Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thunderdome Round 3 Discussion...the winners etc...

Thanks
    Thanked 11,356 Times in 2,877 Posts

Thunderdome Round 3 Discussion...the winners etc...

hey all....just curious as to what your thoughts on the latest contest were. Who do you think the winners were...What was your favorite piece?...

just wondering...

jason
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sorry, can i get a link to those filthy poo munchers final submissions?

<EDIT>

Ne'ermind
    Here it is.
    Last edited by Grooveholmes; November 3rd, 2002 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks
    I think this was judged very well.. too many very nice pieces to choose from, that's for sure. Some that really stood out for me (other than those who won.. and those stood out for sure) were mcotie's, Lono's, Hedrus', Jason's, brasshorsekillers, Batterram's.. to name just a few (which is hard to do because I am sure I've left out some damn fine submissions). I think everybody did a great job! Congratz to the winners and good job to the rest
    Last edited by oglzogl; November 3rd, 2002 at 01:38 AM.

eggbeater Guest
    I just gotta say, this was a complete class act all the way. Congrats to everyone that contributed, what a cool thing to watch transpire!

Thanks
    Ok.. my vote would go as follows:

1. Tie between the two of andrews posts: His third entry and the last post, the wheeled monstrosity.

2. Nivbed's frost dogs.

3. Mcoties Badass hellhounds.

Everyone did a killer job though, congrats to the winners!

Thanks
    i think there were a lot of really good pieces from both sides. on the concept side i think the strongest were (of course) andrews, jasons, mcnally, mcotie, and lono. these are all very strong pieces, and they are really solid creature concepts. i think they would be able to hold out very well in battle.

mcoties war dogs are fast and fierce, and seem they could slip in and out of battle before the other side knew what hit them.

both jasons and andrews pieces are hard hitters. they are big and grotesque, and capable of mass destruction. i think they would represent the heavy assault team.

lonos creature is very unique, and a very cool idea. although it may suffer in the battle department due to its lack of maneuverability and its small attack range (blind spots to the sides and back)

mcnallys is also very cool. seems like it would have a wide range of attack abilities and speed.

i also think otis' creature is a strong contender with the cybernetic enhanced soldier.

for the eatpoo side i think there are just as many good pieces. but i also think there were a lot of people who didnt really take it seriously. many of their creatures are just not strong enough for a war.
    some of the strong pieces i thought were from prometheus, brasshorse, niv, splif, noxizmad, and joachim. most of their strong creatures are also very big in size.

prometheus' is a very cool creature concept and looks to combine speed with strength.

joachims abomination is very nice, but may suffer in speed.
    brasshorses is one of their strong hitters. it has size, speed, strength, and ferociousness.

splifs is very original and huge in size. i think it could wreak havoc on the field.

noxs halloween heavy unit is just that. i dont think much could withstand a full assault from a group of these.

niv also has very unique creatures. the wolf is another giant assault unit that could pose a huge problem for the opposing army.

i went over both sides very quickly, and sorry for leaving out the other people, but i found these to be the strongest of each army, in concept, originality, craftsmanship, and just the ability i think it would have in combat. hopefully i was not too hard on anyone and i apologize if i was. i am not sure of who the winner will be, it seems to be a very tight race. eatpoo may have the size advantage, but i think concept might have a larger amount of good creatures.

Thanks
    Fantastic effort by all. I agree Noximads? was the pic that drew the eatpooers over the line. Imagine his halloween robot knockin on your door asking for candy....!

Androids work was simply prolific (how does he do it?) and beautifully detailed.

I think everyone who entered should get a door prize or certificate and the winners maybe should get something else for their work...whaddya think?
    :chug:
    Live like you are going to die tomorrow. Learn like you are going to live forever. GANDHI

Thanks
    Heh heh, door prizes.

Thanks
    overall i enjoyed looking at these pieces and many of them were rendered very well only thing i see too much of ...though it's not an easy thing to break away from in designing a creature is the humanoid/animal and mechanic look.
    more later, must work, stupid professors giving us two weeks homework
    As a mans power and knowledge grows so the paths he may choose lessen more and more until he can choose only and whole what he must do.
    time to follow the trend: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...14#post1052814
    oh and heres a college buddy of mine:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75358

Thanks
    yeah, was a nice contest and a good battle.

both armies have fought well, eatpoo featured the best overall army while we featured the best individual monster, so everyone kinda won.

when i speak for myself, i can say i pulled some experience out of it in terms of handling deadlines and not getting too much time inbetween painting sessions.

when's the next one?

Thanks
    ...and congratulations to all, fantastic work. cheers

Thanks
    Where can I see the official winners?
    I wanna seeee!!!!
    But even without seeing, congrats to the winners lol =D

Thanks
    Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved. Seeing the best from everyone really is a great humbling experience-- it's awesome to see what everyone pours out of themselves, how they translate the description, the mood and actions portrayed, the techniques and styles used. This really pushes me to try harder the next time. I hope this was a great learning process for everyone else as it was for me. If so, we truly have won the war!!!

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast