Dynamic Energy challenge - Hero X4!!!! Stage2 POLL!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite and most dynamic!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • TobbA

0 0%
  • MoHog

1 9.09%
  • BubbaGump

3 27.27%
  • Me,Myself & Me Again

1 9.09%
  • The7Artist7

6 54.55%

Thread: Dynamic Energy challenge - Hero X4!!!! Stage2 POLL!

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Dynamic Energy challenge - Hero X4!!!! Stage2 POLL!

Ok Time to vote!

Dynamic Energy challenge - Hero X4!!!! Stage2!

Crits, comments and general chat re this challenge is encouraged let us know what you think!

Here are the entries:

TobbA:

MoHog:

BubbaGump:

Me,Myself & Me Again:

The7Artist7:

Happy voting!

Last edited by The7Artist7; May 19th, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bubbagump gets my vote - just kept being 'drawn' to it

The7Artist7: really good, love the detail and composition - I dont kno why I didnt vote for you

Me,Myself & Me Again: pretty nice, only crit is the anatomy - spawn seems to shrink under his cloak and you seem to have had a bit of trouble with ghostrider's leg

TobbA: shame that the poses are slightly rigid, as the painting looks pretty good and you have a good idea behind it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoHog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ok. So I'll try to give a few crits and hope it's helpful

tobbA: Pretty nice. Fix Spawns pose tho... looks stupid. And maybe it's a little too saturated or something... The cloak could be more spawny too

MoHog: Looks cool. Biggest crit would be to use more color though. Right now it's evident you've only made a b&w drawing and slapped on some red and green in select places. I think the bg could have used a bit more stuff going on too...

BubbaGump: Cool stylization. Maybe the perspective on Deadpools arms is a bit too extreme... can't really find much more to say tho

Me, Myself & Me Again, Looks cool... Maybe work some on proportions and perspective tho. Spawn looks a bit like he has no legs

The7Artist7: Gets my vote. Really like how you made deadpool... Maybe not perfect anatomy but still drawn in a very dynamic way I think Ghost Rider have some proportion issues tho, and maybe he's a little big compared to Deadpool..

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys - still trying to figure out who to vote for - it's a difficult one this time as you've all captured a cool element of dynamism! - soon as I have some spare time I'll leave comments for y'all

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Comments!

TobbA: - Nice pic! It is vibrant with an interesting viewpoint showing depth. I also like the areas of careful detail like ghostrider's skull and hand. The things which I feel could be better are the overall rendering as it looks a bit unfinished and the anatomy looks rushed in places also. the only other thing is spawn's cloak confuses your eye where it goes behind ghostrider's head and flames. Overall cool!

MoHog - Something keeps drawing me to this one - I think it's the way you've captured the movement, interaction between the characters and weighting of their poses. I actually like the simplicity of the colours but agree that the rendering could have been handled better - in areas it really looks quite 'muddy'. The anatomy is really quite good apart from the legs where the muscles are slightly odd. Overall You got my vote!

BubbaGump - Very nice piece! I love the way you have really nailed the style and use colour well in a strong and balanced way - ghostrider's flames really work well. You've also got very confident linework and captured the characters. Unfortunately, the awkwardness of the hands and the strange angle of the blades Deadpool is holding detract from the strength of the rendering for me just enough to miss my vote. I feel mean as it's a cool pic! Overall very nice!

M3 - Cool! You've captured the characters and used an unusual idea. The colours are again nice and vibrant with plenty of contrast and clarity. There is a real 'showdown' vibe going on and some nice details. Unfortunately, it's a little unfinished, the interaction between the characters is a bit static* and I'm not exactly sure what's happening? Overall I like it!
    *It looks like Spawn is trying to drag Ghostrider towards him and Ghostrider is trying to ride into/over Spawn - which leads the viewer to be confused as surely the tension should be in opposing directions?

The7Artist7 - I really quite like how this one turned out, it's fun energetic and captured Deadpool quite well. some areas are a bit rushed and anatomy could do with more attention especially on ghostrider. Overall enjoyable

Phew! It was a hard one to vote on this time as all the pics were very cool in different ways - thanks guys for the comments!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff everybody! Here are some crits.

TobbA: Good colors, but the poses are awkward and lack dynamic rythm. The anatomy and the line of action is particularly weak in the spawn part of the drawing. I also believe Ghost Rider could've been closer towards the viewer for more dynamism and depth.

MoHog: I like the concept and execution! Background could've been more colorful and some tangents could've been avoided but I like it.

BubbaGump: W00t!

Me,Myself & Me Again: Awesome colors. Ghost Rider could've been closer towards the viewer and Spawn could've had better proportions. Ghost Rider's foreshortening looks really awkward too (it looks like he's decapitated waste down), but a really solid and good piece!

The7Artist7: I like the poses and the skewed anatomy, but the proportions look kiddy-like and the composition I feel is very weak. Deadpool's sword could've been foreshortened towards the viewer so there would be less negative space (it seems like you didn't want to crop any part of the characters).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbaGump For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.