once you save it as a jpg file and opening in another program, i was getting nuts also to find a correct color profile, like adobe 1998 and stuff, but the relative colorometric its the key.

There are no such things as bad art, just tight deadlines.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.